Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket .. England in South Africa & Sri Lanka 2019/2020

Comments

• Options
    Stones was out and for 120 then not soon after went Buttler for 1
  • Options
    Stones should have stuck to football. 
  • Options
    The only thing worse than getting out for next to nothing is sitting with your pads on for six hours and then doing it!
  • Options
    I just dont think Buttler has it with the bat at test level.
  • Options
    Mmmmm.....Butler not doing much with the bat lately.....Bairstow back in the frame again maybe?
  • Options
    The only thing worse than getting out for next to nothing is sitting with your pads on for six hours and then doing it!
    Surely, getting out for nothing is also worse than getting out for next to nothing :smiley:
  • Options
    A little bit worse obvs
  • Options
    Suggesting Bairstow as the replacement will annoy Canters just a bit 
  • Options
    Banton? Cox? ;) 

Nah, should be Foakes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just dont think Buttler has it with the bat at test level.
    "Go f**k yourself. Tw*t!'

As Buttler would say.

;-)
  • Options
    Foaking hell, can’t believe people are still suggesting players who’s names begin with B as the best wickie option for England. 

Do sometimes read Leuth’s fanatical support for Sarr and smile wryly. But it has to be Foakes. 
  • Options
    Agree its time for Foakes...he wont smash the ball round the park but he ll stay in and sell his wicket dearly ...and of course he is the better keeper

I see pope as our 3 of the future with yjb as a possible 6 

Buttler as our keeper/bat for 1 dayers 
  • Options
    Mmmmm.....Butler not doing much with the bat lately.....Bairstow back in the frame again maybe?
    Or maybe the keeper who is widely regarded as the best in the country and one of the best in the world who also has a test batting average over 41.
  • Options
    Foaking hell, can’t believe people are still suggesting players who’s names begin with B as the best wickie option for England. 

Do sometimes read Leuth’s fanatical support for Sarr and smile wryly. But it has to be Foakes. 
    Sam Billings  :D
  • Options
    Or maybe the keeper who is widely regarded as the best in the country and one of the best in the world who also has a test batting average over 41.

Who can that be?
  • Options

Definitely Foakes.
    Not sure Sarr qualifies to play for England, let alone keep wicket.
  • Options
    Nasser and Michael Holding going head to head is fantastic TV. But Nasser you are so wrong because, as Holding says, a lot of senior cricketers have stopped playing because of the antics of some younger players and a lot of Umpires, including myself, have stopped officiating for that reason.

It is not the celebration but the fact that he runs straight up to Root so much so that Root has to walk around him to leave the pitch.
    sorry to read that you have quit umpiring due to player's bad behaviour .. I get that young, indeed some older players at club level are apt to copy the behaviour of famous test players appearing on the telly .. a similar problem to amateur officials having problems in all too many sports 
    Thanks and it wasn't one particular incident. I just got tired of the unsubtle intimidation of players and lack of respect shown to Umpires. I will still score when required because I am away from what's going on in the middle.

Don't get me wrong we always had what I would call "banter" when I played and I was probably the most vociferous in that respect. But whereas I might have said to a batsman "your pads have a lovely middle you'll have to let me know where you bought them afterwards" to someone who kept padding up but now you hear "try use that fxxxxxx thing in your hand you useless cxxx". And it all then kicks off from there. Offering each other out in the car park. Pathetic behaviour.

I played football at a fairly decent level and you expected that sort of thing. Unfortunately, it has migrated to cricket too. 
    Where to start? 

The game at the top level has to set an example...rabadas actions could quite easily have started a free for all in a club game. Firstly his skipper should have publicly admonished him and he should have apologised at the end of play

I can't defend Buttlers behaviour in the previous game and he shouldn't escape censure. Broad and Anderson are always giving it too.

It really is such a bad example.Responsibility lies with leaders on and off the pitch.if I sound like a reactionary old fart but when I first started playing cricket and behaved poorly I would have been in physical danger from half of my older team mates(some of whom would have served in the war)

In this instance rabada could have wheeled away towards cover or gulley,he had got the wicket ...that's all he needed to do 

This isn't specifically a criticism of rabada, it's a criticism of leadership and how poor behaviour has besmirched the game 

• Options
    As well as Foakes coming in at 7 (which I have been saying almost as long as Canters), Sam Curran's job is to turn himself into a good enough batsman that he can take the number 6 slot as and when Pope eventually does move up to 3. 

We will then have a situation where we can have three front line seamers plus Stokes and Curran and a spinner or, if the situation does demand it, two front line quickies and two spinners plus those two.

Curran is a winner and does make things happen but he isn't, in my opinion, that 3rd seamer. But in the same way that we have a Stokes to throw the ball to, we would have a second serious option.
  • Options
    Pope getting bit bogged down here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rabada bowling to Sibley with no one between gully and mid off!
    SA had a one on the off and four on the leg field for Nortje too until Sibley drove one through cover but then they took a slip out to plug the gap.

This wicket is doing nothing and would be disappointed if we can't get 350 and possibly 400 plus
    #bravo
  • Options
    405-6

Pope 94
    Curran 36
  • Options
    413-7

Curran out 44
  • Options
    Pope 100 no
  • Options
    Yes Popey boy. What a player.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Bess out 1

426-8 

Tea taken.
  • Options
    Yes Popey boy. What a player.
    1st of many centuries for England. 
    A great find.
  • Options
    Pope has played brilliantly, almost throughout the innings.  What a great pleasure to see someone scoring what will surely be one of many, many hundreds.  

He should be inked in for the number six spot for a very long time.  He may, eventually, be pushed up the order, but I hope the urge to experiment in that way is resisted.  If England want to be the best in the world, they need to have the best player in the world in as many positions as possible.  Stokes, Pope, Broad and Anderson could become the best numbers five, six,, ten and eleven in the world in the world.  We need to fill a few more spots, but Pope should be the fourth piece in the jigsaw. 

Very, very impressed. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Pope has played brilliantly, almost throughout the innings.  What a great pleasure to see someone scoring what will surely be one of many, many hundreds.  

He should be inked in for the number six spot for a very long time.  He may, eventually, be pushed up the order, but I hope the urge to experiment in that way is resisted.  If England want to be the best in the world, they need to have the best player in the world in as many positions as possible.  Stokes, Pope, Broad and Anderson could become the best numbers five, six,, ten and eleven in the world in the world.  We need to fill a few more spots, but Pope should be the fourth piece in the jigsaw. 

Very, very impressed. 
    I agree, but broad and Anderson aren’t getting any younger. I think archer and Curran could replace their roles, with archer being the strike bowler. 

I think jury’s still out on sibley and Crawley, burns when he’s fit should get back in the team. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Very, very impressed. 
    I agree, but broad and Anderson aren’t getting any younger. I think archer and Curran could replace their roles, with archer being the strike bowler. 

I think jury’s still out on sibley and Crawley, burns when he’s fit should get back in the team. 
    Sam Curran is no Stuart Broad.