Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• iainment said:

Great photo regardless

Probably.
    Maybe
  • iainment said:

Great photo regardless

Probably.
    Maybe
    Do you think?
  • Cold day.image

The fella has a second nose.
  • Cold day.image

If anybody does not know @Clb74
  • edited January 2019

"You never see Jacko doing these runs, have his legs gone?"
  • Sponsored links:

• what a fantastic photograph.

"You never see Jacko doing these runs, have his legs gone?"

The long forgotten main stand enclosure in the background.
  • Forgot about this thread until new posting. Just seen the reference to monkey boots. Loved my pair. Wore them till they fell to bits. Happy days.
  • Forgot about this thread until new posting. Just seen the reference to monkey boots. Loved my pair. Wore them till they fell to bits. Happy days.

Loved them too, used to get mine in Rye Lane market. Not good when you tread in dogs muck with them though!

Just a few of the photos donated by Monty Wilkinson's son. Monty is far left, front row.

A young Clive Mendonca next to Sam Bartram.

Nice hat @JamesSeed and Jimmy Trotter

And worn at a rakish angle.
    When we used to go to football together (at another place) he always wore a fur hat. Kept it for years but it got thrown out unfortunately.
  • Ferryman said:

Forgot about this thread until new posting. Just seen the reference to monkey boots. Loved my pair. Wore them till they fell to bits. Happy days.

Loved them too, used to get mine in Rye Lane market. Not good when you tread in dogs muck with them though!
    Good memory. Can't remember where I bought mine but used to go to Brick Lane to buy stuff.
  • Ferryman said:

Forgot about this thread until new posting. Just seen the reference to monkey boots. Loved my pair. Wore them till they fell to bits. Happy days.

Good memory. Can't remember where I bought mine but used to go to Brick Lane to buy stuff.
    Blackman's - the best worst shoe shop in the world
  • The shoe shop in the village always had monkey boots in the window.

Just a few of the photos donated by Monty Wilkinson's son. Monty is far left, front row.

Villa Park?
  • Jimmy Trotter looking a real jack the lad in his leather jacket and who knew that Don Welsh ever had hair?
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Villa Park?
    Pretty sure it is
  • edited January 2019
    Stig said:

Jimmy Trotter looking a real jack the lad in his leather jacket and who knew that Don Welsh ever had hair?

Trotter.
  • Jimmy Trotter could be Del Boy's dad.
  • Good work @Stig

B1 is Joe Jobling
  • Plans for a bowling alley under the west stand, never got built.
  • Wow @milo where did those come from and can the museum borrow them?