Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JS because we are interested

Rothko said:

Has there absolutely no contact from the Aussies @JamesSeed ?

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Just so I have this right......

1) NLA is saying that The Aussies outbid the Saudies in the full knowledge that they were never going to pay that price but lower their offer to one which suited them once they were the only player in town. If true then scandalous imo.

2) James Seed is saying that on 18th May the Aussies had the money, the deal had been agreed with RD, but the final deal had to be signed off by all the members of the consortium. Which, because of the delay, has not happened. Begs the question why ?? Surely anyone getting involved must know the initial cost of buying the club & then the future outlay needed to fund their 5 year plan. Sounds like the original AFC deal......round up enough interest & go from there. Hardly what I would call "serious".

3) The Aussies must have had enough money at some point (18th May ?) to satisfy both RD and the EFL - FPP test passed also sometime after that. I'm assuming "enough money" to RD was £40m & to the EFL it was this plus 2 years funding.

If all of this is correct then as I've said a few times before I wish that Muir et al had never got involved. Not even the way to run a pub team.

Not sure you’ve read my recent posts properly.
    2) is wrong. 3) is partly wrong.
    1) is probably wrong info. There’s nothing to back it up, as far as I now.

Have a plane to catch now.
    1,2 and 3 are not wrong. They are wrong in your opinion. There is a distinction.
    No they are wrong actually, because he’s saying I said things that I didn’t say or imply.
    This applies to 2) and 3)
    In reference to 1) I said it is ‘probably wrong’. I then said ‘as far as I know’.

All of my info come directly from one of the consortium, so I don’t need to say ‘in my opinion’ all the time. The only issue is whether people think I’ve been lied to, and I certainly not going to write ‘unless they’re lying through their teeth’ every time I write a comment’. Other people’s sources are less direct. No one is getting info from Roland. Lieven’s info we know isn’t necessarily reliable.

Your interventions are very selective. Don’t remember you intervening with NLA when he stated: ‘They have never had the money. Fact.’ Or many other statements presented as fact that are not from a direct source.
    ‘The Aussies have pulled out. Mic drop.’
    ‘The Aussies are charlatans, which is because they’re from convict stock’.
    ‘They never had the dosh’.

It’s been relentless, but how many interventions from you? Zero.

(Just my opinion mate)
    And how many 'soon', 'two weeks', 'very close', 'next week or two', 'be patient, it will be worth it' has your mate spoken to you about?

None of them have been factual. Not one. Five year plan my arse.

It seem GM may actually not be ITK, or he's just stringing you along.
    None of them are factual? What are you talking about? They are just reply to my oft repeated question 'is the deal off?' which I've been asked repeatedly to put to him by people on here, and on Twitter.
    None of them have said 'the deal will be completed next week' or whatever.
    They've all been of the 'we're still in it' variety. Bland, but truthful and harmless, unlike your unecessarily rude post. Plenty of people are happy to read them as well. Sure you're an anti-Aussie cheerleader, I get that, and don't have a problem with it, but no need to be so vitriolic.
    Roll your neck in.

The rude and vitriolic postings seem to be coming from you to anybody that dares question the validity of this so called Australian consortium. Even you have to admit, that despite the continuous good news they leak out, mainly via you, it actually appears to be poppycock. They are no nearer purchasing the club than they were a year ago.

Have you actually sat back and asked why that is?

I repeat my question that you chose to ignore in both your responses to my post, do you think GM is just stringing you along?
    Seeing as you don’t seem to be able to post with out being obnoxious you can, in the words of the great Fanny, ‘Go boil yer ‘ead’.

No rude and vitriolic posting from me at all.
    Apart from covert pms in the middle of the night.

Did you get some as well?
  • Sorry, my quote thing is playing up - i.e. me - but the questions are for @JamesSeed

JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

That’s a strange logic right there not me but you

the Saudi’s showed their money enough to put in a firm offer they reached his number and got gazzumped by people that apart from buying a scarf and getting cheap cheers like wwe wrestlers have done nothing

They then walked away as they were at their number

Not a fake number by fake people

No. The Saudi's clearly didn't have the money to run the club or they simply weren't actually interested in the club.

I am fairly certain our latest bid received was not the same amount as the Aussies bid, however it was also accepted.

If the Saudi's had either the money or the interest, they'd own us by now.
    Why they reached their limit and like in all auctions you know when to stop especially when the Aussies wouldn’t stop and seeing as they are only using Monopoly money why should they
    Shame you can’t wake up and smell the coffee.
    When they buy us I will drink coffee for the first time in years

But my coffee ban is well and truly safe
    nla....you seem to be enjoying yourself making us all the more depressed.
    How much longer are you planning to go on finding countless ways of telling us exactly the same thing over and over again?
    I don't think NLA enjoys it at all, I think he's just doing the same as others itk, by relaying what he's been told. The only problem is, people only seem to like good news (whether they know it to be wholly accurate or not) and what NLA is relaying, isn't necessarily what the majority of fans want to hear. The majority want to hear things like "It's gonna be a tough 2 weeks, but it'll be worth it in the end".

It seems to me that if you so much as question the Aussies in anyway, you get laughed at or jumped on.
    My money is on NLA.
    I don't know NLA personally, or James Seed or Airman or Doucher or Red Henry or Colin or anyone ITK. I just read the posts and NLA has stuck to his guns even when his posts have been pilloried. He has also been the most accurate, and this version of events ties in with what is transpiring at CAFC. So it'll do for me.
    How can it be accurate? He said consistently the Aussie’s don’t have the funds but now we have two sources claiming the Aussies have passed the fit and proper EFL test. That means they do have the funds. Last night he changed his tune to ‘don’t have the funds or not willing to pay the price’.Remember his source is coming from the Roland camp. Would you trust Roland? All this Aussie bashing is mighty suspicious.
    RD has the money to pass the fit and proper test also

You need to re read the posts go back to October when I first said

The Aussies don’t have the funds (they never then )

From December I said they don’t have the funds and are trying to get more

Me saying that they may not be willing to spend it is because the fee they agreed remember the agreed part it’s very important

They have not followed through on

I said there two reasons

They don’t have it

They don’t want to spend it

What other reasons are there if the the Club The Aussies the EFL all belive that it’s in place

It’s not directors loans that part hasn’t been addressed and is not being addressed

It’s because the Aussie bid has stalled they are unwilling to pay the amount they agreed

Was this a deliberate negotiation tactic or is it they thought they could raise the money and they can’t

The EFL can check the accounts that the consortium members have and that will show they have the required funds but that don’t mean they will use it or are willing to use it

JamesSeed said:

Reading all the posters that are questioning whether they want the Aussies now because they’re being, or have always been, devious:

I 100% believe that they did NOT set out to bid high, with the intention of later on reducing their bid. I’d be shocked if that was the case.

I’m quite sure GM expected the purchase to be done and dusted the week after our meeting. He wouldn’t have be so sure if he was planning to low ball Roland.

Whether they screwed up after that I don’t know. Whether new consortium members were needed I don’t know.
    I don’t know when, or even if, they decided his price was too high.

But they didn’t walk. Not yet anyway.

This is a question I asked elsewhere on this thread, but, in your (humble or otherwise!) opinion (or knowledge), was it a closed bid with a deadline (ala TV rights/train franchise), or an on-going 'war'... i.e. Aussies offer, say, 30M; Saudies 32M; Aussies come back with £34M etc etc etc... Roland playing one off against the other?

Was there any hint at all (and I appreciate you might be out of the loop here) of RD questionning where the money came from? By that I mean that, if I sell my car for 5k, I don't care where the money comes from; if it's a husband/wife chipping in with the help of the mother-in-law or whatever, or some bloke who's got 5k lying around. I don't care what happens to the car after it's sold either. In other words, was the Aussie 'bid' sound?

I think a lot of people are looking for clues here as to why the Aussies (or, indeed, the Saudies; or anyone for that matter), would want to punt £40.5M on CAFC.

Muir has pedigree as an entrepreneur, and the last thing I'd expect him to be is a fool or to throw money down the drain, nor to expect other people (i.e. other investors) to. Clearly he's not prepared to stump up the cash himself to be 51% shareholder. If he's not prepared to take that risk, it's not a very good advertisment for the other investers he's trying to attract.

I can only conclude that there's something seriously wrong with the Aussie bid: indeed any bid that values the club at £40M+.

Sorry Mark, I don’t know anything about the bid or the bidding process.
    The point about Muir having pedigree as an entrepreneur answers your next point about him wanting to spread the risk. I imagine he thinks buying 51% is too great a risk. Perhaps that isn’t a a good advertisement to other investors, I don’t know. Maybe it’s a good example to other investors?

I wouldn’t know if there’s something seriously wrong with the Aussie bid. Maybe there is.
    Maybe some of them were happy with the high bid and others persuaded them to see sense. I really don’t know. I don’t see it as that big a deal myself, but I know others do. If they’re trying to screw Roland I’d see that as a bonus.

Shame to see the division at the moment, whether it’s about the boycott, the protests or now the takeover.
    And yes I’ve been targeted by the same handful of people on here for some time. Bit pathetic really. The brown nose fella in particular. Water off a duck’s back now.
  • edited August 2018
    Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

Rothko said:

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

1) NLA is saying that The Aussies outbid the Saudies in the full knowledge that they were never going to pay that price but lower their offer to one which suited them once they were the only player in town. If true then scandalous imo.

2) James Seed is saying that on 18th May the Aussies had the money, the deal had been agreed with RD, but the final deal had to be signed off by all the members of the consortium. Which, because of the delay, has not happened. Begs the question why ?? Surely anyone getting involved must know the initial cost of buying the club & then the future outlay needed to fund their 5 year plan. Sounds like the original AFC deal......round up enough interest & go from there. Hardly what I would call "serious".

3) The Aussies must have had enough money at some point (18th May ?) to satisfy both RD and the EFL - FPP test passed also sometime after that. I'm assuming "enough money" to RD was £40m & to the EFL it was this plus 2 years funding.

If all of this is correct then as I've said a few times before I wish that Muir et al had never got involved. Not even the way to run a pub team.

1,2 and 3 are not wrong. They are wrong in your opinion. There is a distinction.
    No they are wrong actually, because he’s saying I said things that I didn’t say or imply.
    In reference to 1) I said it is ‘probably wrong’. I then said ‘as far as I know’.

All of my info come directly from one of the consortium, so I don’t need to say ‘in my opinion’ all the time. The only issue is whether people think I’ve been lied to, and I certainly not going to write ‘unless they’re lying through their teeth’ every time I write a comment’. Other people’s sources are less direct. No one is getting info from Roland. Lieven’s info we know isn’t necessarily reliable.

Your interventions are very selective. Don’t remember you intervening with NLA when he stated: ‘They have never had the money. Fact.’ Or many other statements presented as fact that are not from a direct source.

(Just my opinion mate)
    And how many 'soon', 'two weeks', 'very close', 'next week or two', 'be patient, it will be worth it' has your mate spoken to you about?

None of them are factual? What are you talking about? They are just reply to my oft repeated question 'is the deal off?' which I've been asked repeatedly to put to him by people on here, and on Twitter.
    They've all been of the 'we're still in it' variety. Bland, but truthful and harmless, unlike your unecessarily rude post. Plenty of people are happy to read them as well. Sure you're an anti-Aussie cheerleader, I get that, and don't have a problem with it, but no need to be so vitriolic.
    Roll your neck in.

The rude and vitriolic postings seem to be coming from you to anybody that dares question the validity of this so called Australian consortium. Even you have to admit, that despite the continuous good news they leak out, mainly via you, it actually appears to be poppycock. They are no nearer purchasing the club than they were a year ago.

I repeat my question that you chose to ignore in both your responses to my post, do you think GM is just stringing you along?
    Seeing as you don’t seem to be able to post with out being obnoxious you can, in the words of the great Fanny, ‘Go boil yer ‘ead’.

No rude and vitriolic posting from me at all.
    Apart from covert pms in the middle of the night.

• ...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world...Oh yeah.
  • J BLOCK said:

Redhenry said:

They were aware when the Aussies upped their bid and were prepared to match it. As I said previously the last one I heard they matched was 40.5m.

What on earth happened to make them walk then

No idea, got fed up with Douchebag I guess.
  • Keep it coming James, some of us appreciate it

Thanks, although I’m not getting much of any use at the moment.
    I have no problem with someone like @Addickted because he’s motivated by his love for the club and obviously seriously thinks the Aussies would be bad for us. I disagree of course, but I can see where he’s coming from.
    The couple who always pop up if someone criticises me are just bottom feeders.
  • One day, the clouds of Duchatelet doom will part and the vibrant rays will shine down over the Valley and when they do I imagine this song to be playing, with NLA and James Seed leading the choir. Oh happy day indeed.

https://youtu.be/X6zbwLQFjRM
  • edited August 2018
    Solidgone said:

Meat pies and sausage rolls
    come on Aussies confirm the sale
    Oooo we’ve got a corner...

Point of order it's;

'Ooh it's a corner,
    ooh it's a corner;
    ooh it's a corner……..ad infinitum :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Qué Sera Sera
    Don't matter who's wrong or right
    Our club's future will be bright
    When it's on the official site

Slow day, Henry?
  • Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

Rothko said:

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

(Just my opinion mate)

Roll your neck in.

I would not disagree with your first paragraph.
    No church today Elfs ? :wink:
  • _MrDick said:

Qué Sera Sera

Slow day, Henry?
    It's Sunday, it's pissing down so yep a slow day : - )
  • _MrDick said:

Qué Sera Sera

Slow day, Henry?
    It's Sunday, it's pissing down so yep a slow day : - )
    And I got sent on standby to the seaside..........decent fish n chips though.

• RedChaser said:

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

Rothko said:

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

(Just my opinion mate)

Roll your neck in.

I would not disagree with your first paragraph.
    No church today Elfs ? :wink:
    Yes mate, I missed the 10.30 service as I was as drunk as a skunk yesterday and was only released from the Arundel cop shop this morning.

I'm off to the 19.00 service to repent my sins.
  • Redhenry said:

J BLOCK said:

Redhenry said:

They were aware when the Aussies upped their bid and were prepared to match it. As I said previously the last one I heard they matched was 40.5m.

What on earth happened to make them walk then

No idea, got fed up with Douchebag I guess.
    Pretending to be in the know and all that, I can see how she’d annoy them...
  • RedChaser said:

Solidgone said:

Meat pies and sausage rolls
    come on Aussies confirm the sale
    Oooo we’ve got a corner...

Point of order it's;

'Ooh it's a corner,
    ooh it's a corner;
    ooh it's a corner……..ad infinitum :wink:
    Poetic licence
  • As at Accrington, it will be Chris Parkes
  • Sponsored links:

• No disrespect meant to Chris Parkes.
  • Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

Keep it coming James, some of us appreciate it

Thanks, although I’m not getting much of any use at the moment.
    I have no problem with someone like @Addickted because he’s motivated by his love for the club and obviously seriously thinks the Aussies would be bad for us. I disagree of course, but I can see where he’s coming from.
    The couple who always pop up if someone criticises me are just bottom feeders.
    Where have I said I think the Aussies would be bad for us?

My beef is with their procrastination and their inability to communicate with some seriously frustrated fans other than through some cosy chats with you.

Not knocking you for at least attempting to get some information out of them, but if they are that serious, why are you having to rely on contacting them, rather than vice versa. A quick call to say - "don't worry Jimbo, we're still in the game and the hold up is because of some gnarled old tosser in Belgium".

Hence my question about them stringing you along - which I notice you still haven't deemed to answer.
    Murray & the Aussies have a lot in common - they’ve both gone missing
  • Page 1234 will be when the Bromley Contingent takeover will be strongly rumoured to be happening

Brommmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • James, I wouldn't say nothing happened in those two weeks. The window slammed shut without us losing players. Given he knows you are a fan, he perhaps expected departures would be tough for fans. Didn't the cost savings happen subsequently? The e.mail certainly did.
  • Grapevine Mic Drop
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!