Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steve Gallen - now a Director

Comments

• He means John Thomas I imagine. Either way he has to speak to a dick.
  • Scoham said:
    Gallen - “I also have to speak to Thomas over in Belgium, but luckily he’s very supportive”

Before making a signing Bowyer, Gallen and Driesen all have to agree.
    Yeah but everything is normal and OK, let's forgive Duchatelet and just be good customers.
  • Scoham said:
    Gallen - “I also have to speak to Thomas over in Belgium, but luckily he’s very supportive”

Even Dreisen must recognise that Gallen has a superb eye for British based players.

• Fantastic interview, really insightful.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:

Even Dreisen must recognise that Gallen has a superb eye for British based players.

Gallen gets to pick the players and Tommy claims the credit on social media. Bless. 
    As long as we get the right players in, that's an arrangement I can live with...
  • Scoham said:

Yeah but everything is normal and OK, let's forgive Duchatelet and just be good customers.
    I don't think anyone is saying that are they? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

I don't think anyone is saying that are they? 
    Yes, they are
  • Fantastic insight. Things are coming together just nicely, Bowyer,Gallen, Jacko and Marshall are certainly the dream team.
  • Sponsored links:

• That’s probably one of the best interviews I’ve ever seen on the CAFC website
  • edited September 2019
    Think a big chorus of “One Steve Gallen” should be aired for the brum game....would also show up the Murray
  • Finally able to watch the full video.

Firstly, @Ollywozere rocking a great cardigan.

Very good interview by Olly and fascinating responses from SG.

By coincidence, just after watching it I got an email from Steve.  I was just CC'ed into a reply to an email @killerjerrylee had sent him congratulating him on his directorship but it shows what a guy he is that he bothered to reply and not just with a generic response.
  • Southall called Gallen "Director of Football" - will that be his new role or will he continue as Head of Recruitment?
  • Scoham said:
    Southall called Gallen "Director of Football" - will that be his new role or will he continue as Head of Recruitment?
    I also noticed this, amazing if true. 
  • Scoham said:
    Southall called Gallen "Director of Football" - will that be his new role or will he continue as Head of Recruitment?

Except good managers in England tend to not like DoF and often leave to get more freedom elsewhere. Not sure I see this as the positive everyone else does.
  • I guess we need confirmation but it does appear so - Steve Gallen now Director of Football.

His record shows he has the ability - in spades
    Hope that Lee is comfortable with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Seems to me that it is the roll he has been fulfilling anyway, would seem logical to make it official.
  • Scoham said:

Except good managers in England tend to not like DoF and often leave to get more freedom elsewhere. Not sure I see this as the positive everyone else does.
    The good managers in England have DoFs, the top three in the Premier League have them, the club who have underperformed the most, Manchester United have failed to get one, and their recruitment looks that way
  • Director of Football is only a problem if the person is an Ex manager: Steve isn't and Bowyer and Gallen dovetail so well. The best thing is Steve Gallen will get a wage increase for being a Director of Football and Head of Recruitment.  A head of Recruitment who doesn't have to report to a 22 year old in Belgium.
    That would make Driesen only 16 when Roland bought the club 😉 
  • edited January 2020
    The OP says he became a director in September, was that not a director of Football then?
  • Scoham said:
    Director of Football is only a problem if the person is an Ex manager: Steve isn't and Bowyer and Gallen dovetail so well. The best thing is Steve Gallen will get a wage increase for being a Director of Football and Head of Recruitment.  A head of Recruitment who doesn't have to report to a 22 year old in Belgium.
    Ok 20 something, I thought he was a schoolboy when he first got involved with Standard and Roland because his dad was Douchebag's friend.
  • Directors of football often fail when they try to take over the footballing side. That won’t happen with Gallen. I think it’s perfect. Bowyer will advise him on what he wants and he will work with Southall on bringing players in. Great news. 

If we need a head of recruitment/scout, Gallen will have the knowledge and contacts to make a good choice. 
  • I don't imagine his role has changed at all. What it's called is largely irrelevant. He and Bowyer have clearly established an effective and successful working relationship, and I expect that will continue. If it ain't broke...
  • Scoham said:
    Director of Football is only a problem if the person is an Ex manager: Steve isn't and Bowyer and Gallen dovetail so well. The best thing is Steve Gallen will get a wage increase for being a Director of Football and Head of Recruitment.  A head of Recruitment who doesn't have to report to a 22 year old in Belgium.
    Ok 20 something, I thought he was a schoolboy when he first got involved with Standard and Roland because his dad was Douchebag's friend.
    That’s rubbish. No way does Roland have a friend.
    My source tells me young Tommy's Dad was paid to be Roland's friend