Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Looking at that list I think it’s Mason or Erwin we are interested in.
  • Options
    Really can't see us going in for Ranger. I can only see the player mentioned being Mason, as it fits with what Bowyer said. We should be a more attractive proposition then Plymouth but I guess it's his home town club which could dash our hopes. 

I am not sure he is the answer but he is a decent player on his day and we need a striker so worth a shot IMO. 

Regarding Lee Erwin, I don't believe he is out of contract, playing in Iran so unless contract finished in Jan we wouldn't be able to sign him?
  • Options
    Got to be mason but when you look at his career he’s bounced all over the place after showing real promise early on.
    A move back home to Plymouth is probably what he needs at 27. 
  • Options
    LB on free agents: "There are none out there. Maybe [the one out there might go somewhere else]. There are others who are talking to him. I don't even know if the owner will allow it anyway. It's something I'd like to do." #cafc
  • Options
    Joe Mason was in the stand today. Source on Facebook. 
  • Options
    Probably end up with James Mason !
  • Options
    Where's the post can't see it 
  • Options
    Se7 valiants 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More likely to end up with Joe(y) Deacon
  • Options
    I don't understand the comment by bowyer that he is not sure whether the owner would sanction the signing of a free agent when he was supposedly going to sanction the signing of a player on loan on deadline day?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I don't understand the comment by bowyer that he is not sure whether the owner would sanction the signing of a free agent when he was supposedly going to sanction the signing of a player on loan on deadline day?
    Could be a wage thing.

A loan we may only have been paying a small percentage.

A free agent we are paying all of their wages obviously
  • Options
    Surely we can compete with Plymouth on wages. Especially after having moved on Ajose, Clarke & Grant.
  • Options
    Really can't see us going in for Ranger. I can only see the player mentioned being Mason, as it fits with what Bowyer said. We should be a more attractive proposition then Plymouth but I guess it's his home town club which could dash our hopes. 

I am not sure he is the answer but he is a decent player on his day and we need a striker so worth a shot IMO. 

Regarding Lee Erwin, I don't believe he is out of contract, playing in Iran so unless contract finished in Jan we wouldn't be able to sign him?

Erwins contract was mutually terminated due to homesickness
  • Options
    Surely we can compete with Plymouth on wages. Especially after having moved on Ajose, Clarke & Grant.
    It’s not about wages. He’s a Plymouth fan, born and bred. And they’ve offered him security with an 18mth deal
  • Options
    Why was he at the Valley today then if he is 100% set on Plymouth?...or was the supposed sighting of him at today's game wide of the mark?
  • Options
    Why was he at the Valley today then if he is 100% set on Plymouth?...or was the supposed sighting of him at today's game wide of the mark?
    If it's from se7 Valiants then it's 100% bull
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Someone at Plymouth said he was there as well.

Unless there is a picture its bollocks
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Someone at Plymouth said he was there as well.

Unless there is a picture its bollocks

Recs they saw someone wearing a red & white scarfy & put 2 n 2 together...not like it's happened before...oh hang on...☹️

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is that the same source that said Grant didn't travel to Peterborough ?
  • Options
    So according to that we had 2 lined but the old fart thinks we have enough now 
  • Options
    Just when you think RD couldn't be more of a prick
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Exclusive: Charlton Athletic owner Roland Duchatelet blocks plans for striker signing

BY RICHARD CAWLEY

Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet has refused to sanction a move for out-of-contract striker Joe Mason.
    Addicks boss Lee Bowyer was looking to bring in the former Wolves and Cardiff City frontman, who became a free agent at the end of last month.
    The Charlton chief was also considering ex-West Brom and Stoke City attacker Peter Odemwingie as a potential incoming deal, but Mason was top of their wishlist.
    But Duchatelet is not prepared to sanction the deal, despite banking at least £1.5million from the sale of Karlan Grant to Huddersfield.
    Bowyer told the South London Press: “He [Mason] is the one that we were looking to bring in.
    “But I got a phonecall from Steve Gallen [head of recruitment] literally 10 minutes ago saying the owner said no, we can’t bring in another striker because we’ve got Lyle [Taylor], Josh [Parker] and Igor [Vetokele].”

We know Duchatelet is an arsehole. But why doesn't Bowyer get on the phone himself and argue his case, rather than meekly accepting it? He likes to say "it is what it is" but sometimes you need to say "this isn't good enough, get behind me". 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    The way that Bowyer has come out and said that Duchatelet won't sanction another striker iimplies that he too is getting very pissed off with our our owner!

(am I allowed to say pissed off)
  • Options
    Bowyer knows it's b.s. we've lost Billy, Nicky and karlan and been allowed to bring in only one replacement for all 3
  • Options
    This would suggest to me the deal is very close now ...and it won't make a difference to him because the deal is already done