Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019/20 Europa League

Comments

• Oh yeh i had forgotten about the Milan ban. 
  • Big win for Suduva who take a 2-1 lead back to Lithuania vs Maccabi Tel Aviv

comfortable win for Wolves in Armenia 

Rangers 4-2 up away at Midtjylland with 15 minutes to go
  • If a match tonight has gone to extra time, does an away goal scored in extra time, still count double?
  • If a match tonight has gone to extra time, does an away goal scored in extra time, still count double?
    I would presume so...
    I would presume so...
    Shit.
    I would presume so...
    Shit.
    Just had a feeling that Antwerp had scored without even looking
    I would presume so...
    Shit.
    Just had a feeling that Antwerp had scored without even looking
    Literally happened as i was typing the question. Viktoria should have had that wrapped up long before. Hit the post twice and wasted numerous other chances. 

Interesting aside, Antwerp's excellent away following have a notable number of chants which you normally only hear in England. The most bizarre one was  "Shall we sing a song for you" because it was clearly sung in English, and actually Viktoria are the type where the ultras sing pretty much non-stop. Impressive though, a club back on the up after many lean years, even if  they got away with it tonight.
  • edited August 2019
    Royal Antwerp is my home club . But I must admit .. I had to go and change my underwear after last night's  game … Did you get that only about 600 tickets for Antwerp were available ? 2500 fans remained outside in pubs etc … Also ... we're in luck to have an owner who'll make sure we'll get a bit of reinforcement soon .
  • skywalker said:
    Royal Antwerp is my home club . But I must admit .. I had to go and change my underwear after last night's  game … Did you get that only about 600 tickets for Antwerp were available ? 2500 fans remained outside in pubs etc … Also ... we're in luck to have an owner who'll make sure we'll get a bit of reinforcement soon .
    You took 3,000? excellent. Well 600 is all anyone gets, because the stadium only holds 10K and is usually full especially for a big game like this. The only other club I know who pitched up with a big excess like that were Partizan Belgrade, and they were a pain the ass. I'm sure your guys appreciated the quality beer on offer and had a good time. 

Was I right to suggest that they have adopted more English chants than usual? Is there a story to that? Not the Chelsea tie-up I hope.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Antwerp_F.C.
    Founded by English students … Even now, the name of the club is written & pronounced in English, not Dutch .
  • Sponsored links:

• Did you notice the shape of the dug outs in Plzen ? Beer cans :)
  • @skywalker right, some bell was ringing with me that there was some kind of English heritage. 

As for the beer cans, sure, that's why I love Viktoria. It's all about the beer. Gather in the big pubs which are hardwired to the brewery overlooking the stadium. Stroll across to the footie 10 mins before kick off, and then straight back afterwards to continue the serious business. I've enjoyed some really great Euro nights there, usually when Viktoria have won of course, but they always enjoy having away fans from other European countries there. Even the Partizan nutjobs eventually gave up looking for aggro, accepted they'd lost and got stuck into the beer.
  • edited August 2019
    Linfield are beating Qarabag 3-1

Could Linfield be in the group stage of the Europa League, would be fantastic for them
  • Linfield are beating Qarabag 3-1

Could Linfield be in the group stage of the Europa League, would be fantastic for them
    Same its in Northern Ireland

With an away goal for Carrier Bag there is still a chance for them
  • edited August 2019
    Penalty to Carrier Bag in injury time!!

Scored... 2nd away goal means they'd only need to win 1-0 at home!!
  • I think we’d all like to see a group containing Wolfsburg, Wolfsberg and Wolves
    Shame that the Group cant include FC Midtjylland what with their badge thats a Charlton / Wolves mashup
  • I think we’d all like to see a group containing Wolfsburg, Wolfsberg and Wolves
    Remember when Wolfsburg were managed by Wolfgang Wolf? Great times (which incidentally is a phrase that was originally autocorrected to 'breast thinners' somehow).
    Shame that the Group cant include FC Midtjylland what with their badge thats a Charlton / Wolves mashup
    Or Roma. They have a she-wolf on their badge
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
  • edited August 2019
  • Some decent games in there...

Copenhagen v Malmo should be fun.

Lisbon v PSV, Lazio v Celtic, Celtic v Cluj (LOL), Arsenal v Frankfurt, Porto v Rangers, Wolfsburg v Saint-Etienne, Besiktas v Wolves, Man U v Alkmaar...
  • How many of these teams have part-time plumbers playing for them?
  • Wonder who Man Utd will be facing the Sunday after their trip to Astana

Thats going to leave them tired as they're effectively heading to one of the furthest teams in the competition
  • Celtic will struggle, Rennes beat PSG the other week in a cup didn't they? Man U's easy games but a couple of horrible aways

Rangers got a really tough group.

• Celtic will struggle, Rennes beat PSG the other week in a cup didn't they? Man U's easy games but a couple of horrible aways

PSG won the cup game. 
    Rennes beat them in the league
  • Rennes also ran Arsenal very close last year...

And they beat them 1st league game of the season.

Celtic v Cluj is just funny lol

Very tough group for Rangers