Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Password Reset Request - Update & advice in opening post***

Comments

• At last all done👍
  • Admin services on a free portal far outperform paid platforms, once again.

Well done. Was locked out but the response from Admin resetting was IMMEDIATE.
  • Jobs a goodan as they say round these parts...thanks chaps 
  • Thanks for getting resolved so swiftly @AFKABartram
  •  @AFKABartram I have to sign in and request a new password every day it seems - anything I can do to help alleviate this please?
  • edited November 2019

• cabbles said:
    Just a shout out and thank you to @AFKABartram and @LoOkOuT for all their hard work since Saturday morning.  I am sure most of you are aware of the time and effort they both go to in maintaining this site so we can all enjoy it, but they have both put a shift in over the last few days and just wanted to say thank you for the time they've taken on what has been a very frustrating occurrence.

Thank you the three of you, for helping to make Charlton Life the best site
  • My thanks to everyone too.  I had no difficulty in adding a couple of digits to my password and logging on.  Only problem is though, the site won’t keep me logged on even though I’ve ticked the Keep Me Logged In box. Is there something else I can do please?
  • Sponsored links:

• @Blackheathen @Ped45 sorry for the inconvenience, as soon as we get a chance we’ll look into it for you
  • edited November 2019
    @blackheathen @ped45 are you on PC or smartphone/tablet? If you're on PC, try clearing down your cache and deleting your cookies. Then when you log back in again (cos doing that'll kick you out) see if Keep Me Logged In does the trick then. Also, are you using https://forum.charltonlife.com/ to access the site or https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com? Signing into one doesn't sign you in to the other, and if you're using the vanillacommunity link, clicking on the Forum shortcut at the top of the site kicks you over to the charltonlife.com version.
  • Are you logging in while in private mode? I heard from someone once that if they forgot to turn off private mode on their apple device after ‘looking for the wife’s present’ that private mode needs you to log in again every time
  • Thanks all, I’m back 👍🏼
  • I am concerned my monthly fees are gonna come out twice a month now after having had two passwords !
  • aliwibble said:
    @blackheathen @ped45 are you on PC or smartphone/tablet? If you're on PC, try clearing down your cache and deleting your cookies. Then when you log back in again (cos doing that'll kick you out) see if Keep Me Logged In does the trick then. Also, are you using https://forum.charltonlife.com/ to access the site or https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com? Signing into one doesn't sign you in to the other, and if you're using the vanillacommunity link, clicking on the Forum shortcut at the top of the site kicks you over to the charltonlife.com version.
    PC, and the Forum address. I'll try to clear cache. Thanks.
  • Reset password in a couple of minutes using the same password, thought it was a password strength issue?
  • Reset password in a couple of minutes using the same password, thought it was a password strength issue?
    No. Our platform provider located a potential weakness in one of their code add ons (quote function) on Friday night. The was no evidence the vulnerability had been exploited, however they immediately rolled out a patch to address that. At the same time for security caution and industry best practice they triggered the need for users passwords to be reset across all hosted forums that use their software. 

Resetting a password should be a low impact thing that takes less than a minute and for lots of you that’s the case. You enter the email address you registered with, the database matches it to your user name and sends you an email to that address with an authentication link to change (or maintain) your password.

However, we’ve never requested it before and we have hundreds of users who either don’t know their registering email or can no longer have access to it (old work, college address, closed due to spam etc), so its proved a much more impacting issue than it first seems and sometimes the resolution to update their email address to a new one is not straight forward (some have previously applied for another account with the new email address they want to use, usernames with spaces have to be changed to remove spaces etc). Some users who for years log in and don’t contribute don’t even know what their user name is etc. 

We we weren’t aware of the details of the issue at the time and it took us a day or two to attain that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry to hear of all your problems lads......but dear old CL still marches on and remains a shining beacon in the world of football fans forums.......it’s all thanks to you guys and your collective and unswerving dedication to the cause. 
  • Ped45 said:
    aliwibble said:
    PC, and the Forum address. I'll try to clear cache. Thanks.
    Thanks Ped45.  Unfortunately I have an Apple tablet and link to the internet via a hotpoint to my wife’s Apple i-phone so clearing the cache doesn’t work (as you said).  Before I changed my password I rarely had any problem with the automatic log in.  Actually, it’s not a biggie.  I log in to the forum.charltonlife site by the way.
  • Still not working for me, even after clearing my cache.  Having to request password reset and log in every day on PC, bummer!

• Hi all, we’re a little stretched right now and, on top of that, my laptop packed it in. Please bear with us, we’ll get to all outstanding issues as soon as possible. 
  • edited November 2019
    That’s very kind of you @N01R4M

some changes are in our influence and some are not. This wasn’t. We have I reckon 300+ users that so far was not a simple update, and we have hundreds more still to progress.

But we are getting there. And any compliments on the forum is leveraged against those who contribute to it. So yippe I a everyone:-) 
  • I had a very easy reset. The only thing I've noticed as of last night is the post count is missing on some threads on my computer and iPhone anyway. I first noticed it with the match thread last night, so I had no idea if there were any new posts and I was taken back to page one each time I clicked on it. Not a huge problem, and everything the mods do behind the scenes is much appreciated. Plus, I'm a trouper.
  • Why are all my posts now showing huge gaps between paragraphs?

Also unread posts are going back to zero.
    I've definitely read some of the takeover thread before I think?

;-)
  • Why are all my posts now showing huge gaps between paragraphs?

Also unread posts are going back to zero.
    I've definitely read some of the takeover thread before I think?

;-)
    We are all suffering the same, Its being looked into by the mods, they are aware.