Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bunch of Amateurs

Comments

• Yes just seen that thanks. I’ve got some funny clips of Marc. He’s quite a character! 
  • Is it ok to share with a couple of mates who both played and run teams here in Crawley?
    Yes please do! We’re on @bunch_amateurs on Twitter. 
  • @creepyaddick was at Charlwood v Forest Row today. Think they’re a Crawley side. They play at Oakwood near the industrial estate. 
  • Jimmy yo done my side last week. I’m chairman at Westfield. Terrible result for us but missing a few. Believe you interviewed our manager aswell. Got some great stories about getting Hastings to the 3rd round of the Fa cup 
    Oh wow! That’s amazing. Had a good chat with your gaffer. Liked him a lot. He was very honest about the performance and reasons behind it. I’d be interested in chatting to you at the return fixture. 
  • Nug said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I shoot with three Panasonic GH4s and a GH5 plus a load of GoPros and a Mavic 2 Pro drone. Lens wise, I’ve got a bunch of Canon lenses (24-105mm and another similar one) plus a beautiful 50mm Samyang. It’s funny, six months ago this comment would’ve been gibberish to me! 

That’s a lot of gear, must need a bit of help to manage it all. I’m trying to work on my shooting of my sons rugby matches and finding it difficult to find a single lense that works. I’m using a Canon 70d with 50-300mm but thinking an 18-200 might be better. Look forward to seeing more of this project.
    I trained up three or four mates and they help me with the shooting. They don’t know a thing about football but they enjoy having a creative outlet. It just costs me a few beers every week as payment! 

I’ll send you details of a lens I’d recommend. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Nug said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I shoot with three Panasonic GH4s and a GH5 plus a load of GoPros and a Mavic 2 Pro drone. Lens wise, I’ve got a bunch of Canon lenses (24-105mm and another similar one) plus a beautiful 50mm Samyang. It’s funny, six months ago this comment would’ve been gibberish to me! 

That’s a lot of gear, must need a bit of help to manage it all. I’m trying to work on my shooting of my sons rugby matches and finding it difficult to find a single lense that works. I’m using a Canon 70d with 50-300mm but thinking an 18-200 might be better. Look forward to seeing more of this project.
    I trained up three or four mates and they help me with the shooting. They don’t know a thing about football but they enjoy having a creative outlet. It just costs me a few beers every week as payment! 

I’ll send you details of a lens I’d recommend. 
    Sounds great, thanks
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Jimmy yo done my side last week. I’m chairman at Westfield. Terrible result for us but missing a few. Believe you interviewed our manager aswell. Got some great stories about getting Hastings to the 3rd round of the Fa cup 
    Oh wow! That’s amazing. Had a good chat with your gaffer. Liked him a lot. He was very honest about the performance and reasons behind it. I’d be interested in chatting to you at the return fixture. 
    No problem drop me a message on Twitter or on here and we can arrange it no problem. 

Great highlights aswell
  • watched the milldean films for the first time today after stumbling on this  - i was asked to play for them around that time but wouldn't coz of the millwall thing - played with the manager jamie (arsenal) in primary school team and sunday side til 16, and the centre forward lee who got banned, same sunday side and stevie spencer centre half and recognise at least half a dozen others from back then who were never millwall boys - a good watch but looking forward to doing them in a few weeks time - in bowyer we trust - COYR!!!!!!!   
  • We've managed to line up a couple of amazing names for interviews from the Prem (through friends of friends and such) and it got me thinking, Charlton have a few players now who started in non-league. 

Does anyone here have a suggestion for how I could get in touch in order to set up interviews? Taylor, Oztumer and Josh Davison would be amazing to chat to about their experiences. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just send them a tweet
  • .. if that fails, try making contact via their existing clubs.
  • Would it be worth trying to speak with Tracey Leaburn?
  • Tweeting is hit and miss. It’s worked once out of five attempts with this project so far. Contacting Leaburn sounds like a good idea...
  • edited April 2020
    I’m doing some match day rough edits for the team so they have some football to watch each week. So thought I’d share here!

It’s a very low budget Sunderland Til I Die affair - very rough with minimal sound editing and colour balancing, but I hope they can bring some entertainment to somebody out there!

Gameweek 1: 

https://youtu.be/r4JsuF8QtVc

• Really enjoyed it. Still got a great eye for the little details. Look forward to seeing more.
  • Thought that was really good. Great work. 
  • Cheers lads! They (hopefully) get better as the equipment/ experience goes on. Will post the second one tomorrow. 
  • Really good. Absorbing.
    I was rooting for the team in yellow but I have no idea why.
    Enjoyed this a lot.
  • Here is gameweek two, against the team who were, at that point, among the favourites to win the league. 

https://youtu.be/mBLdkGkWGwE

@creepyaddick you might recognise something/ someone here, the ground is in Manor Royal I think. 
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    Really good. Absorbing.
    I was rooting for the team in yellow but I have no idea why.
    Enjoyed this a lot.
    I was fairly laid back about their success at first, but towards the end of this I was as happy about them getting crucial goals as Charlton! 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Here is gameweek two, against the team who were, at that point, among the favourites to win the league. 

https://youtu.be/mBLdkGkWGwE

@creepyaddick you might recognise something/ someone here, the ground is in Manor Royal I think. 
    Ollie needs a left boot, great run awful finish.
  • These are excellent videos 
  • edited April 2020
    JiMMy 85 said:
    @JiMMy 85 Does Sean Lavery play for Charlwood now? He used to play for the Reigate Hornets, a Sunday side. One of our better players - I was the Simon Church of the side he was more Andy Reid :lol:

I know he also played for Southpark and Reigations Saturday sides... I only ask as I am sure I heard he had joined up and was wondering if I'd see him on these videos!

• Yes, Sean joined a few games into the season iirc. He's not at top fitness but when he came in he did really well. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I’m doing some match day rough edits for the team so they have some football to watch each week. So thought I’d share here!

It’s a very low budget Sunderland Til I Die affair - very rough with minimal sound editing and colour balancing, but I hope they can bring some entertainment to somebody out there!

Gameweek 1: 

https://youtu.be/r4JsuF8QtVc

Around 7.40 the keeper was passing comment, I thought it was Dillon Phillips making a guest appearance.
  • edited April 2020
    Here's the fifth week. A bit more of a documentary feel on this one. And @Dazzler21 - this one features Sean a bit! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt2DZ805-3g&feature=youtu.be
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Here's the fifth week. A bit more of a documentary feel on this one. And @Dazzler21 - this one features Sean a bit! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt2DZ805-3g&feature=youtu.be

Really enjoyed that, the 20 mins flew by