Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• @Cafc43v3r , @harveys_gardener

Just catching up here. re AFCW, you have both forgotten one thing. They are on course to move into their new stadium next year. They (the fans) have financed that stadium themselves. They will have a 10k capacity, probably filling it regardless of whether they are relegated, due to the pride factor, as we had when we returned to The Valley. They will have corporate hospitality revenue, perhaps a naming rights sponsor. I reckon that should see a 150% increase in revenue.

All the work of their own fans.
  • Apeeciate your hindsight honesty @Doucher.

Still struggling a bit though with idea that we turned down £2M for Grant then sold him for a reported £1.5M?

Also that remark about daSilva. Where did that come from? Admittedly I may have missed it on here, as @Covered End likes to point out.

I also only found out this morning from my erstwhile host that Sunderland paid £4m for Grigg. He wonders if that is a sensible price, and I agree, but it shows both that they have some money and are prepared to use it to get up this season.
    It’s extremely sensible if they get promoted.
    Bit of pressure if he doesn’t hit the ground running though.
  • JamesSeed said:

Apeeciate your hindsight honesty @Doucher.

Still struggling a bit though with idea that we turned down £2M for Grant then sold him for a reported £1.5M?

Also that remark about daSilva. Where did that come from? Admittedly I may have missed it on here, as @Covered End likes to point out.

I also only found out this morning from my erstwhile host that Sunderland paid £4m for Grigg. He wonders if that is a sensible price, and I agree, but it shows both that they have some money and are prepared to use it to get up this season.
    I dunno. £4m. and then his wages. I think that is more than the pathetic TV money you get in Div 2. Deffo right about the pressure, too.
  • JamesSeed said:

I dunno. £4m. and then his wages. I think that is more than the pathetic TV money you get in Div 2. Deffo right about the pressure, too.
    Where has £4 million come from, sky were reporting £1.5. He has never done it in the championship has he?
  • @Cafc43v3r , @harveys_gardener

Just catching up here. re AFCW, you have both forgotten one thing. They are on course to move into their new stadium next year. They (the fans) have financed that stadium themselves. They will have a 10k capacity, probably filling it regardless of whether they are relegated, due to the pride factor, as we had when we returned to The Valley. They will have corporate hospitality revenue, perhaps a naming rights sponsor. I reckon that should see a 150% increase in revenue.

All the work of their own fans.

Good timing @PragueAddick was just about to link you into this http://priceoffootball.com/accrington-stanley-the-milkman-of-human-kindness/ maybe we should start a new thread though?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

JamesSeed said:

Where has £4 million come from, sky were reporting £1.5. He has never done it in the championship has he?
    Think the deal is 3m then another 1m if they get promoted.
  • May have missed it on here but Gallen is apparently speaking to Bowyer on Monday about some out of contract / free agents / players where clubs will pay to terminate a players contract and there for available to clubs outside the window.
    Perhaps there’s some interesting options there?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

JamesSeed said:

Only a text from my Sunderland supporting host in Eltham, don't take it as authoritative. Think any fee above £1m assuming a long contract is risky for a club in their position. Would of course have been happy if we had spent even £1.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

JamesSeed said:

Think the deal is 3m then another 1m if they get promoted.
    Just had a quick Google, "deal worth up to 4 million" god knows what that actually means.
  • CafcSCP said:

May have missed it on here but Gallen is apparently speaking to Bowyer on Monday about some out of contract / free agents / players where clubs will pay to terminate a players contract and there for available to clubs outside the window.
    Perhaps there’s some interesting options there?

They will have to been free agents before the window shut to play this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Darren Bent, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Giles Barnes, Jay Simpson or Lee Irwin seem the only candidates that are free agents and might be able to do a job, all pretty unlikely though
  • That is bonkers!
  • Sunderland sold over £22m of players since last summer,so why is £4m a lot for them on someone that could take them up with goals.Also they get over 30,000 gates some matches over 40,000.
  • His record at this level is hot yet in the Championship he is poor, for £4 million he should be able to compete at the top of that league.
  • Guarantees goals in this league and after 98 they’re the one team I’d rather avoid in the play-offs. Overpriced for someone that’s not done it at Championship level.
  • edited February 2019

I doubt if the average Football League player's career with a good wage lasts much more than eight years.

By coincidence, I read this on today's Guardian online:
    The average career of a professional footballer lasts just eight years, according to the PFA.

Good guess on my part.
  • Sponsored links:

• my conversation with someone very much in the know has said bents a no, not wages more age and the "powers from above". Lee Erwin is a potential, he said 2 or 3 others also will be discussed, people that have been paid up to release.
  • Massively overpriced as Wigan knew Sunderland were desperate

true but when u have an owner who attends games, gets the emotion and wants to enjoy his ownership of the club, if it sees them promoted, it will be money well spent - the complete opposite of the bloke who owns us
  • Bowyer saying if Ched Evans had gone to Bolton on deadline day we would have got a player from Bolton - more likely Oztumer.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

my conversation with someone very much in the know has said bents a no, not wages more age and the "powers from above". Lee Erwin is a potential, he said 2 or 3 others also will be discussed, people that have been paid up to release.

Age shouldn't matter to an owner that won't even get promising young players on contracts past this season. Not sure Erwin is the answer, more of a target man and hasn't scored many.
  • Franck Ohandza is a free agent. Scores quite a few.
  • This recommending by scouting on the net is a doddle. Where do I pick up my fee?
  • Isn't Usain Bolt a free agent? I mean Grant's main attribute was pace.
  • I would be going for lee erwin if I was bowyer still young aswell
  • It will be announced
    CAFCDAZ said:

my conversation with someone very much in the know has said bents a no, not wages more age and the "powers from above". Lee Erwin is a potential, he said 2 or 3 others also will be discussed, people that have been paid up to release.

Bents about four stone overweight