Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Red Dead Redemption II

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Lmao! It's been out almost as long as Alan Carr!

You won't avoid all the spoilers.

Arthur like John is one of the most developed characters in a videogame that I've ever been introduced to and I love them both. 

He's the best, most loved lead I have ever experienced.
    *MINI SPOILERS* 

He is a great character.

I'm surprised that Arthur doesn't get one single mention in Red Dead Redemption 1.

I have to say...based on this game.

I like Dutch more the John Marsden.

I have used the hot air balloon though to know where John Marsden is. 

He isn't a compete traitor...yet.
  • Dave2l said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Arthur like John is one of the most developed characters in a videogame that I've ever been introduced to and I love them both. 

*MINI SPOILERS* 

He is a great character.

I'm surprised that Arthur doesn't get one single mention in Red Dead Redemption 1.

Dutch is a fucking idiot. He's like a broken record and all his plans are shit. 
  • What's the trick to perfect pelts?

Once live completed it I'll go online x
    - Take your time.
    - Look at every animal through your binoculars and study it.
    - This will tell you what weapon to use in the animal quality pop up screen.
    - Only go for pristine animals
    - All rifles and repeaters can be upgraded with a scope
    - sneak up on the animal until you are in calling distance, aim just above its head and then call it.
    - shoot it in the head. 

Use scent cover and bait as much as you can., it is worth targeting the animals needed for the pouch upgrades found at the camp. Not only do they look cool but are really, really useful.

I should add for small birds you just have to go to the right area and hope because they are impossible to see. For legendary it doesn't matter what you use, so a shot gun with slugs is very satisfying.
    I sense I'm going to finish the game without doing any of this stuff.  No patience. 
  • Have some God damn faith, Uboat. 

F*** Dutch. 
  • First one was the best game I’ve ever played, legit cried at the end. This one is better, in terms of just about everything.

iapparently Mexico is in the game code, if you “break” the game and go above the impassable mountains to the south Mexico is all set up minus any people and some basic buildings. either it was abandoned fairly late in the development process or there will be a dlc based there. I did get excited when I heard an o Driscoll say”I’m not going to goddam Mexico”..
  • Is that island off of Cuba...an independent travel destination?
  • Was thinking of getting this for a while still not sure its worth it, i know its supposed to be a masterpiece but if i ever get the chance to play the PS4 i default to Fifa. In the past i have bought new games (including GTA) within a week fifa will go back, i do really enjoy GTA too but i think it was because it came out a week before a new fifa.

Would love to see another GTA London (old version was good but obviously with the new graphics and how far its come on since it would be unreal) 
  • Couldn’t pay me to play Fifa now days, bores me to tears 
    I wont be paying anyone :smiley:
  • Dave2l said:
    The best game I have ever played. A lot of detail involved. The graphics are fantastic. I am currently on chapter 6. Just started it. I believe we should make this a no spoilers thread via the storyline. Just in case. It is rather gripping. Does anyone play it online? How does it work? Possibility of forming a team? I am rather skilled at shooting people in the head! I do not want to give anything away to anyone that is thinking of getting it. All I will say is ...if you like games and you enjoyed RDR1. Then this game is certainly worth the money.
    I’ve never played games like this and the like, believing I’d probably get addicted?

What equipment do you need and is it expensive?
  • Sponsored links:

• Very.co.uk reduced the price yesterday to £36 for the standard edition which Amazon have now price matched.
    decent price if you’ve not got it yet.
  • edited February 2019
    Dave2l said:
    The best game I have ever played. A lot of detail involved. The graphics are fantastic. I am currently on chapter 6. Just started it. I believe we should make this a no spoilers thread via the storyline. Just in case. It is rather gripping. Does anyone play it online? How does it work? Possibility of forming a team? I am rather skilled at shooting people in the head! I do not want to give anything away to anyone that is thinking of getting it. All I will say is ...if you like games and you enjoyed RDR1. Then this game is certainly worth the money.
    I’ve never played games like this and the like, believing I’d probably get addicted?

Just a PS4 (it’ll come with a controller), the game, a WiFi connection (it’ll want you to download some updates etc to get the game ready to play) and a TV (preferably a HD big screen to get the most out of the graphics). 

You can get the game bundled with a new PS4. Here’s a link: https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/sony-playstation-4-with-red-dead-redemption-2-500-gb-10186951-pdt.html
  • EastStand said:
    Dave2l said:

Just a PS4 (it’ll come with a controller), the game, a WiFi connection (it’ll want you to download some updates etc to get the game ready to play) and a TV (preferably a HD big screen to get the most out of the graphics). 

You can get the game bundled with a new PS4. Here’s a link: https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/sony-playstation-4-with-red-dead-redemption-2-500-gb-10186951-pdt.html
    Thanks for that.
  • https://youtu.be/tUAYP_uU_d8

This song very much comes to mind via chapter 6! 🙂
  • I think I am close to the end.

It is safe to say...I now absolutely Fkn hate Dutch and the story makes a lot more continued sense. It is more clear.

A very good twist and turnaround.
  • Finished it last night, best game I've ever played.

Don't think I'll bother with online, as the reviews aren't great at the moment.

However, I might just start the story mode over again.
  • Ben18 said:
    Finished it last night, best game I've ever played.

Don't think I'll bother with online, as the reviews aren't great at the moment.

However, I might just start the story mode over again.

Agreed. 

Online mode is pretty rubbish. 

All they have to do is take off the locked shooting aim thing. 

It just sort of defeats the object and makes it too simplistic and easy.

If you press big button on the middle of the controller, you can turn it into more of a COD...as it then becomes a 1st person shooter.

It would be so much better if they just ditched the locked shot thing.
  • Dave2l said:
    Dazzler21 said:

*MINI SPOILERS* 

He is a great character.

The reason Arthur isn't mentioned in RDR1 is purely because the character of Arthur was devised by Rockstar purely for the prequel, so when RDR1 was made he didn't actually exist yet, it would be amazing if they remade the first game with nods and references to Arthur sprinkled in 
  • edited March 2019
    If anyone has completed the game and wanting to sell their 'used' Xbox one version of the game, I am after one in good condition for £20 cash. I will be at the Valley on Saturday and can meet outside the club shop at, say, 5pm if anyone wants to transact.
  • I've just completed a mission where I go to the bank manager and ask for a loan. 

??? 🙄🙄😶😶😑😐😯??? 
    Best. Game. Ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've just completed a mission where I go to the bank manager and ask for a loan. 

??? 🙄🙄😶😶😑😐😯??? 

I've just done that one myself last night actually.

I miss Arthur

• Just started, got out of the snow and to the first camp - been pottering about but not done much. Any tips that you wish you knew when you started the game?
  • Just started, got out of the snow and to the first camp - been pottering about but not done much. Any tips that you wish you knew when you started the game?
    the further into the game you get the more your character can do. Only advice i can give is dont worry about spending money throughout the game.

Crack on with story missions as it is one of the best games i have played.
  • edited March 2019
    Just started, got out of the snow and to the first camp - been pottering about but not done much. Any tips that you wish you knew when you started the game?
    I recommend immediately going north west into the snow area and grabbing yourself the legendary white horse (it’s milling about by a lake) as soon as you can. It’s super fast and saves a lot of time. 

If you’re going for 100% then also do the challenges as early as possible. They improve your stamina / dead eye and so on which makes you stronger in the missions. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Just started, got out of the snow and to the first camp - been pottering about but not done much. Any tips that you wish you knew when you started the game?
    I recommend immediately going north west into the snow area and grabbing yourself the legendary white horse (it’s milling about by a lake) as soon as you can. It’s super fast and saves a lot of time. 

If you’re going for 100% then also do the challenges as early as possible. They improve your stamina / dead eye and so on which makes you stronger in the missions. 
    Cheers both, I'm torn over Googling the locations of stuff to get 100% of just going in blind and seeing how I go.

That said, the legendary horse does sound handy...
  • This game is so big that it would be impossible to achieve 100% without a guide of some sort. The first thing I did was search for the treasure locations online so that I wouldn't be short on money at the start. And frankly, I have no idea how anyone would find that treasure without a guide!

I have been playing since October, using YT videos along the way for the side stuff, and I am still only at 70%! 

If you want to feel better about getting the horse, just head up there based on my words. As far as you're concerned, I'm just another cowboy you bumped into who gave you a clue! 

• On sale this week in the Playstation store, down to 39.99 from 59.99
  • edited March 2019
    I've been playing for months and am at 62% of story. Does that mean I'm 62% of literally everything there is to do, or 62% of the way through the narrative. In other words, will I finish at 100% or could the game suddenly end when I'm on 72% because I've completed the story?

Edit. Either way, I will need counselling when it's over.