Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• Fumbluff said:
    Who is Tarkowski?..
    James Tarkowski; plays for Burnley
  • Henderson not a regular for Pool, and TAA looking a bit shaky recently. Surprised Bissaka not called up for debut. And Ross Barkley? FFS!! Has nobody analysed why Chelsea out of form?
  • Conor Cody should of been in there. He's had a better season than Tarkowski.
    For all their flaws, to have the likes of Keane and Tarkowski in the squad but not Smalling or Phil Jones seems odd, as neither Keane or Tarwowski are exactly ball playing CBs either
  • James Ward-Prowse has been called up to the England Squad

Fabien Delph | John Stones | Ruben Loftus-Cheek have withdrawn through injury

So who starts with Maguire in the heart of Defence... Keane or Tarkowski?

We really need Gomez back for sure!!
    So 3 pull out and replaced by 1, that makes sense
  • James Ward-Prowse has been called up to the England Squad

Fabien Delph | John Stones | Ruben Loftus-Cheek have withdrawn through injury

So who starts with Maguire in the heart of Defence... Keane or Tarkowski?

We really need Gomez back for sure!!
    So 3 pull out and replaced by 1, that makes sense
    Southgate thought James, Ward, and  Prowse were 3 different players.
  • edited March 2019
    Hudson-Odoi has been added to the Senior Squad now

Really not surprised with that move to be honest; although would have preferred Foden over him

Luke Shaw has withdrawn through injury - Not a worry that one as we've got Chilwell and Rose for Left-Back
  • Surprised the palace right back hasnt been called up as Trent AA has been withdrawn
  • edited March 2019
    Yup, Wan-Bissaka
    was surprised when he was left out the initial squad. Trippier has had a poor season, Wan-Bissaka has been excellent 
  • Cheers never remember his name. He will be englands 1st choice in 2yrs i reckon
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers never remember his name. He will be englands 1st choice in 2yrs i reckon
    Walkers getting older, wouldn’t be surprised if Man City move for him in the summer.
  • edited March 2019
    I think man u are in need of rb too. He has looked good when ive seen him 
  • edited March 2019

Really not surprised with that move to be honest; although would have preferred Foden over him

Luke Shaw has withdrawn through injury - Not a worry that one as we've got Chilwell and Rose for Left-Back
    I think Odoi's been getting a lot more minutes than Foden. And he's been starting in European games. 

Foden should be getting more playing time. 
  • Chunes said:

I think Odoi's been getting a lot more minutes than Foden. And he's been starting in European games. 

Ouch!!... to be honest I made my comment without actually looking into it yet shocked at the difference in minutes between the two...

Hudson-Odoi (1,342) | Foden (876)
  • Chunes said:

Ouch!!... to be honest I made my comment without actually looking into it yet shocked at the difference in minutes between the two...

Is 876 right? Sounded like a lot so I had a look and came to 528. Link
  • edited March 2019
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Seems thats not added up the minutes from the FA Cup or League Cup though, nor any mention of the Charity Shield

I always tend to use TransferMarkt for that kind of thing

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/phil-foden/profil/spieler/406635

Biggest frustration with Phil is that he's at the club he's supported since he was even smaller than he is now and at one of the best clubs in the world so because of the former will no doubt be reluctant to move, it could damage his potential though as he's six months older than Hudson-Odoi and only two months younger than Sancho
  • I see! Good to know.

I think that gap is going to increase as the season finishes anyway
  • Chunes said:
    I see! Good to know.

I think that gap is going to increase as the season finishes anyway
    Maybe... Don't think we'll see by much as there is still too much to play for

Hopefully he'll go either to the Nations League Finals in June or the Euro U21 Championships though
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Seems thats not added up the minutes from the FA Cup or League Cup though, nor any mention of the Charity Shield

Biggest frustration with Phil is that he's at the club he's supported since he was even smaller than he is now and at one of the best clubs in the world so because of the former will no doubt be reluctant to move, it could damage his potential though as he's six months older than Hudson-Odoi and only two months younger than Sancho
    It doubtless irk him that CHO has reached the full squad ahead of him - especially considering that Sancho is already in the squad.

I really rate Foden, but it is almost impossible to see how he will get regular games at Man City, they are already talking about a new DM this summer, and that will push him a place further down the pecking order.

A season long loan to a Bournemouth or Southampton would seem to suit all parties, as as great a coach as Pep undoubtedly is, there can't be anything better than regular top class football.
  • I think man u are in need of rb too. He has looked good when ive seen him 
    They only signed Dalot last summer and he only turned 20 this week. Played in every age group Portuguese youth side growing up so i don't think they need a RB for now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Foden should be getting more game time, City only really have Fernandinho and Gundogan as CMs. The problem is he seems better as a slightly more attacking midfielder where they are stacked. I think a loan move to a Leicester or similar would be really good for his development. 
  • Apparently several teams have enquired about a loan Foden for next season but both Pep and Foden himself are happy for him to stay at City next season.
  • Us Hudson-Odoi actually any good, or is it all hot air? Whenever ive seen him (admittedly only a couple of cameos), he looks like a headless chicken!
  • YTS1978 said:
    Us Hudson-Odoi actually any good, or is it all hot air? Whenever ive seen him (admittedly only a couple of cameos), he looks like a headless chicken!
    Don’t know much about him, but he must have something for Bayern Munich to offer 30 odd million for him. 
  • YTS1978 said:
    Us Hudson-Odoi actually any good, or is it all hot air? Whenever ive seen him (admittedly only a couple of cameos), he looks like a headless chicken!
    Don’t know much about him, but he must have something for Bayern Munich to offer 30 odd million for him. 
    I guess he must, but he hasnt even started a league game for them! £30-40m for a bloke who can't even get in the 1st team is madness, but Bayern Munich are obviously no mugs. Read tgat teams are talking about £100m for Sancho today too, this is just madness now!
  • YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    I guess he must, but he hasnt even started a league game for them! £30-40m for a bloke who can't even get in the 1st team is madness, but Bayern Munich are obviously no mugs. Read tgat teams are talking about £100m for Sancho today too, this is just madness now!
    Hopefully somebody will offer £75m for Mark Marshall
  • YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Katie isnt CEO at a Football Club at the moment though
  • YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Hahaha...sounds like a reasonable valuation to me in today's market!
  • YTS1978 said:
    Superb talent.

Named in the team of the tournament at the U17 Euro's 2 years ago, and played every game when we won the U17 World cup.

Let's not forget that for him to even be near the Chelsea first team squad when he only just turned 18 is a pretty good achievement given their record with young players. I do think the senior England call up is a bit too soon though.

• YTS1978 said:
    Superb talent.

Named in the team of the tournament at the U17 Euro's 2 years ago, and played every game when we won the U17 World cup.

Let's not forget that for him to even be near the Chelsea first team squad when he only just turned 18 is a pretty good achievement given their record with young players. I do think the senior England call up is a bit too soon though.

With his impatience for First-Team Football (not a bad thing at times) I wonder if England are trying to ensure he's tied down to play for us and so stop him from going off to represent Ghana as even coming on in the 90th minutes against either Czech Republic or Montenegro will ensure that