Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?

Comments

• The contract has been fed to a fish named Mark. If Bowyer catches said fish , he has agreed to sign it!
    Yeah, but that fish fell through a glass table.

• Not liking what I’m hearing. I think he’ll walk.
  • edited June 2019
    Won’t say who but talks have not provided what Bowyer was looking for. 
  • Won’t say who but talks have not provided what Bowyer was looking for. 
    Well we know that, because he hasn't signed a contract.
    Well we know that, because he hasn't signed a contract.
    No need to be snarky. Not only has he not signed but the talks went nowhere. Satisfied. Over and out.
  • Roland scores another own goal. Good job he “doesn’t do failure”.
  • Let's take a step back for a minute. A contract can be agreed relatively quickly. Not sure that moving in the right direction is as positive as we may think. There would have been a desire to tie things up by Friday and it wasn't. That means the negotiation is not where it needs to be. 

The club must know Bowyer's bottom line by now so there probably doesn't need to be any more face to face discussion. It surely is a question if he is going to be offered it or not! 
  • Sponsored links:

• It depends on what side gave Creepy the ‘moving in the right direction’ stuff. That comes across as very much a political answer for something that isn’t really moving anywhere to me
  • edited June 2019
    Lee Bowyer's contract negotiations since January 2019:

Omnishambles.
  • It depends on what side gave Creepy the ‘moving in the right direction’ stuff. That comes across as very much a political answer for something that isn’t really moving anywhere to me
    he had quotes from LB in the story if i remember right so would think its his side. 
  • adsads
    edited June 2019
    Whilst buying a copy of Razzle the newsagent said it's a done deal, announced in the next 24 hours
  • LB must be keen to stay - despite the fact the idiot RD doesn't rate him he hasn't given up yet.
    Basically what everyone else knows then :)
  • LB must be keen to stay - despite the fact the idiot RD doesn't rate him he hasn't given up yet.
    What makes you say he doesn’t rate him.......of course he does but with The Helmet that has no bearing on his ability to shit on his own doorstep, something he does on a regular basis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just pay for his bikes Roland!
  • edited June 2019
    looks like Bowyer is here though looking at the bonnee pics
  • https://t.co/b1hM4cfWa2

Doesn't sound great to be honest 
  • edited June 2019
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-5050-to-leave-club-as-he-holds-out-for-improved-contract-offer-a4169001.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

But Duchatelet has made him a low offer that would put his salary in line with managers in the bottom half of League One.”
  • But he has just signed a player - that isn't what a manager who is about to leave does. like everything with this club under Roland - it does your head in!
  • edited June 2019
    If its true that Bowyer wants the salary of a top half Championship Manager then part of me questions if he's done enough to deserve that... Yes he did great in League One on a shoe string budget, but he's still only a year into Management (Frank Lampard is the same but he's gone straight from playing) and he's unproven as a Manager at this level

i.e. Its not so much Bowyer himself or Roland but I'd question why he deserves to be on more money than those Managers around him like Neil Harris @ Millwall or Paul Cook @ Wigan (if Lee is being offered more than what they're on)
  • looks like Bowyer is here though looking at the bonnee pics
    Could have been Friday? 
  • 50-50 according to the Standard...
  • If its true that Bowyer wants the salary of a top half Championship Manager then part of me questions if he's done enough to deserve that... Yes he did great in League One on a shoe string budget, but he's still only a year into Management (Frank Lampard is the same but he's gone straight from playing) and he's unproven as a Manager at this level

i.e. Its not so much Bowyer himself or Roland but I'd question why he deserves to be on more money than those Managers around him like Neil Harris @ Millwall or Paul Cook @ Wigan (if Lee is being offered more than what they're on)
    Read it again. RD is offering bottom half of L1.
  • If its true that Bowyer wants the salary of a top half Championship Manager then part of me questions if he's done enough to deserve that... Yes he did great in League One on a shoe string budget, but he's still only a year into Management (Frank Lampard is the same but he's gone straight from playing) and he's unproven as a Manager at this level

Who said he wants the salary of a top half Championship manager ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!