Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wifi @ The Valley

I dont think the free fans wifi is available anymore at the ground, but can I ask, does anyone else on O2 have problems logging on, sending messages etc. when theyre at the ground? I sit in the family stand and even though my phone shows 4g, messages never send, I can never access my sports apps etc. to check half time scores.....is it just me or is it anyone else on O2???

Comments

• edited August 2019
    I try to use 4G around Half-Time, come on here and read comments etc.

Most of the time its bloody hopeless, accessing any website that is, not the comments on here
  • Probably because there's a huge surge of people all trying to check their phones in a concentrated area. It's probably not limited to O2 as a network.

Basically, where lots of people gather and lots of data is being uploaded/downloaded, it's always slow - like trying to send a message on New Year's Eve.
  • Too many people trying to get data at the same time from the same spot.

FF should be pushing for the club to reinstate the WiFi at the ground.
  • No. It doesn't work anymore. Cost cutting. They stopped it 2yrs ago. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    No. It doesn't work anymore. Cost cutting. They stopped it 2yrs ago. 
    I think it's more likely the Cojones stopped it as he felt it was being used by fans to organise protests in and around the ground.

Surely it can't cost that much.
  • Means we can't stream music to dance win, lose or draw.
  • I'm on Plusnet (which piggy backs on EE) and generally I have no problem accessing the internet etc from the East Stand
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Probably because there's a huge surge of people all trying to check their phones in a concentrated area. It's probably not limited to O2 as a network.

Basically, where lots of people gather and lots of data is being uploaded/downloaded, it's always slow - like trying to send a message on New Year's Eve.
    is almost certainly the answer
  • I blame the CEO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have had no reception at all with o2 in any of the home games this season.  
  • Same with 3 at the start of half time. Just overloaded. 
  • I'm on O2, and can't use the internet at the ground. Someone I go with is on EE, and he doesn't seem to have the same problem.
  • I have O2 and generally am able to get other match score updates but not always. I know O2 were doing some work at the ground just before the season started as there was a day when there were no parking signs up and the associated notices said that parking was suspended on a certain date for O2 doing some work - this was behind the North Stand.
  • Tether via my phone for my laptop during the game and it always cuts out at half time and if there’s a goal or an injury when everybody gets their phones out. 

Can you please all agree to stagger phone usage going forward? Cheers. 
  • edited August 2019
    Weirdly the network exists at the Valley still, it just can't be authenticated. 

Shame really. Reminds me of this:
    https://youtu.be/h6cIeZmFdPs
  • As for others, I’m with O2 and trying to access t’internet in the west stand is next to useless. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm with Huawei works fine, though they do tell you not to use them at night matches as it'll turn the floodlights off.
  • Pretend its 1996. 
    Have a beer at ht
    Would that be at 2019 price though?
  • braydex said:
    I dont think the free fans wifi is available anymore at the ground, but can I ask, does anyone else on O2 have problems logging on, sending messages etc. when theyre at the ground? I sit in the family stand and even though my phone shows 4g, messages never send, I can never access my sports apps etc. to check half time scores.....is it just me or is it anyone else on O2???
    Yep O2 3G and 4G coverage around the Valley and Charlton station is piss poor.  Calls and txts only for me.  Which is fine cos, y'know, there's a match on, which I'm, like, watching.
  • edited August 2019
    CAFCTrev said:
    Im on o2 and my phone shows a full power 4G signal in the west stand but the internet barely works, not sure why. 
    Ditto ... make that the internet never works
  • My personal phone (o2) never works but I had my work phone with me against forest (ee) and the data worked fine.

My o2 phone can struggle midweek at London Bridge so I think it’s just their network which is pony
  • I’m O2 too (sounds like an Owl) and also unable to get internet inside and outside the ground. Even up in the village it doesn’t want to know and has the audacity to say 4g available. 

O2........get it sorted!
  • If only O2 had a nearby tall structure which they could use to improve local mobile coverage, e.g a large arena...
  • I used to be with 02 and couldn’t connect at ground and ironically at 02 arena either now with sky and still can’t connect at ground