Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Red Dead Redemption II

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:
    I've been playing for months and am at 62% of story. Does that mean I'm 62% of literally everything there is to do, or 62% of the way through the narrative. In other words, will I finish at 100% or could the game suddenly end when I'm on 72% because I've completed the story?

Edit. Either way, I will need counselling when it's over. 

62% of the actual story I believe. The other quests/stranger missions, collectibles, animals etc. are added on top of this.
  • Options
    You have a Completion % and a Story Completed % 

Hope that helps
  • Options
    most games like this the story counts towards a certain percentage, then when the story is over you are free to roam and complete the remainder of the side missions etc to get to 100%
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Just started, got out of the snow and to the first camp - been pottering about but not done much. Any tips that you wish you knew when you started the game?
    I recommend immediately going north west into the snow area and grabbing yourself the legendary white horse (it’s milling about by a lake) as soon as you can. It’s super fast and saves a lot of time. 

If you’re going for 100% then also do the challenges as early as possible. They improve your stamina / dead eye and so on which makes you stronger in the missions. 
    I couldn't find it when i looked for it
    She's worth finding, just hang around the lake and you should find her roaming around. Makes the game so much easier when moving from place to place. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Just started, got out of the snow and to the first camp - been pottering about but not done much. Any tips that you wish you knew when you started the game?
    I recommend immediately going north west into the snow area and grabbing yourself the legendary white horse (it’s milling about by a lake) as soon as you can. It’s super fast and saves a lot of time. 

If you’re going for 100% then also do the challenges as early as possible. They improve your stamina / dead eye and so on which makes you stronger in the missions. 
    That’s a bugger. I think I found it to the west of the letter ‘I’ in Lake Isabella. 
  • Options
    Best game ever made. Hands down. Gotta be honest, I enjoyed the epilogue a lot lot more. Even though I love Arthur. Thought the mission where you’re with Sadie and there’s that epic gun battle and the cut scene looks like a western - epic. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

That’s a bugger. I think I found it to the west of the letter ‘I’ in Lake Isabella. 
    @JiMMy 85 Left it too long and have got too attached to my little horse (the one you buy for like $50 in Valentine)... will maybe go grab it if 'Jack' dies.

What a game by the way, have been pretty squeaky clean so far - couple of riding 'accidents' in Valentine got me a bounty though. Haven't quite figured out the camp provisions and whether I should be donating them more money or whatnot yet, otherwise I think I get it...
  • Options
    Yup kept my horse from the very beginning. Made *that* scene with Arthur at the end even more emotional. 
  • Options
    Such a great game.

Modern Warfare Remastered, the best FPS ever made, when your mates are online. 

RDR2, the best game ever made, when they're not.

Lovely.
  • Options
    Yup kept my horse from the very beginning. Made *that* scene with Arthur at the end even more emotional. 
    Yeah same here, went through it last night. Not very happy about the whole affair. The epilogue is getting on my nerves too! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone played Assasins Creed Odyssey? Playing that at the moment and it’s excellent . Need to get back in with red dead , only completed about 12% so far . 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Yeah same here, went through it last night. Not very happy about the whole affair. The epilogue is getting on my nerves too! 
    I really liked the epilogue. Like the first game where things are really intense and then you’re herding cattle for a few missions. Nice and relaxed.
  • Options
    I was tempted to do that...but it's about the size of Chris solly.

Couldn't put up with it anymore.
  • Options
    I was a bit disappointed with how quick the epilogue seemed to go
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I'd have liked a longer epilogue but it is an epilogue. I was happy to spend the time with John then I dug out my 360 and played the first game again. 
    I'm starting to get the urge to replay RDR2. It'll be hard making that trip with Arthur where things start to go downhill. I really hope we get single player DLC
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Anyone played Assasins Creed Odyssey? Playing that at the moment and it’s excellent . Need to get back in with red dead , only completed about 12% so far . 
    Yeah I’ve played it through twice now. Gonna get RDD2 in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I really liked the epilogue. Like the first game where things are really intense and then you’re herding cattle for a few missions. Nice and relaxed.
    I think I got annoyed because it was a lot of cut scenes, and I only had to get involved when something laborious needed doing! 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I'd have liked a longer epilogue but it is an epilogue. I was happy to spend the time with John then I dug out my 360 and played the first game again. 
    I'm starting to get the urge to replay RDR2. It'll be hard making that trip with Arthur where things start to go downhill. I really hope we get single player DLC
    Do you have an XB1? You can download an upgraded RDR1 via backwards compatibility. 
  • Options
    Go to the store and search for Red Dead. Find the original game. If you owned it, the Store should allow you to just download it. 

Red Dead was given an update a couple of years back to improve the graphics too. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Go to the store and search for Red Dead. Find the original game. If you owned it, the Store should allow you to just download it. 

Red Dead was given an update a couple of years back to improve the graphics too. 
    I recommend that.

I think it would actually be better to play red dead II 1st....obviously due to the fact that it's a prequel.

I think red dead 1 does have a better story though. Slightly better progression.

It is strange to say that....but I grew up when games were at their peak.

I'm 29 now so I have a specific taste via childhood memory etc.

Even though the graphics and everything else is a million times better today, of course  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Online version is garbage
    Yeah, I think I only gave it one or two goes online and then just moved on to a new game. 

I'm currently replaying GTAV as I hadn't played it since completing it after release. Now I'm not rushing around or worried about progressing the story its nice to just take my time.

Definitely need something else to get my teeth into though. I'm tempted to buy a Switch so I can play Breath of the Wild, Ocarina of Time is still one of my favorites ever. 

Anyone played Days Gone? I've been toying with the idea of that too.
  • Options

I started playing this again to collect all the bones, rock carvings etc.

Despite it being one of the best games I've ever played and an amazing story it just doesn't have the same replay value as GTA. However, I still find myself stopping and staring at the landscape, especially from up the top of a massive cliff or hill.

Once I've got everything I don't think I'll play it again. I was considering starting fresh because I know I missed some little things (not story related) but I don't know if I'll get the same buzz out of it a second time round.

• Options
    I finished the story, but am still playing, though it's not the same and has a very sad, wistful quality. I'm basically in mourning. I think this game had ruined me for ever. 
  • Options
    Really struggle with the fishing, just can’t reel in large or legendary fish. Twenty mins of the fish getting no closer and my wrists feeling like they’re about to snap, then the line breaks. 
  • Options
    Keep pulling the analogue stick back every 2-3 seconds when reeling in, and don't reel in when the fish is thrashing about, caught most of the legendary fish in 3-4 mins using this