Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    He was also hoping for some signings too
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Think this week will be another dud. Something not feeling right about all of this now. 
    It's only Monday, ffs.
    It was only Monday last week and the week before ... 
    We signed a player the week before.
    Yes... after doing NOTHING in the transfer market for four months!!
    Bit harsh on Ledley...
    Not really that harsh in fact 
  • Options
    Think this week will be another dud. Something not feeling right about all of this now. 
    It's only Monday, ffs.
    Yes, but now we are closer to the start of Tuesday than the start of Monday.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    so we know Tuesdays news from CAFC --- those three picked up minor injuries,we are hopefully getting some  player in but as a  Slade Green FC  player his wage demands are a challenge --- we go again
  • Options
    It's only Monday, ffs.
    Yes, but now we are closer to the start of Tuesday than the start of Monday.
    Good point, I'm another half day closer to Retirement :)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Surely common sense dictates that it should be easier getting foreign players to the north east because they don't know what it is like. I know bizarrely a minority of players do seem to want to go back there but it is logical if you have lived there or even been there, you will appreciate that it isn't the best of locations. Maybe it is much more tolerable if you can afford a mansion on the outskirts.  
  • Options
    Said it before, we need a thread exposing twitter Transfer sad acts. 
  • Options
    Surely qualifies as an early contender for the Didn't Happen of The Year Awards?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I think we can get away with two midfielders and one striker. Of the right quality of course.
    Green bones taylor Davidson and hemed should be enough - taylor and green first choice - Lockyer is the only centre half good enough 
    Not quite as family friendly on a t-shirt as Young Fish Costa Fortune. 
    no wonder he didn't fit in at preston  
  • Options
    If the offer was cash and Palmer or Palmer and another player like that is being reported then I don't see how that is a bad offer? 

I'm in two minds about it, in FM terms it's gold move on a player that doesn't want to be here, get in a player(s) that have potential and already worth more. On the other hand Lyle coming back will probably put in a shift knowing it's a good chance for him to put himself in the shop window, his goals could keep us up. Tricky scenario if true.

• Options
    Or. Taylor goes through the motions and ensures he stays fit and able to get a fat signing on fee in the summer.
  • Options
    If the offer was cash and Palmer or Palmer and another player like that is being reported then I don't see how that is a bad offer? 

I'm in two minds about it, in FM terms it's gold move on a player that doesn't want to be here, get in a player(s) that have potential and already worth more. On the other hand Lyle coming back will probably put in a shift knowing it's a good chance for him to put himself in the shop window, his goals could keep us up. Tricky scenario if true.

Maybe it was Palmer on loan, or perhaps permanent but his wages are far too high for us. Or they wanted a fee for Palmer plus Taylor.

Several possible reasons why it could have been a bad deal. Palmer might not have even been the player involved.
  • Options
    I thought Gallen had said it was Murray so maybe the 72 are just making it up.

But I'd be happy with Palmer on loan or to buy.
  • Options
    In the article it says it's Palmer, just going by that.

First time Nixon has said we have offered a 'fair' wage, normally says we are cheapos
  • Options
    Off you pop to create it then!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

First time Nixon has said we have offered a 'fair' wage, normally says we are cheapos
    Both Peterborough's owner and manager have already said our offer to Maddison was fairly decent.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Both Peterborough's owner and manager have already said our offer to Maddison was fairly decent.
    I haven't seen Dmac say anywhere it was a good offer, not saying that isn't true just haven't seen it myself. All I read was Maddison was buzzing and London isn't an issue, Nixon before did say we offered poor wages, this was recently and in the past, also suggested that Bowyer needs to see if the owners have money basically. That's why I thought it was relevant to point out what Nixon had said

Edit: that's all I can see 

• Options
    I think if we were announcing someone today the media department would've been photographing / interviewing the player this morning or yesterday to have assets for the announcement. So if Olly says it's rubbish, it's rubbish. 
  • Options
    Cullen, Taylor and Field for Fulham is like signing 3 new players so no need to sign more
    No that cant be right, loads of brains on here know that Taylor isn't even injured and will never play for the club again. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I think we can get away with two midfielders and one striker. Of the right quality of course.
    Green bones taylor Davidson and hemed should be enough - taylor and green first choice - Lockyer is the only centre half good enough 
    Not quite as family friendly on a t-shirt as Young Fish Costa Fortune. 

Green Bones Taylor? Sounds like he should be playing in a Blues Club in Chicago rather than on the pitch at The Valley

• Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/the-reason-chris-solly-missed-preston-game-as-charlton-boss-hopes-three-injured-players-back-for-fulham/

"Bowyer is hoping to have Cullen, Lyle Taylor and Sam Field available for the derby against Fulham."

Jesus wept.....are our players made of glass or what  !!!   Cullen got a ball on his toe & jarred his knee....wtf  ??   Bert Trautman played the Cup final with a fucking broken arm.

With regard to any new signings...........doesn't really matter that much now. Have to be signed by midday tomorrow to be able on play on Wednesday so might as well forget any signings until Friday week as in case the club have forgotten WE DONT HAVE ANYMORE GAMES UNTIL AFTER THE WINDOW HAS SHUT.

• Options
    edited January 2020

I haven't seen Dmac say anywhere it was a good offer, not saying that isn't true just haven't seen it myself. All I read was Maddison was buzzing and London isn't an issue, Nixon before did say we offered poor wages, this was recently and in the past, also suggested that Bowyer needs to see if the owners have money basically. That's why I thought it was relevant to point out what Nixon had said

Edit: that's all I can see 

To be honest mate - that is exactly how it seems to me. People telling me I shouldn't make assumptions are the ones making the bigger assumptions in my book. I am just looking at it and trying to understand why things that should have happened haven't happened. Ok, it is really difficult to sign players in January, but why haven't they managed to sign up Bowyer? They haven't bought all of the club either. Just f*ing do something positive. Is that really an unreasonable expectation.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    We’re now leading the race to sign Greg Docherty on loan from Rangers, ahead of Sunderland.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18173138.charlton-lead-race-sign-rangers-midfielder-greg-docherty-sunderland-switch-hits-snag/