Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Villa looking to recall Steer next week (gone)

Comments

• Options

cafc-west said:

Hopefully Villa are just recalling him for the game on New Years Day and will send him straight back afterwards with that Kalinic incoming

I dont get why he wont be allowed to play if they've already signed him, can surely get International Clearance for this sort of thing prior to the window actually opening?

Not sure that is allowable?
    Yeah your right it seems...

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

55.1.5 - Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 55.1.1, a Standard Loan of a goalkeeper (but not otherwise) may be subject to a recall clause exercisable at any time. Any recall may only be implemented:

a) in extenuating circumstances and with the consent of The League, such extenuating circumstances to be determined in The League’s absolute discretion; or

b) where the Club seeking to exercise the recall has only one Professional Goalkeeper available (applying the criteria set out in Regulations 57.1.1 to 57.1.3 below). The recall will be subject to not less than 24 hours’ written notice.

A goalkeeper shall not be permitted to resume any Standard Loan following the exercise of a recall.

So even looks like it even wasnt up to Villa whether they wanted a recall clause, seems the rules state that that the recall clause had to be added to Steer's deal regardless if Charlton or Villa had wanted it there - What I dont get though is why a Goalkeeper isnt permitted to resume the Standard Loan after the recall has been exercised? - Surely its up to the clubs to decide if he goes back on loan because now Steer either has the choice of warming the bench @ Villa or sitting on his arse at home if not in the matchday squad
    I think those are the rules for recalling outside of the transfer window, I can see no reason why we couldn't just start a 'new' loan, if both clubs want it.
  • Options

cafc-west said:

Hopefully Villa are just recalling him for the game on New Years Day and will send him straight back afterwards with that Kalinic incoming

I dont get why he wont be allowed to play if they've already signed him, can surely get International Clearance for this sort of thing prior to the window actually opening?

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

55.1.5 - Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 55.1.1, a Standard Loan of a goalkeeper (but not otherwise) may be subject to a recall clause exercisable at any time. Any recall may only be implemented:

a) in extenuating circumstances and with the consent of The League, such extenuating circumstances to be determined in The League’s absolute discretion; or

b) where the Club seeking to exercise the recall has only one Professional Goalkeeper available (applying the criteria set out in Regulations 57.1.1 to 57.1.3 below). The recall will be subject to not less than 24 hours’ written notice.

A goalkeeper shall not be permitted to resume any Standard Loan following the exercise of a recall.

So even looks like it even wasnt up to Villa whether they wanted a recall clause, seems the rules state that that the recall clause had to be added to Steer's deal regardless if Charlton or Villa had wanted it there - What I dont get though is why a Goalkeeper isnt permitted to resume the Standard Loan after the recall has been exercised? - Surely its up to the clubs to decide if he goes back on loan because now Steer either has the choice of warming the bench @ Villa or sitting on his arse at home if not in the matchday squad
    I think those are the rules for recalling outside of the transfer window, I can see no reason why we couldn't just start a 'new' loan, if both clubs want it.
    Thats when Clause 55.1.2 comes into play

any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the Winter Transfer Window;

But agreed; Steer was on a Full Season Standard Loan so cant come back to us on that registration with the Football League (that Documents has effectively been shredded with his recall) so we'd now surely have to log a whole new loan registration form or whatever it is with the Football League which would be for the Half-Season
  • Options

cafc-west said:

any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the Winter Transfer Window;

But agreed; Steer was on a Full Season Standard Loan so cant come back to us on that registration with the Football League (that Documents has effectively been shredded with his recall) so we'd now surely have to log a whole new loan registration form or whatever it is with the Football League which would be for the Half-Season
    I'm sure Chris Parkes can deal with the paperwork if we get him back again this month!
  • Options
    Stephen Henderson has just had a three game emergency loan for Wycombe.

Would he be an option to come in?
  • Options
    I imagine Andy Marshall will know of someone we can bring in.
  • Options
    Has this actually been confirmed? Can't find it anywhere
  • Options
    The tricky thing is not knowing whether Steer is literally going back for a game or two until their new signing is available - i.e. he'll be potentially back in a couple of weeks - or whether he's not coming back, and we'll need someone for the next 5 months.

In the meantime Dillon will play and I assume we'll have AMB (if recalled) or a kid on the bench tomorrow
  • Options

Has this actually been confirmed? Can't find it anywhere

Id be surprised if we dont announce it till last minute tomorrow - Football League rules state that we had to be given 24-hours written notice so imagine thats already been sent (If he's gone) so that he's eligible for Aston Villa tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc-west said:

I'm wondering, and I think this is the point you're making, if this is just a matter of semantics and paperwork. I don't know how a "Full Season Loan" is defined, it may be "for the remainder of the season," but if it's considered an August to May thing then we wouldn't want him back on that, we'd want him back on a "Partial Season Loan," or whatever the term for that is.

Again, I'm hopeful. It seems a strange proposition given he can't play for another club and seems unlikely to play for Villa much beyond tomorrow. He's out of contract in the summer, so it'd be great if we could bring him in permanently. Depending on where Villa are, that might just mean taking on his full wages without a fee (don't know what they are versus what we've been paying). But even that may be too much.
  • Options
    FFS, I just hope @DaveStorry is match fit. ;)
  • Options
    Meanwhile.........Half-Season Tickets are still on sale.
    Pity it's for the crap half.
    Our season will be over in Feb as usual.
  • Options
    That sounds like a "permanent" recall, rather than one to just cover a couple of matches
  • Options

cafc-west said:

I'm sure Chris Parkes can deal with the paperwork if we get him back again this month!
    Where the fudge has Chris Parkes gone in the middle of the season? Disgraceful...
  • Options
    This is a bum steer if Jed has gone back to Villa.
    Is Rob Elliott fit to come back to his first Love on loan.
  • Options

He is 4th choice and is available

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rob-elliot-told-fourth-choice-15608089

Benitez said: "The only one (goalkeeper) that is available in the window is Rob Elliot."
  • Options
    Or we’re going to win every match after March 14 and storm up via the playoffs!

Lots of football to be played and lots of time to get players back. Absolutely no reason to abandon all hope at this stage.

In August, everyone was up in arms that the dreadful Steer was keeping future superstar Dillon Phillips out of the team. A few good performances later and it’s all doom and gloom that we’ll be relying on Phillips. If he was as good or better than Steer in August he should still be now.
  • Options

He is 4th choice and is available

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rob-elliot-told-fourth-choice-15608089

Benitez said: "The only one (goalkeeper) that is available in the window is Rob Elliot."
    His wages will surely be prohibitive.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot is a sick note. Pointless signing him.
  • Options

Lots of football to be played and lots of time to get players back. Absolutely no reason to abandon all hope at this stage.

In August, everyone was up in arms that the dreadful Steer was keeping future superstar Dillon Phillips out of the team. A few good performances later and it’s all doom and gloom that we’ll be relying on Phillips. If he was as good or better than Steer in August he should still be now.
    Phillips will only get better if he plays regularly - don't think Bowyer is particularly keen on him.

Amos is a better keeper than Steer for me - both of them did well after a shaky start. Important for keepers to get a good run in the team.
  • Options
    Have seen Phillips make some fantastic saves but also his distribution has been slow and inaccurate. Hopefully he has worked on this and will come in and have a good game.

Good luck Dillon.
  • Options
    Yes. Good luck to him, I think he is a talented keeper with a good future and hope he gets a decent run in the team.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Phillips wasn't as good under crosses as Steer last time he played but we all know he's a fantastic stopper. I hope he's been working at his aerial game
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Charlton fans opinions must rate low on any League table.

Simon Francis, Nick Pope, Leon Clarke, Neil Etheridge, just 4 players I've had to defend and state that they would play higher than Cafc after they were called shite.

Amos and Steer were poor in first few games ? I didn't notice, I thought it was more the defenders were shaky in front of them.

Problem is, we all know that Dillon has been a reserve keeper at Cafc for 3 years and Ben and Jed have set a high bar.
    Let's hope the ball doesn't dip under for Phillips.
    Good luck Dillon.
  • Options

Charlton fans opinions must rate low on any League table.

Simon Francis, Nick Pope, Leon Clarke, Neil Etheridge, just 4 players I've had to defend and state that they would play higher than Cafc after they were called shite.

Amos and Steer were poor in first few games ? I didn't notice, I thought it was more the defenders were shaky in front of them.

Problem is, we all know that Dillon has been a reserve keeper at Cafc for 3 years and Ben and Jed have set a high bar.
    Let's hope the ball doesn't dip under for Phillips.
    Good luck Dillon.
    I couldn't give a monkeys mate what players do after they leave us. Its what they do when they pull on that Charlton shirt for me and three of those four you quote didn't do it for a vast number of us I'm afraid.