Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UPBEATS DAY - 13th April 2019 - Wrap Up on Pg.6

Comments

• God its cold.

Wearing cotton shorts to stop chafing

But god its f***ing cold
    Once you start walking, you won’t feel the cold.
    Yeah I know, I say the same every year considering this is my 4th year I think, you would think I would have learned that by now haha.

Its the rain forcast between 11 and 1 I dont like haha
  • Early morning picture to put you off your breakfast(no highlights hair not long enough)

• My jacket seems popular with some of the upbeats 😁
  • Good luck all. Bit of a contrast weather wise to last year when it was roasting!  Enjoy. 
  • Well done all of you.
  • Halfway point. All downhill from here :-)
  • Great effort by all of you - very well done.

Some good pictures later, I hope.
  • Hot buffet turns out to be Chilli only, and if you dont eat chilli you are screwed as hotdogs are for kids only
  • Hot buffet turns out to be Chilli only, and if you dont eat chilli you are screwed as hotdogs are for kids only
    Same here, I walked out, gone to the cafe.
  • Sponsored links:

Same here, I walked out, gone to the cafe.
    Veggie chilli  and a seat. All ok for me!
  • In case you have forgotten the guys are playing now!
  • Just donated, so sorry, been a very hectic few weeks. Massive credit to everyone who did the walk today, and everyone who volunteers with the Upbeats. It's one of the many things that makes me so proud to be Charlton. 
  • edited April 2019
    Lovely to meet those I hadn't met before and great to catch up with those that I have  :)
    Apology's to the gent that JJ took a dislike too, he'd been good up until then and was just having a kip and like me he's a grumpy git when he wakes up. Made good time getting home and even had time for a chat with @Badger near Charlton park, now parked up at my desk with several cups of tea and 2 rounds of egg and bacon sandwiches, waiting for the game to start.
  • Thanks to everyone who made the effort today - was the list on page 1 the final tally in the end?
  • Looks like East Kent Addicks were involved considering the lack of photographs of the event.
  • Well done all. The day was a definite Charlton win in all senses.  :)
    Very nice to see and chat to miserableoldgit, biginbrasov, forest hill red, afka, onlyme ( thanks for helping us get that lift- and thanks to the viano guy that reads on here but doesn’t post) TCE ( who I only saw for a moment) killers beard and everyone else who made it a special event by being involved in the organising or just being friendly!
    The thing that never fails to amaze me is how we seem to get better looking every year :):smile:
    Which reminds me, my yearly eye test must be due soon  ;)

• Another great day and loved the off road route. Amazes me how many people take part and I hardly get to speak to anyone! 
  • Brilliant walk, brilliant day, and a great atmosphere.

Glad i made a late  decision to do the walk after all!

• 3blokes said:
    Well done all. The day was a definite Charlton win in all senses.  :)
    Very nice to see and chat to miserableoldgit, biginbrasov, forest hill red, afka, onlyme ( thanks for helping us get that lift- and thanks to the viano guy that reads on here but doesn’t post) TCE ( who I only saw for a moment) killers beard and everyone else who made it a special event by being involved in the organising or just being friendly!
    The thing that never fails to amaze me is how we seem to get better looking every year :):smile:

Was MOG there? Gutted I missed him if so
  • Sponsored links:

• 3blokes said:

Pretty sure he meant Addicktedoldgit. That eye test can't come soon enough.
  • edited April 2019
    3blokes said:

Pretty sure he meant Addicktedoldgit. That eye test can't come soon enough.
    Ha ha I certainly should have gone to Specsavers just like that ref! Yes I meant addicktedoldgit, sorry Mick! You can refer to me as 4cats  ;)
  • A very impressive £6813.24 raised, so well over target. Well done. Yet another reason to feel proud to be a Charlton fan this morning.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charlton-life2

Did anybody post what was achieved last year ? @kimbo asked the question but I can’t see whether there was a response
  • Only £177 to raise to reach £7000, well done all the walkers and their supporters.
  • edited April 2019
    @TCE came looking for you yesterday mate when I got to the ground, but didn't see you. Did you leave as soon as the walk finished? I went into the main car park looking for JJ and Valie and the van, but to no avail, sorry I missed you pal.
  • Solidgone said:
    Only another £999.76 for £8,000 😉
    Roly will be along again soon, or maybe Katrien? :smiley: