Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wifi @ The Valley

Comments

• Options
    Always has excellent 4G at the Valley with Vodafone. Sadly as of tomorrow I will be joining 3.
  • Options
    thanks for all your comments. clearly O2 have issues at The Valley. It's so irritating not to be able to go onto skysports app, check results, text relatives when we score etc. my contract is up in February and it's enough to make me change provider as the 'free O2 wifi' you automatically get put on at stations, supermarkets etc. never works either. they're literally crap.
  • Options
    I'm with Asda which uses EE and had the same problem at HT
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I'm with Huawei works fine, though they do tell you not to use them at night matches as it'll turn the floodlights off.
    Tell me what game your going to use it at next, I’ll have a bet on “Match abandoned, floodlight failure” 
    A little gag for the over 30s there! ;) 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I’m with o2 and this season it’s literally nothing and it’s a little way down the woolwich road heading towards Greenwich before it returns .

In the past you would be able to dip in and out of coverage reasonably during the match , now it’s nigh on non existent 
  • Options
    Vodafone seems to be ok for coverage 
  • Options
    Yep, same issues with EE.
    As mentioned, at half-time it's probably to do with the volume of people in a concentrated area.
    It's usually fine throughout the game though but obviously we shouldn't be on our phones during play ;)
  • Options
    Glad I don’t get any coverage anymore so I can concentrate on the game a lot more. 
  • Options
    Dear oh dear,here we are watching a football match,why is everyone so obsessed with phone signals.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Dear oh dear,here we are watching a football match,why is everyone so obsessed with phone signals.
    What Football match are you watching before 3pm and @ Half-Time? - thats when the OP said they're checking their phone

Plus if there is a unclear decision given I'll usually check the club twitter account during the game to see if they've posted explaining it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am afraid that I am a bit old fashioned,I have no interest in phones other than for making the odd call or sending the odd text.I look around me on match days,and the amount of people tapping away away amazes me,the same when I go to a music concert,someones paid 100 pound plus for a ticket and spends half the time looking at a phone screen.
  • Options
    Don't worry I have asked O2 to see if they can have a look at the data availability within the ground and its environs. Thought I would speak to my contact who is involved in the sports and connected stadiums team.
  • Options
    I am afraid that I am a bit old fashioned,I have no interest in phones other than for making the odd call or sending the odd text.I look around me on match days,and the amount of people tapping away away amazes me,the same when I go to a music concert,someones paid 100 pound plus for a ticket and spends half the time looking at a phone screen.

Perhaps this thread is not for you...

some people also have money riding on a number of matches or horse racing etc and like to know how the bet is getting on.
  • Options
    It's got so bad that I can't even place a bet any more as I can't get enough signal to even log in.

Bring back free fan wifi
  • Options
    To Solidgone,you are right,its not for me,hope you all get sorted.
  • Options
    To Solidgone,you are right,its not for me,hope you all get sorted.
    Get into the smart phone age. It’s great!😀
  • Options
    To Solidgone,listen mate,I can just about make a phone call,and would not know a smart phone from a thick as shit phone.
  • Options
    As I seem to be the only person who can get any coverage during games, I'll shout out the goal updates, Test match score, rugby, racing from Newmarket etc
  • Options
    Sark99 said:
    Don't worry I have asked O2 to see if they can have a look at the data availability within the ground and its environs. Thought I would speak to my contact who is involved in the sports and connected stadiums team.

The response that I have had back basically says 'no sorry....with the club in management change it’s unlikely any investment will be put into the tech at the club in the immediate term'.  That says it all really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or, people could use a minuscule part of their own data to look up the latest scores...
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Or, people could use a minuscule part of their own data to look up the latest scores...

For me, this is impossible.

I think all those people in such a small place really doesn't do good for data traffic.... I can never seem to access anything on my phone at The Valley.

I'm on EE.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

For me, this is impossible.

I think all those people in such a small place really doesn't do good for data traffic.... I can never seem to access anything on my phone at The Valley.

I'm on EE.

This. Without fail there is a surge every halftime. I have 2 phones on different networks both with 4G and neither of them have been able to load scores or the table without a 10 min delay at halftime.
  • Options
    At the last home match v Derby I could not access any data services or even send sms  on O2. There is a network issue around the stadium area and currently there would appear no sight of a resolution.
  • Options
    Fellow EE member of the afflicted here.
    Usually fine until halftime (check scores every 15-20mins), then nothing will load at all until the 2nd half. 
    Although for some reason it wasn't so bad during the Derby game.
  • Options
    Incidentally, is there wifi in the hospitality areas, as surely that's something that would be expected for box holders or lounge members?
  • Options
    My O2 never works at The Valley 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    My O2 never works at The Valley 
    This and it worked fine last season and previous
  • Options
    Has anyone thought it maybe to do with people streaming the game with their phones they maybe doing something to prevent it happening? Just a thought, I couldn’t get a signal during the the game yet at half time my phone lit up with stacked up messages.