Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steve Gallen - now a Director

Comments

• I have a feeling the director of football comment from Southall may have been a slip of the tongue - fairly sure Gallen is head of recruitment rather than dof.
    Same thing.
  • More good news.

I hope the "more support" he mentions includes more scouts, full time scouts, analysts and even just more admin support.
    As his role also covers contracts, the latter would definitely be of use!
  • Good for him. Did absolutely brilliant work with no budget in a horrible regime and now he's getting some well-deserved recognition from the new owners for it. Nice to see
  • I'm again struck by Gallen saying that he's been speaking with Southall for "months" so quite possibly even before the 29 November announcement and certainly before the January confirmation.

Bowyer has said similar.
  • I'm again struck by Gallen saying that he's been speaking with Southall for "months" so quite possibly even before the 29 November announcement and certainly before the January confirmation.

Bowyer has said similar.
    I would guess they have been in contact since October or maybe even before as Southall mentioned in the press conference that it would have been ideal then to have got everything sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is great news.

Onwards and upwards!
  • Every time I listen to Bowyer, Jacko, Gallen and Marshall what I like is that all four are genuine, trustworthy, decent, intelligent, articulate, down to earth people. 

Football has so many egotistical, preening pricks in the PL and so many wide boy chancers outside it.  These guys really are exceptional and with the right help I am absolutely confident they can see us good.  It is exciting times.

After the RD years I have remained somewhat cautious on our new owners... It is easy to talk the talk... But to hear Gallen talk positively and to hear Bowyer talk positively yesterday gives me huge confidence.
    And on top of that, they all really feel like Charlton people.
  • edited January 2020
    I'm again struck by Gallen saying that he's been speaking with Southall for "months" so quite possibly even before the 29 November announcement and certainly before the January confirmation.

Bowyer has said similar.
    I thought Southall said either at the press conference of in the interview that they'd been looking at us since August.  As part of any DD a buyer would interview a businesses key staff, particularly if its in the public domain they were up for sale so I don't think this is unusual.  In fact, given the number of supposed people trying to take us over its a wonder Bowyer and Gallen managed to get any work done!
  • from the article on the OS :

Executive Chairman Matt Southall said: “Coming in, we took a bit of time evaluating where the strengths and weaknesses are at the club."

Surely Keohane's days are numbered?

Now this must be the case. Tony Keohane is, in my opinion one of those employees that uses up more effort to correct their mistakes than they add with any success they may have.

he is also widely detested.

so in summary, makes very poor decisions, has a reputation as a bully boy as a boss, has deliberately prosecuted fans on trumped up charges, not one to keep. 
  • Explains the comment he made yesterday
    Also shows Mgmt has responded to the confusion the comment created 
  • Hearing a rumour that Gallen has been sacked!
  • edited August 2020
    Redhenry said:
    Hearing a rumour that Gallen has been sacked!
    Thats been denied, Louis Mendez got a text saying Gallen had been sacked and Dave Jones was being bought in, he said he ignored it at first but obviously now Jones has been seen maybe Jones has been bought in.

But Mendez made a point of saying Gallen hasnt been sacked

• Sponsored links:

• Apologies for bumping this thread, but we've not heard from Gallen in a while. 

Anybody know what he's up to since Bowyer went?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Apologies for bumping this thread, but we've not heard from Gallen in a while. 

celebrating?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Learning to play the drums, so he can accompany Thomas?
  • edited March 2021
    Busy planning the rebuild I would imagine. We do tend to hear an awful lot of him, I'm not sure we always need to.
  • edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

:#
  • I like Gallen but while finding when he transferred from Head of Recruitment to Director of Football, I came across this line:

The former Queens Park Rangers' Caretaker Manager is delighted to have some stability in his role: “I think the title gives me a bit more clout behind-the-scenes to do the best that I can for this football club.

“It’s brilliant to get ESI and Matt in, he wants to move the club forward. It’s great to get a little bit of stability and that will help us internally to move the club forward.”

....Bow's and Gallen did actually do quite well from the ESI era in terms of their own contracts, but not in terms financial backing to perform their role. A funny and quite unique situation, probably only happens in the world of ownership 'n asset stripping!

• Gallen did seem to have a pretty good relationship with Bowyer, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on with Adkins.

I would imagine it will be fairly harmonious (already hard to imagine Nads not getting on well with anyone) but I don't know how "hands on" Adkins likes to be in the signing process.
  • thenewbie said:
    Gallen did seem to have a pretty good relationship with Bowyer, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on with Adkins.

I would imagine it will be fairly harmonious (already hard to imagine Nads not getting on well with anyone) but I don't know how "hands on" Adkins likes to be in the signing process.
    The thing about the previous team is that they weren't Bowyer's "team", indeed it was Robinson who was probably most responsible for bringing Gallen and Bowyer into the club, and giving Jacko his first coaching job. I'm sure Gallen will be able to adjust to Adkins, and indeed to Roddy