Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options
    Stokes yet again claiming a catch that wasn't.
  • Options
    223-6
  • Options
    26-3 to 221-5 to 226-7 when rain stops play. Booooooooooooo
  • Options
    And a seamer still hasn't taken a wicket for us in this Test. We should have left Jimmy out and played Bairstow!
  • Options
    Fantastic test so far, easily go either way.
  • Options
    A tenuous link to England but one nevertheless - NSW are currently playing Queensland in a Sheffield Shield match. The NSW bowling attack is made up of Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins and Lyon which is, of course, the quartet that smashed us in the Ashes.

Imagine if those four were playing in the same CC team!
  • Options
    Nah this is England's easily now
  • Options

Just had my tweet put on the BBC website. I've made it!

Fucking hell that is an unbelievable catch

I assume that wasn't the tweet put on the BBC website :smile:
  • Options

And a seamer still hasn't taken a wicket for us in this Test. We should have left Jimmy out and played Bairstow!

Or Denly, then we could have a 5 man spin attack!

If Curran has a slight injury, and the next pitch is also one for the spinners then Denly would make more sense than say Broad as a replacement
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I've got tickets for the 1st day of The Ashes at Edgbaston. Will get Lords and Oval through my contacts. Carrying on my run of attending at least one day of every home Ashes series for 46 years. The last series I missed was 1968.

Impressive! I'm off to day 3 (Saturday) at Edgbaston. It wouldn't surprise me if ticket are available on general sale for Headingley and Old Trafford, they rarely sell out every day
    You can always easily get tickets for any Ashes Test apart from Lords and Oval.
    Not true. Sold out last time. I know Headingly has already sold out. Well for first 3 days and 4th day not guaranteed to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I've got tickets for the 1st day of The Ashes at Edgbaston. Will get Lords and Oval through my contacts. Carrying on my run of attending at least one day of every home Ashes series for 46 years. The last series I missed was 1968.

Impressive! I'm off to day 3 (Saturday) at Edgbaston. It wouldn't surprise me if ticket are available on general sale for Headingley and Old Trafford, they rarely sell out every day
    You can always easily get tickets for any Ashes Test apart from Lords and Oval.
    Not true. Sold out last time. I know Headingly has already sold out. Well for first 3 days and 4th day not guaranteed to happen.
    Well they may be sold out but buying them wasn't difficult. If you follow the procedure, ie register your email address with the county or England supporters 12th Man you can purchase as soon as they go on sale. They don't sell out like a Take That concert!
  • Options

If Curran has a slight injury, and the next pitch is also one for the spinners then Denly would make more sense than say Broad as a replacement
    Picking a 4 man spin attack is a waste of a place, you would always under bowl someone. I would strongly consider Bairstow in Curran's place. Jennings could bowl a few overs if you wanted some extra seam up for an over before lunch.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Picking a 4 man spin attack is a waste of a place, you would always under bowl someone. I would strongly consider Bairstow in Curran's place. Jennings could bowl a few overs if you wanted some extra seam up for an over before lunch.
    The option is a batsman who also keeps wicket versus a batsman who also bowls legspin

Bairstow is obviously an established Test batsman when Denly isn't, but having another spin option is more useful than having a 3rd wicket keeping option in the team! Bairstow only averages 37 in Test cricket so it's not as if he should be an automatic pick just for his batting.
  • Options
    I would suggest that Bairstow is a better batsman than Denly, his bowling nor Bairstow's keeping isn't an issue as 3 spinners is enough.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I would suggest that Bairstow is a better batsman than Denly, his bowling nor Bairstow's keeping isn't an issue as 3 spinners is enough.

Depending on the pitch for the next one we may want an extra quick in for Rashid so Denley at 3 would be a good option.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Depending on the pitch for the next one we may want an extra quick in for Rashid so Denley at 3 would be a good option.
    Denly would be an option then but I can't see it, although if we loose this test all bets are off.
  • Options
    Right! Had a few hours kip and ready for a very interesting session.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Moeen strikes and has Dickwella smartly caught by Stokes at slip.
    240-8 61 required.
  • Options
    Lakmal bowled Moeen 2nd ball. Back to bed soon!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    240-9!
  • Options
    Well that didn’t take long....back to bed for me!
  • Options
    38/40 wickets fall to spin, the most in the history of Test cricket.
    Leach gets a Michelle and England win by 57 runs.
  • Options

Well that didn’t take long....back to bed for me!

I bet you've only just got home!
  • Options
    That last wicket looked like a bump ball at first watch but clearly wasn’t to the England players or in the replay .
  • Options
    Superb win.

38 wickets in the match by spinners - that is an all-time record in any Test match ever, and it's only the third time out of England's 363 Test victories that they've won without a wicket from a fast bowler.
  • Options
    redman said:

Superb win.

38 wickets in the match by spinners - that is an all-time record in any Test match ever, and it's only the third time out of England's 363 Test victories that they've won without a wicket from a fast bowler.

You back in England, Redman?
  • Options
    redman said:

Superb win.

Ironic that, with the odd exception, we prepare wickets in this country that suit seamers. The 2odd exception" being Taunton, the home of Leach and quite possible that we would not have won this series had he not had the experience of bowling on such tracks.
  • Options

redman said:

Superb win.

You back in England, Redman?
    Haha. If you look at the time I posted no way. Flying home tomorrow. Been doing some touristy things as well as getting in all 4 days at Galle and 1 at Kandy. Lovely country. Lovely food. Lovely cricket!
  • Options
    Amazing game just finished in Abu Dhabi