Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Options
    Much will now depend on how the players react to that defeat. Obviously it can go two ways. They played pretty well so that could galvanise their belief into a few good results or hopefully it will crush all the hope and joy out of them and they crash and burn. 
    also, would they rather get straight to it this week or will the international break help?

Archer pulled out of the Scotland squad but could be fit for their next league match, how will it effect Martin to be dropped after that match.

(Amos must be glad he joined Millwall)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    leeds a 
    wba h
    qpr h 
    sheff utd a 

on paper 3 points maybe

That's if they're lucky!

Yesterday's events will knock their confidence as well so probably the sternest test yet for Harris.  

Yeah but we'll get the standard Harris tripe, "we're all in this together, we're gonna make the den a very intimidating place, everyone's got a bigger budget than us, we've over achieved, the onus will be on Leeds, they'll be nervous, our fans aren't racist its society's fault"

Be great to see them go down, but I think they will be okay.  they can beat WBA and QPR imo out of those 4.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I can certainly see them beating QPR and at least not losing v WBA. The two Yorkshire away games look tough. 
  • Options
    Reading look to have the toughest run in. Don’t think the Spanners will be involved. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Richard J said:
    A Millwall fan of my acquitance moans constantly about Referees being biased against them and reels off the usual we are victims crap. 

He used to moan about the 4-4 draw and the two penalties we got for years. Surprisingly he was silent about Archer dropping the ball to Bauer in our last meeting.

Yesterday he was strangely quiet when three yes three major match changing decisions went in their favour.

Still justice was done in the end. 
    I've never known a team get as lucky as them when it comes to referee decisions. Always get the rub of the green, against us with Solly's red card and Bauer's disallowed goal and whenever I watch them on TV. Was invited to QPR v Millwall earlier this season and the ref was relatively fair, gave a couple of soft decisions to QPR, but made no match changing decisions. QPR won and saw a lot of comments from Millwall fans saying how it was one of the worst sets of officials they've ever had. Just showed to me how they've been absolutely spoilt by refs for a long time. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47667742

Birmingham set for a 9 point deduction for profitability breaches. This would leave them 4 points ahead of Millwall, having played a game more
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47667742

Birmingham set for a 9 point deduction for profitability breaches. This would leave them 4 points ahead of Millwall, having played a game more
    It was West Ham!!

Sorry it's a natural tick, when the M word is mentioned...
  • Options
    Any ache in the gonad area for them is most welcome.
  • Options
    Don't get too excited - Rotherham will almost certainly keep them up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    At this point of the season a win is massive. If they lose or draw the game in hand they have they are really in it! Mind you, they are not in a comfortable position now!
  • Options
    Still a very good chance we’ll have a SE London Derby next season. The only genuine SE London Derby. 
    Still a very good chance we will wave to you as we pass you 
  • Options
    Shocking result for them today really, that can't have helped their confidence
  • Options
    2 goals against Brighton. Same against Leeds. Think they’l Be fine
  • Options
    Still a very good chance we’ll have a SE London Derby next season. The only genuine SE London Derby. 
    Still a much better chance that they will be in a league above us again .
    shameful times 
  • Options
    There’s a very good chance you’ll go up or we go down. The chances of them both happening? So so
  • Options
    Exactly this. Rotherham's run in is dreadful, so i'd be amazed if they stay up
  • Options
    I doubt Rotherham's confidence will have had much good done to it after that 6-1 trousering they just copped from Derby.

Millwall will be safe this season but you can see their time at that level is going to be limited unless they put some serious investment into the squad and that looks unlikely.

The old warhorse Morison has been great for them but is nearly 36 and needs replacing - how many Championship sides have a bloke that age playing every week?

They are pretty lucky to have basket-cases like Ipswich and Bolton under them.
  • Options
    rotherham have the following - league pos in brackets 

forest h (9th)
    villa h (5th )
    stoke a (14th)
    swansea a (15th)
    brum h (18th) 
    wba a (4th)
    boro a (8th)

cannot see many points there

bolton also seem too far adrift. 

millwall have a game in hand a +10 gd to them, they aren't going down but they will sack harris sooner or later and then plummet. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is true that it is hard to make a case for Rotherham given that run in. Sometimes a desperate team pulls off a few shocks though. let's hope so.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Stoke, Swansea & maybe Brum (safe by then) & WBA (in play offs by then)  may have nothing to play for. 
  • Options
    millwalls remaning games;

west brom h 
    qpr h
    sheff utd a
    brentford h
    villa a
    stoke h 
    bristol city h 
    wigan a 

• Options

west brom h 
    qpr h
    sheff utd a
    brentford h
    villa a
    stoke h 
    bristol city h 
    wigan a 

Think there's at least 3 wins in there, which would more-or-less see them safe.
  • Options

west brom h 
    qpr h
    sheff utd a
    brentford h
    villa a
    stoke h 
    bristol city h 
    wigan a 

Stoke only ever draw 0-0. QPR - who knows now they've sacked McLaren. Bear in mind the Spanners do better against better sides and struggle against poor ones. I could see them getting something from WBA and Villa and maybe Sheff United as well if they continue to lose winnable games. Could be interesting if ti comes down to the last game as Wigan are in there as well. 
  • Options
    Palace on the other hand.
    But those cockwomble virgins are safe for another season unfortunately 
  • Options
    It's almost been forgotten how bad Ipswich have been. 3 wins and 21 defeats this season are shocking numbers for what most people would consider an established Championship with aspirations of promotion

A basket case Ipswich, and a Bolton fighting for financial survival and with the players on strike are making it very easy for like of Millwall, Reading and QPR to stay up
  • Options
    It's almost been forgotten how bad Ipswich have been. 3 wins and 21 defeats this season are shocking numbers for what most people would consider an established Championship with aspirations of promotion

A basket case Ipswich, and a Bolton fighting for financial survival and with the players on strike are making it very easy for like of Millwall, Reading and QPR to stay up
    think they did not appreciate what a good job mm was doing for them. still made me chuckle last season when he told a report my initials are mm which stand for mick mcarthy not merlin the magician. 
  • Options
    Going down as it stands..