Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Thu 14 Nov CAST AGM & Steve Gallen Q&A***

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    A very good evening, Steve Gallen is impressive. Will leave it to Pico to fill you in, but issues such as contracts and Driesen came up.

What was said about Driesen.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    seth plum said:
    A very good evening, Steve Gallen is impressive. Will leave it to Pico to fill you in, but issues such as contracts and Driesen came up.

Put your write up on here if you can , it’s good to see how you saw/heard things , please 
  • Options
    All well and good but where's the news from the main event?

What happened at the AGM?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Seth (or anyone else willing to discuss)

what did he say about becoming a director? Has his role / remit changed in any way? Has there been a board meeting since his appointment? 

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Any info on the sale of the club? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Spot on about has he vetoed any, would be very interesting. I just wonder what value he adds to many of those we have acquired.  

I mean just as one simple example, Jacko and I think Bowyer both said they knew little of Gallagher until he signed so what is some unconnected computer geek in Belgium going to add to that signing?

Then look at Purrington - Jacko, Bowyer, Marshall and Gallen will all know him from last season.  So 4 football people who watched him every day.  Did some unconnected computer geek in Belgium really have a right of veto?  Beggars belief.

So any guesses on whom he may of veto’d, pure speculation I go for Aribo’s new contract- Bows and Gallen negotiated it; Some computer geek in Belgium cut it in half...

• Options
    Spot on about has he vetoed any, would be very interesting. I just wonder what value he adds to many of those we have acquired.  

I mean just as one simple example, Jacko and I think Bowyer both said they knew little of Gallagher until he signed so what is some unconnected computer geek in Belgium going to add to that signing?

Then look at Purrington - Jacko, Bowyer, Marshall and Gallen will all know him from last season.  So 4 football people who watched him every day.  Did some unconnected computer geek in Belgium really have a right of veto?  Beggars belief.

So any guesses on whom he may of veto’d, pure speculation I go for Aribo’s new contract- Bows and Gallen negotiated it; Some computer geek in Belgium cut it in half...

But then all football managers/DOF probably have to run signings (or at least major ones) past a non football man. Curbs wouldn't be able to sign Super Clive or Deano without Murray approving for example.

Of course normally it's the owner or CEO who has this position rather than a computer geek
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Jeez, I didn't realise that Driesen is still involved, and certainly not to this extent.

We need to ensure that - among other things - the wider fan base knows that this towering absurdity is still part of the show.

Sounds like a great move to get SG along as the guest.
    But do we want to make waves for Gallen? May be he shouldn't have been so open about the Driesen farce.

Steve Gallen was very clear that he doesn't currently see TD's involvement as a problem.
  • Options
    castrust said:
    Curb_It said:
    Jeez, I didn't realise that Driesen is still involved, and certainly not to this extent.

We need to ensure that - among other things - the wider fan base knows that this towering absurdity is still part of the show.

Sounds like a great move to get SG along as the guest.
    But do we want to make waves for Gallen? May be he shouldn't have been so open about the Driesen farce.

Steve Gallen was very clear that he doesn't currently see TD's involvement as a problem.
    To be honest although we all hate Driesen and feel he offers nothing (which is probably quite true), i simply can't imagine him saying no to any of Gallen's suggestions.

Take a signing like Oshilaja, Lockyer or Bonne for example. Would Driesen have even heard of them? Doubtful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What signing or Driesen decision / input do you have an issue with over the last 18 months Prague?
  • Options

But then all football managers/DOF probably have to run signings (or at least major ones) past a non football man. Curbs wouldn't be able to sign Super Clive or Deano without Murray approving for example.

Of course normally it's the owner or CEO who has this position rather than a computer geek
    Exactly, and its perfectly normal for the top person in any business to sign off on any major capital expenditure.

Driesen is not in that role. he is some kind of alternative external duplication of the role of manager/DOF. Worse, he has no direct accountability for his decisions since he reports to RD, and not the club board (which of course doesn't exist). Would RD be allowed by shareholders to have some external maverick getting involved in capital investment decisions in Melexis? Of course not.
  • Options

At the AGM last night Steve Gallen said Duchâtelet owes Lee Bowyer £2m from the sale of Anferne Diksteel. LB expects this sum to be available to him in the transfer window. What are the chances? #rolandout #cafc
    Got a strong feeling that Bowyer will walk when he inevitably see’s none of that money
  • Options
    I wish I had asked if Driesen had had a veto on any specific player.
    My feeling is that Gallen sees Driesen as another factor in a myriad of contacts involved in signing or not signing a player. There are agents, other clubs, parents, scouts, Driesen and so forth to arrange as the ducks in a row.
    I get the feeling that Gallen is very good at this, he knows the psychology, he knows the practicalities, he is persuasive, and he is a very credible and estimable bloke.
    Gallen has a heavy workload, but he is dealing with it well it seems to me, he won me over last night anyway.