Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2020/21 season tickets to go on sale

Fans looking for best value should purchase before midnight on July 31st, with last season’s Championship pricing set to increase by five per cent for Phase Two purchasing should Charlton remain in the division. Increases on the early-bird discount are in place should the club be relegated to League One. https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ee69998bf9bc/202021-season-tickets-to-go-on-sale
EARLY-BIRD-PRICING-16-9

Comments

• Gonna be a difficult proposition when we dont know what league we will be in or who our owners might be next season, 
  • With concerns about games in the 2020/21 season being played behind closed doors, supporters will be able to select a season ticket that suites them.

- The full season ticket offers the best value and should any games be played behind closed doors fans will be compensated for those games following the completion of the 2020/21 season

- Charlton are also offering fans the opportunity to purchase a two stage, rolling season ticket. The ticket would allow you to purchase your ticket for the first half of the season and if games are played behind closed doors in that time, the amount you are charged for the second half of the season in November, will reflect the games missed

• CAFCTrev said:
    Gonna be a difficult proposition when we dont know what league we will be in or who our owners might be next season, 
    or if we will even be able to go in to see the match
  • £400 for a Covered End ticket possibly in league 1.

Jesus

Almost £600 in the West
  • Rise from last year's prices right? 
  • I’ll certainly be biding my time on this. 
  • Thats the early bird prices as well
  • Croydon said:
    Rise from last year's prices right? 
    £55 increase for me
  • Croydon said:
    Rise from last year's prices right? 
    Think these are the final prices from this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Will you be able to keep existing seats? 
  • Brave decision to buy a season ticket at this point in time. I think using a credit card might give you some extra protection if our owners decide to pocket the money and fold the club.
  • Seems a strange time to announce them.
    - might be playing league one next seasob
    - may be owned by someone different, we have no idea if Paul Elliott is just another crook.
    - most importantly it may be months or even years before we can actually go to the games.
    - may be owned by someone different, we have no idea if Paul Elliott is just another crook.
    - most importantly it may be months or even years before we can actually go to the games.
    Nor do we even know when the new season will commence

Because of that I guess clubs have to be prepared - After all season tickets usually get announced in March, I know there are more doubts over the ownership compared with others but your first two points could happen any year
    Probably just trying to get some money in to pay this / last month bills and this month wages, so Elliott doesn’t have to put any money in.
  • The club have to be prepared and plan ahead for any outcome. If they left it until the season finishes and we're in the championship and the new seasons starts 3-4 weeks later they'd be criticised for not announcing them sooner. 

If people don't want to renew because they don't know what division we'll be in, then they can just wait. It says the prices are valid until 31st July, so the season will have ended by then anyway.

This is poorly worded though - "The ticket would allow you to purchase your ticket for the first half of the season and if games are played behind closed doors in that time, the amount you are charged for the second half of the season in November, will reflect the games missed"

The season might not start until September, so not quite sure how November is the 'second half of the season'. November has never been the second half of the season, ever.

Ultimately though, anyone buying a season ticket right now when we don't know enough about this owners intentions, or what division we'll be in, or when fans can attend games again.......probably has more money than sense.
  • edited June 2020
    Won’t be doing anything until 30th July at the earliest. Can’t see any price increase if we are relegated. 

£50 increase as well. Not best pleased.
    Probably just trying to get some money in to pay this / last month bills and this month wages, so Elliott doesn’t have to put any money in.
     if we all pay using a credit card doesn’t that mean the club may not get any money at first until the cc company is comfortable it won’t have to refund the money if the club doesn’t play the games in front of fans ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Believe me I don't want to be giving the club money at all in this shit show of an ownership. 
    However, we love our seats, I don't care what division we are in, if we are in championship then obviously a bonus. 
    Add to the fact I have an 8 year old who has missed going to the valley like mad and its our family thing we do together I'd like to ensure we keep our seats.
  • My concern now about renewing my season ticket, is not if games behind closed doors. But that there may not be a club in 3 months time  and the money payed in goes to the receivers. 
  • Shame there's no prices for relegation, I guess if enough people wait it out there will be a price drop for that. 
  • Since when did the second half of the season start in November?
  • shine166 said:
    Shame there's no prices for relegation, I guess if enough people wait it out there will be a price drop for that. 
    I'm sure someone at the club has come up with the prices in the event of relegation but aren't publishing them for fear of appearing defeatist.

Would you want to antagonise Lord Bowyer when he's trying to rally the troops for a nine-game block of matches to stay up?

Lord Bowyer has a particular set of skills, skills he's built up over a long time. He will find them ...
  • Will you be able to keep existing seats? 

The faqs states that due to the uncertainty there will be an extended period of time to renew the same seat - with more details to follow.
  • Do those prices include a chaffer driven ride in a white Ranger Rover, it seems that's what's been budgeted for.
  • 😀😁😂🤣😅😆😅😄😃🤣😂😁😀🤢🤮🤫

err that is a whoosh, right?