Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020/21 season tickets to go on sale

124»

Comments

• Options
    Going to wait and see what unfolds. 

If AB and PV or even Jenkins had purchased the  club I would of been straight in to show my support and help the club with cash flow during these unusual times. 

• Options
    6 weeks for the early bird deadline. 

So potentially another 2 or 3 takeovers time. 

I shall wait and see. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    6 weeks for the early bird deadline. 

I wouldnt worry about an early bird deadline. If the ST sales are dogshit they wont jack up the price once the date passes. How can they if they want to sell them?
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many deal offers there were this season ? Unless you can guarantee you can attend all fixtures, im pretty sure that a full season ticket is a false economy. 
  • Options
    As at 14:30 today Matthew Southall and Al Nasirat Tahnoon both show as 'active' directors of East Street Investments Limited.

It is my belief that the so called 'regime change' is little more than window dressing and until things become clearer none of my money is going anywhere near the Club and, given my disenchantment with the double glazing salesman tactics employed on the streaming fiasco, maybe not even then.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Club just called me regards a half seaaon ticket. I asked about league one pricing and have had it co firmed that the price increase will happen no matter what league we are in. I also told them that a £20 admin fee for clicking a extra button was a piss take. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    shine166 said:
    Does anyone know how many deal offers there were this season ? Unless you can guarantee you can attend all fixtures, im pretty sure that a full season ticket is a false economy. 
    I’ve increasingly felt that way. The “footy for a fiver”, ST holder gets a freebie for a mate”, “three match package” deals all impact on the value of a ST in pure monetary terms.

It’s not just all about money though. I’ve been buying my last few STs for a number of reasons. These include in no particular order:

1.  Habit. It’s what I do.
    2.  I like my seat. It’s front row so no-one in front of me other than the press guys who I can have a chat too
    3.  I don’t mind the people I sit beside (the mates I originally went with have stopped going)
    4 ST are reasonably priced and save all the hassle of buying match tickets. 
    5 it keeps me “honest”. Being Scottish, if I’ve paid for it I’m going to bloody well go whether I want to or not!!!

Some of those reasons have changed or are likely to. My circumstances are changing and mean that I won’t be going to every match. Unfortunately, one of the old boys next to me has passed on that I know of and goodness knows how many of my front row neighbours will have fallen to the virus. I can live without the front row seat and one way or another there will be plenty of empty seats next season. The club is an utter basket case and I will not commit money until I am satisfied that the owners are in it for reasons that I deem to be appropriate.  Given all of these factors and the overall uncertainty due to COVID-19,I wouldn’t have been renewing next season anyway, but the price hike (yes, despite the smoke and mirrors it is a substantial price hike!) just put the tin lid on it for me. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I doubt if that’s anywhere near true, unless you only  want to attend 17/18 matches or happen to have a mate passing you comps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Yeah im desperate to buy one to have some kind of normality to look forward to in the future.. but they don't make it an easy choice. I'm already not able to do midweek games, but have a spot in J block where I really enjoy being. I did express the concerns of where the money is actually going too.. i imagine the lady on the phone will be hearing a lot of the same when she makes the calls to potential buyers.

As ever though, if we had owners with good intentions most of these issues wouldn't be in my mind and I'd stump up the cash no worries. 
  • Options
    NS J block is showing only 68 seats left, are they likely to have all sold already or some of those still seat held back for people to renew ? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    NS J block is showing only 68 seats left, are they likely to have all sold already or some of those still seat held back for people to renew ? 
    All existing ST seats will be shown as sold/unavailable until the end of the early bird period. No way of knowing at the moment how many have renewed already. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Most likely held back for renewals 
  • Options
    Until the EFL approve proof and source of sufficient funds for the new owners, I am not paying a penny, regardless of what division we are playing in and any threat of price increases. Increase too much for what is on offer and I will continue supporting, but on a pick and choose my matches basis only. 

The fans hold the cards here and we have seen the fans stay away in droves in the past, we will again, unless a sensible and well timed strategy is implemented (too late) by the club.

l look forward to hearing what the EFL have to say and to learn who is now behind ESI? 
  • Options
    I think anyone who is thinking of or has already renewed obviously hasnt been awake for the past 4 months.

We dont know when the new season will start.
    We dont know when fans will be allowed back into stadiums.
    We dont know who owns us & the money could well be going straight into their back pocket.

If anyone dares try to call me asking if I'm going to renew is likely to get very short shrift. 
    Tbh id buy one tomorrow if Varney took over, wouldn't care which league or if/when we could go. 
  • Options
    I think anyone who is thinking of or has already renewed obviously hasnt been awake for the past 4 months.

We dont know when the new season will start.
    We dont know when fans will be allowed back into stadiums.
    We dont know who owns us & the money could well be going straight into their back pocket.

If anyone dares try to call me asking if I'm going to renew is likely to get very short shrift. 
    I've just had a call about my season ticket refund and nothing was said about why i'm not renewing.
  • Options
    The club keep going on about renewing season tickets, have they not worked out that the best advertising campaign is to show the supporters we have genuine owners who have the money to support the club and have put it into the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    They were telling people a month ago that they had sold 6000 already, why the sales pitch if they don't know exactly how many can attend yet ? .... it wouldn't be because the figures are BS could it? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    clive said:
    They were telling people a month ago that they had sold 6000 already, why the sales pitch if they don't know exactly how many can attend yet ? .... it wouldn't be because the figures are BS could it? 
    No way they've sold 6000 season tickets
  • Options
    They're in touch we me today, apart from the ownership shambles I don't fancy a long train journey to the games, very sadly I'm out, probably for this season until everything improves. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    shine166 said:
    clive said:
    No way they've sold 6000 season tickets
    I agree 
  • Options
    If Thomas S takes over I will buy a season ticket if ESI sell on to another crook they can kiss my a***
  • Options
    If the had sold 6k already they would have released all of the seats that havent been renewed. Mine is still showing as not available - and i havent renewed . 
  • Options
    Can't see this being much of a problem