Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Red Dead Redemption II

The best game I have ever played. A lot of detail involved. The graphics are fantastic.

I am currently on chapter 6. Just started it.

I believe we should make this a no spoilers thread via the storyline. Just in case. It is rather gripping.

Does anyone play it online?

How does it work?

Possibility of forming a team?

I am rather skilled at shooting people in the head!

I do not want to give anything away to anyone that is thinking of getting it.

All I will say is ...if you like games and you enjoyed RDR1.

Then this game is certainly worth the money.

Comments

• Do you recommend playing it if I have never played RDR 1
  • Do you recommend playing it if I have never played RDR 1

Yes.

RDR2 is actually a prequel.

If anything, it will be better to play the 2nd one 1st.
  • Getting it off my mate on Sunday, has 2 discs for install - I'm basically going to have to get rid of all my games to be able to play it, sounds absolutely massive but an absolute masterpiece, can't wait to play it.
  • Prefer Blue Alive Damnation 2 to be honest
  • Getting it off my mate on Sunday, has 2 discs for install - I'm basically going to have to get rid of all my games to be able to play it, sounds absolutely massive but an absolute masterpiece, can't wait to play it.

It's worth it. I can't remember how many GBs it took up. Don't think it was as much as what it sounds.

It's worth it though. The game is so detailed and has so much depth.....you will only need this one.
  • Took a little while to get into, but it's a fantastic game now. So much detail, really good storyline, and the graphics in 4k are amazing.

I hope they take a lot of this over to the next GTA game.
  • Ross said:

Took a little while to get into, but it's a fantastic game now. So much detail, really good storyline, and the graphics in 4k are amazing.

I hope they take a lot of this over to the next GTA game.

Dunno if they are still doing it but I remember last year I think it was rockstar mentioned the next GTA was gonna take place over a number of countries I think American-England-France and I think it was Brazil but could be wrong
  • Personally, I prefer the style of Red Dead in comparison with GTA.

It's nicer and more relevant.

It is kind of more "got to do what you've got to do"

You get a nice scenery too. The map is huge.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the next GTA will be great and it sounds exciting.
  • edited February 2019

First disc is the download disc. Disc 2 is the playable game. Download size 90 GB. Not had a chance to play it properly yet, as with all the games I buy.

• The single player story is a masterpiece, the depth & detail is incredible. I played a bit of the online beta but it really isn't for me - I play Red Dead & GTA for the story and that just isn't there in the online modes, not to mention the ludircous time spent grinding for even the most basic of items if you don't want to spend your own cash.

• Sponsored links:

• Completed it mate.

Not joking either. Is very good. Currently playing through the original again.

Rumours are that they are working on a second version of the Undead Nightmare offshoot.
  • Took a little while to get into, but it's a fantastic game now. So much detail, really good storyline, and the graphics in 4k are amazing. I hope they take a lot of this over to the next GTA game.
    Dunno if they are still doing it but I remember last year I think it was rockstar mentioned the next GTA was gonna take place over a number of countries I think American-England-France and I think it was Brazil but could be wrong

I'd like to see one of 2 options:

1) a mini America with Liberty City, Vice City, San Fierro, Las Venturas and Los Santos (and maybe another one for say Chicago (Carcer City?), then smaller towns throughout. Massive swathes of countryside between everything etc.

2) Liberty City again but done completely to scale with the level of detail that is in RDR2 in terms of interaction with people, property, items/cupboards etc inside properties

• Finished it before Christmas, outstanding gaming experience.

I've actually dipped back into GTAV now as it'd been so long since I'd played it. I'm enjoying it again.

I don't think RDR2 beats The Witcher 3 which I think is probably the greatest game of all time, but it's certainly up there.

Don't rush it, would be my advice. 

Played 2/3 times Online but it wasn't really for me so can't comment on that.

Tyrannicon's YouTube channel is worth a watch if you like funny RDR2 videos.
  • Ross said:
    Took a little while to get into, but it's a fantastic game now. So much detail, really good storyline, and the graphics in 4k are amazing. I hope they take a lot of this over to the next GTA game.

1) a mini America with Liberty City, Vice City, San Fierro, Las Venturas and Los Santos (and maybe another one for say Chicago (Carcer City?), then smaller towns throughout. Massive swathes of countryside between everything etc.

2) Liberty City again but done completely to scale with the level of detail that is in RDR2 in terms of interaction with people, property, items/cupboards etc inside properties

I read somewhere the original idea would have been Liberty City but including travel to South America, which would make a drug running storyline most likely.

Although the plans could have changed 10 times since then.

Also sure I'd heard that a sequel to Bully would be released before GTA6

I've actually dipped back into GTAV now as it'd been so long since I'd played it. I'm enjoying it again.

I don't think RDR2 beats The Witcher 3 which I think is probably the greatest game of all time, but it's certainly up there.

I am really enjoying RDR2 but agree that The Witcher 3 is just that much better a game. I struggle to get invested in the story in RDR2 (as I did the GTA games) whereas the Witcher's story had me completely hooked (I suppose it helps they are based on books so have fully fleshed out characters).

Haven't tried online yet. Barely had any time to enjoy the single player so far.
  • No spoilers please....as I'm on chapter 6. I have heard a few things though....which might explain my "fear".

I just hope that even when the story is compete. I can carry on the b sides. All the extras. Just ride away, cause chaos. Stop caring about honour points 🙂

Discover stuff and become a f*cking good fisher!

• I am terrible at crafting items for the camp. I still don't get it.

All the animals I hunt...I believe I have hunted with perfection, but it still doesn't quite work...

(Talking about the camps butcher stuff)
  • Ross said:
    Took a little while to get into, but it's a fantastic game now. So much detail, really good storyline, and the graphics in 4k are amazing. I hope they take a lot of this over to the next GTA game.

I read somewhere the original idea would have been Liberty City but including travel to South America, which would make a drug running storyline most likely.

Although the plans could have changed 10 times since then.

Also sure I'd heard that a sequel to Bully would be released before GTA6

Oh definitely. We won’t see GTA 6 till at least 2022 I reckon.
  • Dave2l said:
    I am terrible at crafting items for the camp. I still don't get it.

All the animals I hunt...I believe I have hunted with perfection, but it still doesn't quite work...

One of the legendary hunts provides a talisman that improves the drop rates of perfect pelts/carcasses. Well worth getting before you start the hunting quests.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:
    I am terrible at crafting items for the camp. I still don't get it.

One of the legendary hunts provides a talisman that improves the drop rates of perfect pelts/carcasses. Well worth getting before you start the hunting quests.
    👍

I enjoyed The Witcher 3 a lot. The storytelling was top notch - the abortion quest in particular was bizarre and amazing. And I really got into Gent. I did find the combat a bit easy and unchallenging. And the fact that there is so much equipment in the game but 99.999% of it is useless annoyed me.

For me it's a great game but very flawed.

I've finished RDR2's main story and it was a hell of a journey.

The whole game, the way the stats are controlled through cores, the hard work you have to put into hunting to upgrade your equipment, the endless random encounters and the brilliant moody music-driven cutscenes all added up to a game that was the highest standard across all quadrants that I've played yet.
  • Due to the fact that the map is enormous. I'm sure Rockstar will not quite be done this.

I fully expect more different chatacters/different story/mission main game downloadable content.

£20-£40 maybe
  • Ross said:
    That goes for me too. I'm on chapter 6 and I'm a bit worried about Arthur. Overall, a sensational game. The scale is incredible. 
  • Best story mode I’ve ever played. Online is still only a beta and glitchy as fuck, got a lot to work on but still have a laugh with a few of my pals. Any idea when they’re ironing all the glitches out? 
  • Uboat said:
    Ross said:
    That goes for me too. I'm on chapter 6 and I'm a bit worried about Arthur. Overall, a sensational game. The scale is incredible. 
    Snap.

Went to the doctor's. Just a mission or 2 after seeing that fella.
  • I find the action sequences incredibly easy. I am a COD veteran Bod...so maybe time kind of slows down for me a bit.

It is actually more challenging to craft...find and USE treasure maps, hunt certain things to perfection, so they are of more value....then killing enemies.

I went to the north west and got confronted by a black bear. 
    Only just survived that.

Skinned it...then lost it. My butcher ran off!

Mountain Lions are tough!

Don't go looking for those. I have found a rare white one in a cave though. That went well.
  • edited February 2019
    What's the trick to perfect pelts?

Once live completed it I'll go online x
    - Take your time.
    - Look at every animal through your binoculars and study it.
    - This will tell you what weapon to use in the animal quality pop up screen.
    - Only go for pristine animals
    - All rifles and repeaters can be upgraded with a scope
    - sneak up on the animal until you are in calling distance, aim just above its head and then call it.
    - shoot it in the head. 

Use scent cover and bait as much as you can., it is worth targeting the animals needed for the pouch upgrades found at the camp. Not only do they look cool but are really, really useful.

I should add for small birds you just have to go to the right area and hope because they are impossible to see. For legendary it doesn't matter what you use, so a shot gun with slugs is very satisfying.
  • Lmao! It's been out almost as long as Alan Carr!

You won't avoid all the spoilers.

Arthur like John is one of the most developed characters in a videogame that I've ever been introduced to and I love them both. 

He's the best, most loved lead I have ever experienced.