Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Gallen - now a Director

Comments

• Options
    The OP says he became a director in September, was that not a director of Football then?
    He is no longer an official director in the new set up.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many people scout for Gallen?    I would guess that he has at least a few on an expenses basis. 

Does he also cover the recruitment for the U23s?  I guess he doesn't look after the u18s. 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Does anyone know how many people scout for Gallen?    I would guess that he has at least a few on an expenses basis. 

Does he also cover the recruitment for the U23s?  I guess he doesn't look after the u18s. 

No idea. There are probably a number of scouts on perm and freelance basis that go out and watch players. Not including Driesen who watched from his bedroom. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

In September 2018 Gallen had four part time regional scouts - https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ba225135c726/steve-gallen-the-man-at-the-centre-of-charltons-summer-transfer-business
  • Options
    West Brom cup programme
  • Options
    Maybe they will give Steve Galen his dof title back - on the surface it looks like he’s been demoted although he’s still doing the same role so will be no harm to call him dof if he wants that - we’ve got loads of directors at my company that aren’t proper legal directors - I’m one of them !!!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Maybe they will give Steve Galen his dof title back - on the surface it looks like he’s been demoted although he’s still doing the same role so will be no harm to call him dof if he wants that - we’ve got loads of directors at my company that aren’t proper legal directors - I’m one of them !!!
    Back? He’s never had it has he?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Yes he was made it shortly after the summer window closed - so he could sign contracts etc with no ceo about 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:8
    DOUCHER said:
    Yes he was made it shortly after the summer window closed - so he could sign contracts etc with no ceo about 
    No, he was actually made a legal director of the club but don't believe his title was ever DoF.
    Ok fair enough - they could call him dor  - director of recruitment 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's still listed as a Director on Companies House of CAFC Ltd, which is what ESI have bought according to here;

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/staff

But that's probably just a case of fillings not being public yet or filed, again the above states His Excellency, Jonathan Heller are directors and MS Executive Chairman and that ESI own the footballing company (although again nothing on Companies house yet).

He may well end up as Director of Football, but unlikely he'll be a company director still. I don't think he's ever been director of football thus far.

• Options
    Steve Galen now a director ,Lee Bowyer 5 year contract what about J Jackson 
    a real Charlton man not seen he has been mentioned.
  • Options
    I have a feeling the director of football comment from Southall may have been a slip of the tongue - fairly sure Gallen is head of recruitment rather than dof.
  • Options
    Explains the comment he made yesterday
  • Options
    Great news, think Steve has done wonders for this club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another sensible move, which reflects his status at the club - how many "heads of recruitment" would be at the launch press conference yesterday?
    It does, and fully deserved. Does explain his presence at the conference though, as effectively he wasn't a Head of Recruitment, he was Director of Football. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Fully deserved, think this is a very positive sign regarding Lee staying as well. 

• Options
    edited January 2020
    This is the best thing our new owners have done so far.  I have the highest regard for Gallen and think he is absolutely integral to our success.   Get Bowyer tied down and Jacko an extension, get rid of TK and we will then have all the right building blocks o(outside of the team itself) in place for success.
  • Options
    Great news .
  • Options
    More good news.

I hope the "more support" he mentions includes more scouts, full time scouts, analysts and even just more admin support.
    Starts Monday...

Wonder if he's rung/emailed SG asking for a role in the set up?

I'm sure SG is far too much of a gentleman to tell him what to do with his CV ; - )
  • Options
    so it's taken about 24 hours for that to get on the OS, expect a signing made this morning to be announced about 11am tomorrow :-))