Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UPBEATS DAY - 13th April 2019 - Wrap Up on Pg.6

Hi Everyone, 

Its amazingly 11 years now since the Community Trust first launched its pilot of the scheme. They could see the potential and the following year were successful in winning ITV's 'People's Millions' competition that secured the £37,800 funding required to properly launch. Long-term posters will remember that our CL Community played a huge part in securing the phone votes required to win the contest.

Since then, we've been immensely proud that CL and its members have managed to maintain a very close supporting association with the scheme, directly donating an incredible £51,000 in support over the last 10 years.

A reminder that the Upbeats scheme is entirely funded by voluntary donations, which makes our supporters links and contributions to ensuring the scheme continues to not just exist but thrive so special.

Its just 10 DAYS to the annual walk and celebration from the training ground to The Valley. We always have a fantastic turnout of members on the walk and although we are rallying later that normal, we really hope this year will be no different. Anyone who has participated before will tell you it is something they were proud to have signed up for.

So who is going to join us? Its a nine-mile stroll from the Training Ground taking in a new route this year. It's FREE, you get drinks and pastries at the start, hot food at the end, and a t-shirt thrown in as well. You also get to walk & mix with some proper Charlton Legends (and I don't mean @T_C_E and his dogs!) and get cheered on by the Upbeats on route.

To register for the walk please continue through to the link https://cact.org.uk/courses/upbeats-walk/4225

Lastly, whether you are doing the walk or not, if you wish to assist in making a donation, or circulate amongst friends and family for fundraising, our Justgiving page to support is https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charlton-life2

We appreciate there is a lot more fundraising things going on this year with other charities, and its unlikely we'll get anywhere near the £7k we raised last year, but if you could spare anything that would help bump it along it really will be appreciated. 

Thanks everyone, Up the Upbeats!

Thanks again for all your amazing support

Comments

• edited April 2019

So far we have the following joining the walk:

AFKA

Swisdom

3Blokes

Paulie

Kellycafc

Red Riding Hoodie @ Jnr

SE7toSG3 & Jnrs

Suzisausage

Les Says

TCE

Louismend

StubleyAddick

DaveMehmet

Guinness Addick

Kimbo 

Harry amuse

MartinCAFC

Onlyme +8 (ironic!)

Big n Brasov

AshBurton, AshBurton Jnr 

Foresthillred

_nam11

@redarmySE7

_MRDick

@Nutz

Who else can be tempted to join us? Can we double it? Triple it?

• So far we have the following joining the walk:

AFKA

Swisdom

Thai Malaysia

3Blokes

Paulie

Kellycafc

Red Riding Hoodie @ Jnr

SE7toSG3 & Jnr

Suzisausage

Les Says

Who else can be tempted to join us? Can we double it? Triple it?

I'll be there too mate
  • I’m on board 
  • Curb_It said:
    The justgiving link doesnt work, access denied.

thanks, amended

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charlton-life2

• I'm afraid, @AFKABartram, I will be dropping out. My wife is going into hospital for a serious operation a couple of days later so we are taking a weekend away. 
  • I'll be there.
  • I tried to register yesterday and unless I have got this very wrong? The site is asking for minimum £100 in sponsorship, sadly the well has run dry here and with our other obligations I won't be able to make this years walk. 😕
  • LouisMend said:
    I’m on board 

Please don't wear your palace top
    Topless it is then 
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:
    I tried to register yesterday and unless I have got this very wrong? The site is asking for minimum £100 in sponsorship, sadly the well has run dry here and with our other obligations I won't be able to make this years walk. 😕
    I don't suppose I will be hitting that either to be honest - I'll probably donate £50 myself but my company will  do a bit as we have a few people attending.  It's not all about raising money - it's the taking part that's just as important sometimes so don't let it put you off
  • T_C_E said:
    I tried to register yesterday and unless I have got this very wrong? The site is asking for minimum £100 in sponsorship, sadly the well has run dry here and with our other obligations I won't be able to make this years walk. 😕

I don't believe this to be a requirement in any way and I just put n/a in that box. As an aside, the fundraising we do through CL will cover any sponsorship from our participating members.

Obviously, it would be super helpful to help publicise and boost those contributions on the link below :-)

• edited April 2019
    T_C_E said:

I don't believe this to be a requirement in any way and I just put n/a in that box. As an aside, the fundraising we do through CL will cover any sponsorship from our participating members.

Obviously, it would be super helpful to help publicise and boost those contributions on the link below :-)

I'll register again. Thanks

• edited April 2019
    As others have said its not a requirement.

I have been speaking to a very nice lady via email Annabel Upson, she said they say to put £100 as a minimum, but if you dont reach it its not the end of the world, me and Kelly are hoping are page reaches £100 and if it does it will be alot to do with the lifers on here who have donated majority of it so far.
  • I’m sure I signed up the other month, however I’ve not had an email back. 
  • I'm afraid, @AFKABartram, I will be dropping out. My wife is going into hospital for a serious operation a couple of days later so we are taking a weekend away. 

Very best wishes for your wife, and hopes she makes a very quick recovery
  • I’m sure I signed up the other month, however I’ve not had an email back. 
    There was issues with the oneline signup, i emailed as i hadnt heard back and registered that way.

Got an email.this morning to say the online registeration is working again, so maybe try again @guinnessaddick
  • As others have said its not a requirement.

I have been speaking to a very nice lady via email Annabel Upson, she said they say to put £100 as a minimum, but if you dont reach it its not the end of the world, me and Kelly are hoping are page reaches £100 and if it does it will be alot to do with the lifers on here who have donated majority of it so far.
    Yes, as Annabel says, the £100 is a guide, but we wouldn't want anyone to be put off from doing the walk by it. The closer you can get to £100, the better, but clearly we'd much rather you come along and fundraise £50 than don't do the walk at all.

Thanks to all lifers who have signed up so far. Really appreciate the support as ever! Drop us a line on fundraising@cact.org.uk or call 02088502866 if you're having any problems signing up
  • Kimbo and Harryamuse are in. Have donated £30 and posted link on Facebook but will donate more later 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm in.

No way I could raise £100 either which nearly put me off tbh with the form asking how you're going to raise it.
  • All signed up with Georgie and my nephew Wills, we had a great time last year.
    As others have said its not an enforced £100 to register just a donation of your choosing,
    I do have a slight injury concern now though from having to tap back through the DOB years to 1968!

• SE7toSG3 said:
    All signed up with Georgie and my nephew Wills, we had a great time last year.
    As others have said its not an enforced £100 to register just a donation of your choosing,
    I do have a slight injury concern now though from having to tap back through the DOB years to 1968!

1968, who are you trying to kid...?
  • Great stuff guys, let’s keep adding to our numbers
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    All signed up with Georgie and my nephew Wills, we had a great time last year.

Scroll down to 1957 it turns a red colour.  ;)
  • I’ll be there, with 3 others.
  • I’m in again, just deciding if I should bring Magnus my new dog with me.
  • Yep, I'm in
  • I’m in, with my son