Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UPBEATS DAY - 13th April 2019 - Wrap Up on Pg.6

Comments

• Walker list updated, up to nearly 30 from our group now. Anyone’s else tempted to take the plunge today? Go on, you know you want to!

@_nam11 you doing it?
  • https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charlton-life2

Massive thank you as well to those who so generously helped kick off our fundraising yesterday. In particular @shirty5 @red rinding hoodie @AshBurton @Badger @happyvalley
    @foresthillred TL and SC.

All donations big or small are appreciated and make a difference.

we are at £850, can you generous people help us get up to the £1000 mark today and our first player reveal?

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charlton-life2
  • I've signed up.
  • I’m thinking about it .... But I’m a virgin and a little shy about doing it. I think I’ll need a little coaxing 
  • Can't join in this year but have just donated. Good luck to all doing it. Amount raised was over 1k when I just did it so well done all
  • _MrDick said:
    I’m thinking about it .... But I’m a virgin and a little shy about doing it. I think I’ll need a little coaxing 
    You can’t be shy with that username!!!

go on, you’ll love it. Everyone who has done it before are glad they did
  • Sadly, my legs have gone .....

...but have just donated .
  • I’m in again, just deciding if I should bring Magnus my new dog with me.
    YES
  • kimbo said:
    I’m in again, just deciding if I should bring Magnus my new dog with me.
    YES

I'm thinking of bringing JJ along for his debut walk, not sure if London is ready for him if he wakes up with hump! 😉
  • Sadly, my legs have gone .....

...but have just donated .
    Has Roland offered you a new contract yet Johnnie?
  • Sponsored links:

• @LouisMend can’t you persuade @wwaddick to join you? Haven’t seen him for years...
  • Sorry to have to miss the walk this year but donation made from myself and Redman to such a great cause. Good luck to all.
  • I've just found out there are now 8 of my colleagues doing the walk.
    It is a great day and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
    It will also give me the boost to start training for my ride to Amsterdam. (I've not even sat on a bike since last year! )

• AshBurton said:
    @LouisMend can’t you persuade @wwaddick to join you? Haven’t seen him for years...
    Not sure if he will, but he's at Plymouth Saturday if you're going 
  • edited April 2019
    Walker list updated, up to nearly 30 from our group now. Anyone’s else tempted to take the plunge today? Go on, you know you want to!

@_nam11 you doing it?
    Yes mate, all signed up for walk. A great day.

I will not be doing it in jeans and converse this year though, can’t watch another game again with jean chaffing.
  • Me and my two sprogs have signed up already. Just coughed up £150 between us from my credit card and hope to put in a bit more through sponsorship, but all those trips to St Truiden over the past two and a half years have taken their toll on my finances. :/
    Does that include the cost of paint  ;):o
  • I've donated to the cause today and had full intention of coming along to walk with you all this year and bring one of my GSD's (the one who was in Kick Ass 2) unfortunately my heart is not as fit as I was hoping it would be and 9 miles is a stretch too far. I am hoping to come down to the game and meet you all at the end of the walk, minus my dog. 
  • List of walkers updated.

Its #FeelGoodFriday can we tempt another couple of lifers to join our growing ranks today???

• Robert Lee - a cracking guest walker. Bit of a coup methinks.
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charlton-life2

If you are feeling generous on a Friday and would like to help us get to our next milestone and next reveal, it would be much appreciated

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charlton-life2

• Really enjoyed it last year and it was great to meet and walk with @AFKABartram and @DaveMehmet and others. Next Saturday is really tricky for me and I’ve have a few ongoing medical issues but I’m trying to rearrange stuff to let me do it again. I’m 50/50 at the moment. 
  • Nice fella Robert Lee and hates Pardew with a passion !
  • I’m in and I’m trying persuade a couple of mates
  • LouisMend said:
    AshBurton said:
    @LouisMend can’t you persuade @wwaddick to join you? Haven’t seen him for years...
    Not sure if he will, but he's at Plymouth Saturday if you're going 
    Ah, sadly not for this one. 
  • I’m in. Need to get out there with a couple of walks this week as I don’t think going from the sofa to the coffee machine and back a couple of times a day really counts as prep for this. Be good to see some familiar faces  :)

• Signed up, £100 already with a bit more to follow. 
  • @bobmunro is a complete legend!
  • _MrDick said:
    Me and my two sprogs have signed up already. Just coughed up £150 between us from my credit card and hope to put in a bit more through sponsorship, but all those trips to St Truiden over the past two and a half years have taken their toll on my finances. :/
    Does that include the cost of paint  ;):o
    I was protesting, not decorating