Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options

anyone in the queue to buy tickets for Ashes? I've 'won' the opportunity to sit here making excuses as to why i'm 10 mins late for a meeting ! eek

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get on at 9, so now in the queue of angst...
    any joy? a friend of mine got through at 10.40 and got tickets for day 3, 4 and 5. She's a single person so could buy more than one day and doesn't need 2 together so i guess had more joy than some.
    Over an hour later, nowhere near the finishing line!
    2 1/2 hours and counting...
    Got through. Only single tickets available for Day 2, so got one in the Peter May (£100)

Unwilling to spend any more on pairs of tickets for other days, at those prices might try and head up to Headingley/OT for a day's play!
  • Options
    Just singles I think on Days 2 and 3 now available
  • Options
    logged on at 10 (yes bit late I know). 2 and a half hours later discovered only a few singles left for day 2 which is what we wanted. Got 2 for day1 where there was still quite a bit of availability. must be a better way!
    Now have tickets for Edgbaston, OT and the Oval. Missed out on Headingly. Lords not yet on sale
  • Options
    3rd Test-Anderson rested and replaced by Broad, Bairstow returns for the injured Curren.
  • Options
    Days 1, 2 and 3 now sold out at The Oval
  • Options
    Women's T20 semi-finals tonight. England on at midnight if anyone's planning on not sleeping
  • Options
    It only took five minutes to get my Ashes tickets today. I guess I'm lucky in that I work Thursday and Fridays, and umpire Saturdays, so Sunday is always the best day to go for me. It also means that I have a very good chance of seeing a test match finish!
  • Options
    13 years since we've gone into a Test without Cook or Anderson in the side
  • Options
    Everyone excited to see how our girls get on in an hour?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I'm still awake
  • Options
    Mandhana and Kaur are so far ahead of the rest of the sport tbh
  • Options
    JINX!
  • Options
    Getting mandhana out was a big wicket. Out openers Wyatt and Beaumont haven't been dominant by comparison.
  • Options
    Damn, England were doing well to keep those in for as long as they did. Enter Kaur. Here's the game
  • Options
    And there might be the game!

England well capable of a choke here tbf though
  • Options
    Don't know anything about the quality of the Indian spinners but the trick seems to be to bowl it as slow as possible.

120 could be a decent total.
  • Options
    112 might not be enough though. Losing 8 wickets for 23 runs is headless cricket.
  • Options
    Helps that India are bowling nothing but long-hops. Awful. Bring on Australia
  • Options
    Girls win easily by 8 wickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Time for sleep. Oh shit, the men are on in an hour or so though :/
  • Options
    The Indian bookies all over that , bent as a nine bob note that game .
    Before the match India went from 1.7 on betfair to 2.2 and they won the toss !
    Pretty obvious what’s taken place there .
    Prolly read about it in a few years time
  • Options
    England win the toss (eight in a row) and choose to bat first.
  • Options
    Oops - minor blip. One down. Burns out for 14.
  • Options
    The story so far.

England 84-2 off 22 with both Burns (14) and Jennings (13) gone. SL have once again blown their reviews before lunch.

Bairstow 34* (45)
    Root 18* (30)
  • Options
    102-2 (26) at lunch at almost 4 an over

Bairstow 42* (58) and Root 28* (41) both batting very well
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Admittedly that's a big jump in odds but would they not have gone out because a) india left their most experienced player out and b) it's better to bat second?
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Admittedly that's a big jump in odds but would they not have gone out because a) india left their most experienced player out and b) it's better to bat second?
    India won the toss !!
    Aussies batted first in the previous semi and smashed the Windies
  • Options
    change of field. Root gone, but surely a no ball?
  • Options
    edited November 2018

change of field. Root gone, but surely a no ball?

Initially I thought the same Suz......but then thinking about it it’s not the same scenario as a run out where the batsman’s foot/hand/bat etc have to be grounded.
    For a bowler part of his foot only has to be behind the line but not necessarily grounded......I believe I am correct in saying that. If I am, then that was a fair delivery...... can someone confirm.
    Having said that, it was a damn close call either way.