Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Password Reset Request - Update & advice in opening post***

***Ed. message from Lookout***

Ok, here's the scoop.

No data breach, but yesterday a vulnerability was discovered in one of the plugins we rely on. It was patched and this measure requiring users to reset their passwords was taken to ensure that there are no compromises in the future.

If you have an email issue, send a message to me at: admin@charltonlife.com

Please don't try to start a new account... use the email address above and I'll sort it for you. Make sure to include your original email address as well as the one you wish to change to, and your user name.

cheers
Lookout

————

Hi all

It happened to me as well.

It is all above board and is something we believe to be implemented by the platform provider.

An initial theory is it is affecting people who had passwords who were not complex enough initially.

We’ll keep you updated.

Cheers
WSS

Comments

• A different forum I'm on has also (for the first time) requested I change passwords!
  • same here
  • WSS said:
    Hi all

It happened to me as well.

It is all above board and is something we believe to be implemented by the platform provider.

An initial theory is it is affecting people who had passwords who were not complex enough initially.

We’ll keep you updated.

Cheers
    Fair enough,  I suppose titwank isn’t the strongest password.
  • I don't think your initial theory is correct, my new password is less complex than my original.
  • edited November 2019
    12345 instead of 123456?
  • I don't think your initial theory is correct, my new password is less complex than my original.
    and I 'changed' mine to exactly the same as before
  • rina said:
    I don't think your initial theory is correct, my new password is less complex than my original.
    and I 'changed' mine to exactly the same as before
    You tinker
  • Sponsored links:

• What if you don’t have the email that you used to set up? 
  • A simpleton survey. Knew it.
  • I thought it was a scam, have only just changed it
  • Tavern doesn’t have his email add. Think was his old work one.  This could cause quite a few problems for people in similar situations.

Massive pain for the admin.

Can you put the email address up that people can contact you? Thanks.

• I just reset to what it was previously too. Fair point re email addresses, B. 
    I wonder if Vanilla Forums have had a data breach?
  • edited November 2019
    Ok, here's the scoop.

No data breach, but yesterday a vulnerability was discovered in one of the plugins we rely on. It was patched and this measure was taken to ensure that there are no compromises in the future.

If you have an email issue, send a message to me at: admin@charltonlife.com.

Thanks,
    A

EDIT: If you're having issues, don't start a new account... use the email address above and I'll sort it for you. Make sure to include your original email address as well as the one you wish to change to.
  • thanks Admin, all sorted
  • Sponsored links:

• What a ball ache.

Just to add we’ve had about 15 users try to register new accounts this morning. Please don’t do that. 

To be clear, there’s been no corruption of any kind and no account, details or anything have been hacked.

If you don’t know your registered email address when resetting your password, or can’t remember it, simply email the admin@charltonlife.com address and we’ll see to it. Please state your user name and what email address you want to use.

Given demand, it may take us a while to get through but we will get everyone sorted

thanks 
    AFKA
  • What a ball ache.

Just to add we’ve had about 15 users try to register new accounts this morning. Please don’t do that. 

To be clear, there’s been no corruption of any kind and no account, details or anything have been hacked.

If you don’t know your registered email address when resetting your password, or can’t remember it, simply email the admin@charltonlife.com address and we’ll see to it. Please state your user name and what email address you want to use.

Given demand, it may take us a while to get through but we will get everyone sorted

thanks 
    AFKA
    I tried to re-register solely to post the issue on here. Just ignore my request.

Thanks for all the help. 
  • I saw this earlier and got distracted,( by a phone call) then had to request it again as it is time limited, all seems to be okay. I have saved it in my keychain, but it can be a real pain in the arse as I have to change it for all the other devices  on a mac....phone\ipad etc.

• As said previously, if you are on Twitter then follow our CharltonLife account, and if on Facebook then like / follow our Charlton Life Page (just search Charlton Life). 

If ever we have issues with the website site we will always use these outlets to post information and updates.
  • edited November 2019
    Got another member who can't log in and doesn't have access to their old email address, linked to their original account. They've tried to start a new account, but keep getting "access denied" message come up. 

When was the last time a new account was opened on the board as there maybe a problem there an all.

@AFKABartram @WSS @LoOkOuT @cabbles @Stig @i_b_b_o_r_g
  • @i_b_b_o_r_g ask them to email admin@charltonlife.com with their user name, the email adress they want to use, and what they think the original one might be, and it will be sorted. No need to  registeri a new account
  • Will do mate
  • thanks guys 

• thanks guys 

No probs