Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Thu 14 Nov CAST AGM & Steve Gallen Q&A***

7.30pm at the Bugle Horn, Charlton Village

AGM of Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust, open to all members.

After the conclusion of the AGM business there will be a question and answer session with CAFC Director and Head of Recruitment Steve Gallen. 

To help us manage attendance at the event, please register here (though not compulsory): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cast-agm-tickets-79144769135.

Comments

• Why is the AGM scheduduled on the same night as an England international European qualifier fixture?
  • Would love to have been there but i have a ticket for Wembley. Seems a very odd night for a football supporters meeting to be held
  • The clash with the England game is unfortunate but Steve Gallen said that his preferred day of the week was a Thursday, and this was the Thursday he picked from a number of dates we offered him.

Any member who is unable to attend but who would like to raise any matter or ask any question can always do so via a written question to secretary@castrust.org

• Gonna try and make it but will probably end up deciding on the day. What time is this expected to end?
  • Gonna try and make it but will probably end up deciding on the day. What time is this expected to end?
    Straight after the national anthem....

Canters - it would be great to see you. I imagine Steve will be happy to be answering questions until about 9.45- 10pm at least
  • When we had Jackson and Marshall at Bromley we were under strict instructions to finish by 9.15 but that was as both live in Essex.
  • clive said:
    Why is the AGM scheduduled on the same night as an England international European qualifier fixture?
    Your be wanting minutes next
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame I will be at Wembley as it sounds an interesting evening, hope it goes well. Hope we get some impression as to Rolands mindset and future plans (or not) for us.   
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Shame I will be at Wembley as it sounds an interesting evening, hope it goes well. Hope we get some impression as to Rolands mindset and future plans (or not) for us.   
    I don't see why Gallen would know much more about Roland's future plans than the rest of us, the takeover is nothing to do with him
  • edited November 2019
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Shame I will be at Wembley as it sounds an interesting evening, hope it goes well. Hope we get some impression as to Rolands mindset and future plans (or not) for us.   
    I don't see why Gallen would know much more about Roland's future plans than the rest of us, the takeover is nothing to do with him
    As a director he might know something...

I accept that in reality he is probably a 'paper' director and not much more.
  • edited November 2019
    Pico said:

We will make sure he is asked about the sale process.

The question I want to ask him is:  What if anything can we as supporters do to persuade Roland to tie up the entire management team on decent long-term contracts?

Spot on we can’t have the shambolic debacle that happened this summer over their contracts happening every year, tie them down on 2 year deals in January, make sure he doesn’t use the excuse of not being able to offer contracts because a takeover is going to happen, we’ve had the wool pulled over our eyes every transfer window there’s always an interested party and nothing ever materialises.
  • Really wanted to attend as not heard Gallen speak before and al reports have been good. Afraid England likely to win the day though. Not ideal arrangements tbh 
  • Well, I'm flying down from Scotland for this and I've never done that for an England match - even though I support them. 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• What an idiot.
  • What an idiot.
    Gallen's done a lot for us, he's no idiot 
  • Cant make it tonight now but hope everyone going has a good time and Gallen is good value.
  • Any info?.
  • edited November 2019
  • A very good evening, Steve Gallen is impressive. Will leave it to Pico to fill you in, but issues such as contracts and Driesen came up.

• I decided to watch England instead, not a bad decision.
  • A dreadful decision !