Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Well there should be! Shocking that today. We’re going down. 

See you next season, as long as we don’t pass you on the way down. 

Comments

• Mill....who? 

Too busy worrying about our ownership to care, but thanks for the update. 
  • cfgs said:
    Mill....who? 

Too busy worrying about our ownership to care, but thanks for the update. 
    Well your last Millwall relegation thread ended up with about 180 pages I think, so not sure that’s quite true. 
  • If we pass you that just means no cup final for you and no ritual embarassment for us...

• Blame @admin

Thread has been written in but admin sunk it ages ago so no one can see when anything new is posted
  • Unfortunately I think the three below Millwall are down. Add to that Millwall can always pull out a shock win like at Derby a couple of weeks ago. Won’t be comfortable but I think that Millwall will survive.
  • Blame @admin

Thread has been written in but admin sunk it ages ago so no one can see when anything new is posted
    Shame that, was a good thread. All the best Millwall analysis on there b
  • Unfortunately I think the three below Millwall are down. Add to that Millwall can always pull out a shock win like at Derby a couple of weeks ago. Won’t be comfortable but I think that Millwall will survive.
    Have you seen our run of games after today? If we can’t get points at Bolton then where will we get them. Add to that the distraction of the cup and fixture congestion. I think all through April we have two games a week. We’re in trouble big time. 
    Have you seen our run of games after today? If we can’t get points at Bolton then where will we get them. Add to that the distraction of the cup and fixture congestion. I think all through April we have two games a week. We’re in trouble big time. 
    You tend to do better against bigger/better clubs though, like for example winning at Derby. Would not surprise anyone on this forum one bit if you went to Leeds or Sheffield utd and nicked a win. You have some winnable home games too, QPR, Brentford, Stoke.
  • Millwall Online is a good read. I said before that the fans would get on Harris’s back but our tame spanner’s wouldn’t have it. Seems I was right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well there should be! Shocking that today. We’re going down. 

Has the cup run affected your league form ?

• Oh you'll be alright. 

• Well there should be! Shocking that today. We’re going down. 

Has the cup run affected your league form ?

It would seem so
  • Agreed, while I fully expected Millwall to beat Bolton I do also expect Millwall to pick up unexpected points as others have said.

Ipswich and Bolton are Championship in name only so just one place up for grabs. Had Ipswich and Bolton still been making a fight of it then I would have said Millwall would be right in trouble. Think they'll survive but probably on the last day of the season with an unexpected win.
  • I think they'll be ok and stay up by at least 5-6 points, but if not that last game of the season away at Wigan could well decide which one goes down.
  • Changed my mind, Rotherham are bang in trouble.

Their remaining games:

QPR away
    Norwich home
    Derby away
    Forest home
    Villa home
    Stoke away
    Swansea away
    Birmingham home
    West brom away
    Middlesbrough home

And this is a side who've only won twice since November and quite amazingly, are now FORTY THREE championship away games without a win.
  • edited March 2019
    Changed my mind, Rotherham are bang in trouble.

Their remaining games:

QPR away
    Norwich home
    Derby away
    Forest home
    Villa home
    Stoke away
    Swansea away
    Birmingham home
    West brom away
    Middlesbrough home

And this is a side who've only won twice since November and quite amazingly, are now FORTY THREE championship away games without a win.
    That’s an horrific run in for a team already bang in trouble. Hard to see them catching Millwall. Ipswich are already down so unless Bolton go on a wonderful run I think the three relegation places are already secured. Heartbreaking really.

Their remaining games:

QPR away
    Norwich home
    Derby away
    Forest home
    Villa home
    Stoke away
    Swansea away
    Birmingham home
    West brom away
    Middlesbrough home

That’s an horrific run in for a team already bang in trouble. Hard to see them catching Millwall. Ipswich are already down so unless Bolton go on a wonderful run I think the three relegation places are already secured.
    Yeah after yesterday i had high hopes for Millwall going down, but it's pretty difficult to see Rotherham staying up with their current form and that run in.
  • Yeah, the Bolton/Ipswich/Rotherham treble is odds on with the bookies.
    rotherhams run in is horrendous 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bolton’s run in is (on paper) easier than both Rotherham and Millwall.

If they could get a run together it could be interesting 
  • Just checked Millwalls next set of games and they are not that easy. 

Birmingham A
    Leeds A
    West Brom H
    QPR H
    Sheff Utd A 

Can certainly see two home wins there and maybe a point at Birmingham. I think that would be a reasonable and acceptable return. They won’t go down.
  • That looks pretty tough to me. QPR at home the most likely 3 points.
  • They’ll beat QPR and West Brom who blow hot and cold. 

Their remaining games:

QPR away
    Norwich home
    Derby away
    Forest home
    Villa home
    Stoke away
    Swansea away
    Birmingham home
    West brom away
    Middlesbrough home

Clutching at straws but we have to hope WBA and Boro have already secured a play off place and are resting players when they play Rotherham. 

Their remaining games:

QPR away
    Norwich home
    Derby away
    Forest home
    Villa home
    Stoke away
    Swansea away
    Birmingham home
    West brom away
    Middlesbrough home

Clutching at straws but we have to hope WBA and Boro have already secured a play off place and are resting players when they play Rotherham. 
    With that run in I think we can forget Rotherham. We need Bolton to get jiggy and show some form. 
  • Millwall are safe.

In an attempt to curse them I am going to try and bet on them not being relegated.
  • Right, on lunch last week I was bored and worked out A. If we could go up automatically - no, quite frankly. B. If they could go down.  Before this weekend I had them staying up by four points, but that was a win yesterday.  So IMO they’ve got a big chance of going.
  • Right, on lunch last week I was bored and worked out A. If we could go up automatically - no, quite frankly. B. If they could go down.  Before this weekend I had them staying up by four points, but that was a win yesterday.  So IMO they’ve got a big chance of going.
    This time last week you were saying we had the best away support in the land
  • edited March 2019
    They’ll beat QPR and West Brom who blow hot and cold. 
    Not if they are blowing hot that day!

What can happen, and we see it a lot, is a team struggling at the bottom start to pick up some decent results. Looking at teh fixtures don't always tell you too much.