Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Villa looking to recall Steer next week (gone)

Comments

• Options
    Shame keeper going back just got use to him ... need to get an experienced keeper in
  • Options
    Well this is great. Anyone else have any bad news while we're at it?

Steer would be a big loss, not just in terms of not having enough senior keepers, but as our number 1. He's be very good this year. His concentration, distribution, and coming off his line are all ahead of Phillips'. Phillips, if he'd spent the last couple years playing regularly,, or if he can spend the next couple years playing regularly, could well close the gap on him. He might already be the better shot stopper. But I'm afraid he's quite a ways behind Steer at the moment, and we're chasing promotion at the moment.

Even if we lose Steer for the rest of the season, I hope we consider signing him when he's a free agent in the summer. He could come in and solve our goalkeeping problem that we've had for a few years now.
  • Options
    When was the last time we signed a player following a loan spell? JJ??
  • Options

Ben Amos warming the bench at Millwall.

Get him back if Steer goes back to Villa.

16k a week.
    We picked up 4 of it last season.
    Spanners are paying 9 I’ve heard.
    Not going to happen under RD ownership.
    The reality of football
  • Options
    Let’s get one thing absolutely straight. You need a goalkeeper that is confident and has ability. Lots of young goalkeepers are loaded with ability but until they gain the confidence to perform week in week out they are a liability like no other player on the pitch. They need nursing and easing into the role. It’s no mystery that goalkeepers don’t come into there own until much later than other players. Forget AMB as any sort of option at age 19. It’s simply not going to happen. Should we lose Steer The there is no doubt we will bring in a replacement.
  • Options
    Burnley have a few GK's. Perhaps we can borrow 1 of theirs??
  • Options
    Surely Villa will just replace Nyland with the new Croat keeper they've bought and keep Bunn as their reserve?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Graham Tutt was 17 when he made his debut for us.

He also went on loan...… to Workington.

Just saying.
  • Options
    New £5.4m signing Lovre Kalinic is not eligible for tomorrow’s home game with QPR, meaning Villa will consider recalling Jed Steer from his loan at Charlton.

For the moment, Mark Bunn is the club’s only available senior keeper and could be set for just his fourth appearance in two years against the R’s.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/12/31/orjan-nyland-injury-deals-aston-villa-a-body-blow/
  • Options
    Fuck sake. Bet he'll be delighted to be recalled for 1 game.
  • Options
    Recalled.
  • Options

Recalled.

Has he been? - Cant see confirmation anywhere?
  • Options

Recalled.

Yes.
  • Options

Recalled.

Yes.
    Thanks
  • Options
    That’s a massive blow. As is well known, apart from in
    Roland’s head, success is built on consistency and continuity.
    Defence is completely different for next game. No Pearce, no Solly...no Steer
  • Options
    Hopefully Villa are just recalling him for the game on New Years Day and will send him straight back afterwards with that Kalinic incoming

I dont get why he wont be allowed to play if they've already signed him, can surely get International Clearance for this sort of thing prior to the window actually opening?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Graham Tutt was 17 when he made his debut for us.

He also went on loan...… to Workington.

Just saying.

I imagine Villa see us a Workington these days.
    Tutt was a class player , (maybe memories of my youth are somewhat clouded) and I don’t think he would have been a long term player with us. We’ve always sold our best.
  • Options

Hopefully Villa are just recalling him for the game on New Years Day and will send him straight back afterwards with that Kalinic incoming

I dont get why he wont be allowed to play if they've already signed him, can surely get International Clearance for this sort of thing prior to the window actually opening?

Not sure that is allowable?
  • Options
    Isn't there a rule still you can request an emergency loan for a gk??
  • Options
    Will Steer be able to come back ?
    When we were first rumoured to get a Villa keeper on loan Sarkic was mentioned although that may have been because Steer was in their first team at the time.
  • Options

Dillon Phillips is more than capable at this level.
    If Steer goes, it won't derail our play off plans.

I don't share your certainty about Phillips .. Bowyer needs to sign an experienced keeper as a matter of urgency, even more than any other position where we are in need of strengthening
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Why would it not be allowed? They terminate the loan now, we can just start it again during the transfer window.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Here lies the problem if you have a c**t for an owner

If the owner had any football ambition you'd spend a few million on buying promotion.

Deluded fool still thinks he can run it on a shoestring (relative to his worth) under the delusion his perverse experiment will still come good or just has zilch interest whatsoever and he'll keep us turgidly ticking over in a way to prevent protests yet deny any real progression.

The prick has no business owning a football club and the div of a former ceo no being in English football although no doubt she'll continue to garner senior positions around the game in coming years.

Pathetic situation that the snivelling arsewipes in the football authorities have allowed across so many clubs for too long now the impotent fools.
    Leaving the fans to suffer as they play with their toy.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    cafc-west said:

Yeah your right it seems...

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

55.1.5 - Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 55.1.1, a Standard Loan of a goalkeeper (but not otherwise) may be subject to a recall clause exercisable at any time. Any recall may only be implemented:

a) in extenuating circumstances and with the consent of The League, such extenuating circumstances to be determined in The League’s absolute discretion; or

b) where the Club seeking to exercise the recall has only one Professional Goalkeeper available (applying the criteria set out in Regulations 57.1.1 to 57.1.3 below). The recall will be subject to not less than 24 hours’ written notice.

A goalkeeper shall not be permitted to resume any Standard Loan following the exercise of a recall.

So even looks like it even wasnt up to Villa whether they wanted a recall clause, seems the rules state that that the recall clause had to be added to Steer's deal regardless if Charlton or Villa had wanted it there - What I dont get though is why a Goalkeeper isnt permitted to resume the Standard Loan after the recall has been exercised? - Surely its up to the clubs to decide if he goes back on loan because now Steer either has the choice of warming the bench @ Villa or sitting on his arse at home if not in the matchday squad