Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

1149150151152153155»

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:
    This would suggest to me the deal is very close now ...and it won't make a difference to him because the deal is already done
    More likely a deal is no where in sight and RD is trying to manage his cost base unfortunately
  • First time Bowyer has really come out with a comment, that states he is getting really pee'd off.Can't see him staying longer than the end of the season.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    This would suggest to me the deal is very close now ...and it won't make a difference to him because the deal is already done
    I'm not so sure. You'd think they'd be an agreement not to screw up the squad before the sale.
  • Redhenry said:
    Duchatalet is lowering the budget each season, what standard of player will we have next season? Especially if we don't achieve promotion.

It will be mainly up to the under 23s a few free journeymen and 5 loans. 
  • Bow needs to get on the phone to Roland and explain the difference in saleability between a League one club and a Championship one.
  • Lose Taylor for more than another game or two and we could easily see our season over.
  • Bowyer and/or Jacko will not struggle for work. Wouldn't blame them if they both walked. 
  • Bowyer and/or Jacko will not struggle for work. Wouldn't blame them if they both walked. 
    Too much integrity to walk, and too close with the playing squad.

I'd be very, very surprised if they're both still here if we don't get promoted. Who's even left to offer them new contracts? The club is an absolute circus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Bowyer and/or Jacko will not struggle for work. Wouldn't blame them if they both walked. 
    Too much integrity to walk, and too close with the playing squad.

I'd be very, very surprised if they're both still here if we don't get promoted. Who's even left to offer them new contracts? The club is an absolute circus.
    I meant more the summer really - both out of contract. 
  • Bow needs to get on the phone to Roland and explain the difference in saleability between a League one club and a Championship one.

Exactly. He can't sell as it is. The longer we're in League One the harder it will be to sell. Unless he lowers his asking price of course, which we know won't happen....
  • edited February 2019
    my contact has confirmed he won't sanction anything. the wrinkly old ball bag really has no idea. I can't wait to hear the words "He's died" or "he's sold". That may sound harsh but it really is the honest truth.
  • He’s
    corrected for you SHG ;) lol
  • Maybe it's time for another protest specifically in respect of RD's failure to allow the Grant money to be reinvested in the squad given our promising league position.