Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020/21 season tickets to go on sale

Comments

• Options
    I'm I being completely thick on this but will that price be lowered when we get relegated to league 1?? 
    Sorry if??
    The statement that they have made said that the early bird discount will be increased if we get relegated but it does not say by how much.
    It could mean that you may still end up paying more for League One football next season than you did for Championship football this season. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Gonna be a difficult proposition when we dont know what league we will be in or who our owners might be next season, 
    or if we will even be able to go in to see the match
    ....or if the club even exists! Dramatic, but its possible with the recent nonsense.
  • Options
    I'm I being completely thick on this but will that price be lowered when we get relegated to league 1?? 
    Sorry if??
    The statement that they have made said that the early bird discount will be increased if we get relegated but it does not say by how much.
    It could mean that you may still end up paying more for League One football next season than you did for Championship football this season. 
    So true early birds, who renew before we know what division we’re in will need to somehow obtain a refund, whereas later early birds who renew after we know what division we’re in will get that price at the time of renewal?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Sorry if??
    So true early birds, who renew before we know what division we’re in will need to somehow obtain a refund, whereas later early birds who renew after we know what division we’re in will get that price at the time of renewal?
    Correct, but if we are in the Championship then they will pay more by not renewing by 31 July. 
  • Options
    Some tickets cheaper then?

The ticket is one of the most affordable among clubs in the Championship and is 13 per cent cheaper than the club’s cheapest ticket at Championship pricing offered for the 2019/20 season. ”

So those tickets at £260 are lower than this time last year?
  • Options
    Paid £201 last year now £260 - and to whom do we write cheque to 😄
  • Options
    I saw anyone able to explain what this mean to me?

“Increases on the early-bird discount are in place should the club be relegated to League One.”

• Options
    The club have to be prepared and plan ahead for any outcome. If they left it until the season finishes and we're in the championship and the new seasons starts 3-4 weeks later they'd be criticised for not announcing them sooner. 

If people don't want to renew because they don't know what division we'll be in, then they can just wait. It says the prices are valid until 31st July, so the season will have ended by then anyway.

This is poorly worded though - "The ticket would allow you to purchase your ticket for the first half of the season and if games are played behind closed doors in that time, the amount you are charged for the second half of the season in November, will reflect the games missed"

The season might not start until September, so not quite sure how November is the 'second half of the season'. November has never been the second half of the season, ever.

Ultimately though, anyone buying a season ticket right now when we don't know enough about this owners intentions, or what division we'll be in, or when fans can attend games again.......probably has more money than sense.
    It doesn't say November is the second half of the season, its says you will be charged in November for the second half of the season. 
  • Options
    £299 for the north stand!!!!!
    I moaned last season when it went up from £199 a season to £210 someone’s having a laugh!
  • Options

“Increases on the early-bird discount are in place should the club be relegated to League One.”

season ticket is say £400
    early bird discount is say £370
    if relegated the early bird discount increases to say £350
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Probably means it league 1 prices will go up by £25, if we are still in Championship at least double that amount
  • Options
    with half the UK on reduced or furloughed salary we do a sky and up the prices - who is running the club - where is the common sense !!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Where do you get the early bird discount price of £370 from? 
  • Options
    I moaned last season when it went up from £199 a season to £210 someone’s having a laugh!
    Some of us have to £400 ! 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Where do you get the early bird discount price of £370 from? 
    I am just using made up figures to explain 'increase on early bird discount' means
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Probably means it league 1 prices will go up by £25, if we are still in Championship at least double that amount
    Basically two conflicting answers to the same question, that’s how clear this is.

My take is that they are saying there will be an additional discount for early birds if we get relegated to League One. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020

I would love to know how many they're selling at this moment in time.

What do you reckon, can we count total sales on both hands?

There will always be people happy to throw their money away regardless of the mess the club is in. I find i staggering that anybody would buy/renew a season ticket under the current circumstances but you can guarantee there will be. 
    Judging by this thread not many.

My view is I am going to go whatever and the club is in dire straits. They need to get funds in to continue to run the club. Admittedly my season ticket is a drop in the ocean but As they say every little helps. 

As many have said we may not have a club to support, Given the way things are going if that’s the case the loss of my season ticket money will be nothing compared to the pain of not having Charlton to support or watch. 

Elliot has made positive nosies and shown Some commitment and in my mind  we are very much in the last chance saloon now. if I am still watching football at the Valley next year I will be grateful whatever division And whoever has the honour of wearing the shirt. Blind loyalty maybe, but I can’t change after all this time. 

I totally appreciate those fans that will wait to buy it’s each persons own choice or personal circumstances that dictate this. 

• Options
    When they say early birds they mean young bitches.
  • Options
    Will you be able to keep existing seats? 
    I doubt anyone else is going to want it.
  • Options
    Doesn't make a lick of a sense, any other clubs offering early season tickets like this when we don't even know if theres going to be a next season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's for over 65's.
  • Options
    This ill thought out, confusing piece of disinformation has clearly been put up with the intention of taking our focus away from the BIG problem facing us.....the survival of our beloved football club.

I wonder who's the author of this fiendishly cunning, albeit clever plan ? 
  • Options
    Just out on interest, when are the current seats held until?
  • Options
    Bloody hell £575 for east stand centre...
  • Options
    fmaddick said:

” The ticket is one of the most affordable among clubs in the Championship and is 13 per cent cheaper than the club’s cheapest ticket at Championship pricing offered for the 2019/20 season. ”

This is smoke and mirrors. It’s not a like for like comparison. They are comparing the final price offer for 2019/20 with the initial price this year. In fact you could buy at a lower rate last summer after we’d been promoted, but by claiming that the final prices (which actually choked off demand) were “Championship prices” they can claim to be cheaper. The technical term for this approach - and perhaps the appropriate response - is “bollocks“.

But who is actually making these decisions at the moment? 
  • Options
    fmaddick said:

” The ticket is one of the most affordable among clubs in the Championship and is 13 per cent cheaper than the club’s cheapest ticket at Championship pricing offered for the 2019/20 season. ”

This is smoke and mirrors. It’s not a like for like comparison. They are comparing the final price offer for 2019/20 with the initial price this year. In fact you could buy at a lower rate last summer after we’d been promoted, but by claiming that the final prices (which actually choked off demand) were “Championship prices” they can claim to be cheaper. The technical term for this approach - and perhaps the appropriate response - is “bollocks“.

Keohane, I should think.
  • Options
    fmaddick said:

Keohane, I should think.
    That would make sense, unlike his decision making. 
  • Options

I take it as meaning that should we be relegated there will be a further discount on the current early-bird price.

If that's the case though then why would anyone buy now if they have until the end of July?

You can wait and see what division we're in as our last game is before the deadline, and then either renew at the current price for championship football, or get it at a lower price if we're relegated.

It's clear as mud really.

• Options
    I have to admit,I am normally straight out of the blocks and buy very early,but for the life of me,why would anyone buy now.
    No owners,dont know what division,now it is reported Birmingham want Bowyer,any number of Southalls could appear and nick the lot,July 30th for me .(Subject to guarantees that the money is going to be used properly)