Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Or she’s got a new set of dentures she wants to test out :grimace:
  • Goats Cheese
  • I have lost three different gloves so far this winter. That's annoying. What's doubly annoying is that they are all right handed ones so I can't event cobble together a makeshift pair out of their partners.
  • Garments, mainly jackets, where the zip gets caught nearly every time you put it on (and sometimes when you take it off).
  • People dropping their guts and then says "Oh that'll be the *whatever food* I had last night"
  • Sponsored links:

• Garments, mainly jackets, where the zip gets caught nearly every time you put it on (and sometimes when you take it off).

Ok Arsene.
  • Good morning Britain’s Richard Arnold, who told this prick he was funny?
  • Using your avatar to make self aggrandising political points.
  • buckshee said:

Good morning Britain’s Richard Arnold, who told this prick he was funny?

He's like Ben Shepherds ugly little brother.
  • Millwall scoring last minute winners live on TV.
  • Carter said:

Sunday's. They are like trying to enjoy a last meal before execution

Days have a different atmosphere on Sunday that I have never liked. When I was a kid it meant it was car washing day (which I actually liked) but it also meant a lot of time thinking about doing homework, procrastination, worrying about the homework I hadn't done, thinking of excuses for why I hadn't done the homework.

Now it seems to be the day my missus decides to begin a row with me and ask, as I'm sitting my arse down on the sofa what I want to do today. The answer I want to give is "go to the pub, watch the football, have a couple of pints, maybe go down the pool club, and ceremonial beans on toast for dinner" All of which are not answers she wants to hear.

She is bored incidentally because the house is immaculate (by me), I've done all the laundry, dried it and put it away, and didn't fancy ripping all the decking up which was her suggestion. The argument began when I asked what the plan was once I'd pulled all the decking up. Apparently I never want to do anything.

She's now not talking to me, I'm sat on the shitter writing this bollocks about to text a mate and see if he fancies a game of pool.

At which point my wife will say we are going out and the whole charade starts again

Oh, and it's back to work tomorrow. Last meal before execution time again

Sunday bloody Sunday...
  • Carter said:

Days have a different atmosphere on Sunday that I have never liked. When I was a kid it meant it was car washing day (which I actually liked) but it also meant a lot of time thinking about doing homework, procrastination, worrying about the homework I hadn't done, thinking of excuses for why I hadn't done the homework.

Now it seems to be the day my missus decides to begin a row with me and ask, as I'm sitting my arse down on the sofa what I want to do today. The answer I want to give is "go to the pub, watch the football, have a couple of pints, maybe go down the pool club, and ceremonial beans on toast for dinner" All of which are not answers she wants to hear.

She is bored incidentally because the house is immaculate (by me), I've done all the laundry, dried it and put it away, and didn't fancy ripping all the decking up which was her suggestion. The argument began when I asked what the plan was once I'd pulled all the decking up. Apparently I never want to do anything.

She's now not talking to me, I'm sat on the shitter writing this bollocks about to text a mate and see if he fancies a game of pool.

At which point my wife will say we are going out and the whole charade starts again

Sneak out the shitter window and fuck off down the pub mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Carter said:

Ask your missus if she fancies a game of pool.
  • People who continuously use your name when talking to you. I know my name, it's not that fun to say. If my name was Jean-Pierre Boateng I'd understand. It's not. It's Chris.

What's worse is the people, usually public speakers, who recount conversations others have with them where the other person uses their name constantly. So what you are saying is that you talk to fannies, and that you think they (and I) think your name is exciting. Not the case, now shut up.
  • Carter said:

I've taken my frustration out on him and 7 balled him to take the score to 4-2 in my favour. We have only played for an hour and I'm more happy and he's having a paddy!

I'll play left handed when he comes back from his smoko, see if he clocks.

DHOTYA ... :-)
  • Carter said:

I've taken my frustration out on him and 7 balled him to take the score to 4-2 in my favour. We have only played for an hour and I'm more happy and he's having a paddy!

I'll play left handed when he comes back from his smoko, see if he clocks.

DHOTYA ... :-)
    You are right it didn't happen. Things slowed down finished 6-6 I tried to break left handed and it went as well as someone using their wrong hand was always going to.

The 7 balling is 100% legit we are not talking about throwing a 180 here or a 147 in snooker, get a good spread of balls and a 7 balling is more than in my capability.

Annoyingly it is also in his and he did one to me first game back. In the old days a 7 balling meant a circuit round the table with your trousers and pants round your ankles. Today it didn't thankfully.

• McBobbin said:

People who continuously use your name when talking to you. I know my name, it's not that fun to say. If my name was Jean-Pierre Boateng I'd understand. It's not. It's Chris.

What's worse is the people, usually public speakers, who recount conversations others have with them where the other person uses their name constantly. So what you are saying is that you talk to fannies, and that you think they (and I) think your name is exciting. Not the case, now shut up.

I agree, Chris. Very good post, Chris.
    Luckily, I had steeled myself for such a likely response
  • McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

People who continuously use your name when talking to you. I know my name, it's not that fun to say. If my name was Jean-Pierre Boateng I'd understand. It's not. It's Chris.

I agree, Chris. Very good post, Chris.
    Luckily, I had steeled myself for such a likely response
    Would have been rude if I'd read your post and not responded in the way I did IMO. There are rules.
  • Footballers who miss penalties!
  • edited January 2019
    People who leave leaflets under the car window wipers.

That alone is bad enough, but this morning I had a leaflets frozen fast below a thick, hard frost which thawed out to leave a right old gooey mess. Yuk!