Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

Who actually buys the story that one consortium decided the best way to secure a purchase would be to try to outbid a group of Saudis?

I'm no expert, but, all other things being equal, when I want to buy something and I know that a group of astronomically-wealthy middle eastern investors also want to buy it, I don't automatically think "I'll just outspend them".

Have you ever played poker...!?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

WSS said:
    the club telling lies.............surely not.

Bloody hell. That’s big news if true. Wtf is going on.
    JamesSeed said:

WSS said:
    the club telling lies.............surely not.

Bloody hell. That’s big news if true. Wtf is going on.
    I said before this thread reached 1,000 pages the EFL story was a load of waffle.
    I look forward to hearing there side of the story.
  • Options

Wouldn't the simplest explanation for the Aussies changing their bid price be down to the Directors' debt? They might have simply said, we have adjusted our price downwards (i.e minus the reported 7£M) due to the discovery of additional debt that has yet to be settled?

The Shitweasel will obviously have a problem with that as he sees that debt as worth less, hence his derisory offer to said ex-Directors. So, we have a stalemate - RD can't (or wont) get the ex-Directors to reach a settlement for their debt and the Aussies won't pay the agreed price unless that debt is settled first (as they see it, they would be paying an extra 7£M for the club, which is already ridiculously overvalued by the Shitweasel). Hence, stalemate.

What do you lot think?

Well LdT said at the FF that ex Director loans were not an issue. Lies, spin or the truth. Take your pick.

Well since my suspicion that he was lying about the EFL has been confirmed (despite my suspicions being pooh-poohed not just on here, but by my CAST colleagues who attended the FF and appeared somewhat beguiled by him), you can guess which option I'm picking.

Confirmed, or suggested? Maybe I've been something, which is easy to do with all these mega-threads running at the same time.
    Re-cap.

8 weeks or so ago, @Addickted revealed an EFL source who had told him that although there had been two "qualifications" to the Aussie EFL test, they had been resolved and they had cleared the test. He checked with his source at least one more time and his source stuck to it.

At the July FF de Turck flatly contradicted this, by asserting that the Aussies still needed to submit papers. This version was widely believed.
    In the Aug FF, de Turck repeated that this was the status, implying, among other things, no progress in 4 weeks.

On Thursday @Airman Brown tweeted this:

he subsequently confirmed that his source is different to Addickted's.

at the same time the EFL announced that it was to seek a meeting with the Club, as wellas granting CAST's request to meet them. This is unprecedented from the EFL.
    But maybe the Aussies have since changed the composition of the consortium and need to revert to the EFL. We were told by James Seed of a difficult 2 weeks after all and which could have meant issues on either side.

Just maybe this means they need to now revert to the EFL.

A guess obviously
  • Options

Wouldn't the simplest explanation for the Aussies changing their bid price be down to the Directors' debt? They might have simply said, we have adjusted our price downwards (i.e minus the reported 7£M) due to the discovery of additional debt that has yet to be settled?

The Shitweasel will obviously have a problem with that as he sees that debt as worth less, hence his derisory offer to said ex-Directors. So, we have a stalemate - RD can't (or wont) get the ex-Directors to reach a settlement for their debt and the Aussies won't pay the agreed price unless that debt is settled first (as they see it, they would be paying an extra 7£M for the club, which is already ridiculously overvalued by the Shitweasel). Hence, stalemate.

What do you lot think?

Well LdT said at the FF that ex Director loans were not an issue. Lies, spin or the truth. Take your pick.

Well since my suspicion that he was lying about the EFL has been confirmed (despite my suspicions being pooh-poohed not just on here, but by my CAST colleagues who attended the FF and appeared somewhat beguiled by him), you can guess which option I'm picking.

Confirmed, or suggested? Maybe I've been something, which is easy to do with all these mega-threads running at the same time.
    Re-cap.

8 weeks or so ago, @Addickted revealed an EFL source who had told him that although there had been two "qualifications" to the Aussie EFL test, they had been resolved and they had cleared the test. He checked with his source at least one more time and his source stuck to it.

At the July FF de Turck flatly contradicted this, by asserting that the Aussies still needed to submit papers. This version was widely believed.
    In the Aug FF, de Turck repeated that this was the status, implying, among other things, no progress in 4 weeks.

at the same time the EFL announced that it was to seek a meeting with the Club, as wellas granting CAST's request to meet them. This is unprecedented from the EFL.
    But maybe the Aussies have since changed the composition of the consortium and need to revert to the EFL. We were told by James Seed of a difficult 2 weeks after all and which could have meant issues on either side.

A guess obviously
    Cannot be, because @Airman Brown source came forward only late this week, to confirm what the other source said two months ago. That is obviously why the EFL have roused themselves from their Preston bolthole. One of their members is taking their name in vain.
  • Options

What do you lot think?

Re-cap.

A guess obviously
    Cannot be, because @Airman Brown source came forward only late this week, to confirm what the other source said two months ago. That is obviously why the EFL have roused themselves from their Preston bolthole. One of their members is taking their name in vain.
    Surely could be if they know they will need to resubmit their papers to EFL becuase details have since changed but they haven’t approached EFL yet?

I am looking for a positive with this guess and trying to tie it together with the 2 weeks reference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Just so I have this right......

1) NLA is saying that The Aussies outbid the Saudies in the full knowledge that they were never going to pay that price but lower their offer to one which suited them once they were the only player in town. If true then scandalous imo.

2) James Seed is saying that on 18th May the Aussies had the money, the deal had been agreed with RD, but the final deal had to be signed off by all the members of the consortium. Which, because of the delay, has not happened. Begs the question why ?? Surely anyone getting involved must know the initial cost of buying the club & then the future outlay needed to fund their 5 year plan. Sounds like the original AFC deal......round up enough interest & go from there. Hardly what I would call "serious".

3) The Aussies must have had enough money at some point (18th May ?) to satisfy both RD and the EFL - FPP test passed also sometime after that. I'm assuming "enough money" to RD was £40m & to the EFL it was this plus 2 years funding.

If all of this is correct then as I've said a few times before I wish that Muir et al had never got involved. Not even the way to run a pub team.

Not sure you’ve read my recent posts properly.
    2) is wrong. 3) is partly wrong.
    1) is probably wrong info. There’s nothing to back it up, as far as I now.

Have a plane to catch now.
    1,2 and 3 are not wrong. They are wrong in your opinion. There is a distinction.
    No they are wrong actually, because he’s saying I said things that I didn’t say or imply.
    This applies to 2) and 3)
    In reference to 1) I said it is ‘probably wrong’. I then said ‘as far as I know’.

All of my info come directly from one of the consortium, so I don’t need to say ‘in my opinion’ all the time. The only issue is whether people think I’ve been lied to, and I certainly not going to write ‘unless they’re lying through their teeth’ every time I write a comment’. Other people’s sources are less direct. No one is getting info from Roland. Lieven’s info we know isn’t necessarily reliable.

Your interventions are very selective. Don’t remember you intervening with NLA when he stated: ‘They have never had the money. Fact.’ Or many other statements presented as fact that are not from a direct source.
    ‘The Aussies have pulled out. Mic drop.’
    ‘The Aussies are charlatans, which is because they’re from convict stock’.
    ‘They never had the dosh’.

It’s been relentless, but how many interventions from you? Zero.

(Just my opinion mate)
    And how many 'soon', 'two weeks', 'very close', 'next week or two', 'be patient, it will be worth it' has your mate spoken to you about?

None of them have been factual. Not one. Five year plan my arse.

It seem GM may actually not be ITK, or he's just stringing you along.
    Are you ok? You seemed quite stressed out.
  • Options
    Has there absolutely no contact from the Aussies @JamesSeed ?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Rothko said:

See post above. Why would I bother.

But no.
  • Options
    JS because we are interested
  • Options
    edited August 2018

JamesSeed said:

Rothko said:

See post above. Why would I bother.

But no.
    At the end of the day mate you keep sticking up for the Aussies and then strop when people have valid opinions about them.

I get why you are defending them but the lack of progress means questioned are there to be answered by themselves as well as Roland

I do think you take it too seriously, your not a part of the bid (as far as I am aware) so chill out a bit
    Maybe I’m not particularly tolerant when I read rubbish, although you’d be surprised how much of it I don’t take seriously at all.

But we’re at a very important place in this club’s history, so some of this needs taking very seriously indeed.

But ta, it might be time for a breather.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

last i heard it failed th

I believe the £40m price tag was mentioned by @Redhenry many months ago. No idea if he is/was itk or whether he made it up. Its taken as gospel now though & like you, I would have thought anything above what he paid (c £18m inc debt) is a pisstake.

Last Saudi bid I heard was 40.5m which matched the Aussies at the time.
    So can you tell us any more about these Saudis? What is their business? have they shown interest in any other club? Why does a 3rd division club interest them, when they could buy a Championship club for a similar figure? If they really think CAFC is worth such a preposterous amount, why do they allow themselves to be outbid for the sake of half a million?

I appreciate that you may not know any of the answers and post what you hear in good faith. I just have a bit of trouble with the whole idea that this sale is like a (Dutch) auction of a single tangible entity - such ,as, wait for it - a house. As I was trying to say above, the headline price needs to deal with various tricky financail subplots, and each and any buyer will approach those subplots (former directors, player sales in the summer, sell ons, etc) in their own way. Sorry I just don't buy the idea that somebody was outbid by half a mill and slunk away, never to be heard of again.

I never said they were outbid. I said last I heard was they matched the Aussie bid at that time which was 40.5m.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Who actually buys the story that one consortium decided the best way to secure a purchase would be to try to outbid a group of Saudis?

I'm no expert, but, all other things being equal, when I want to buy something and I know that a group of astronomically-wealthy middle eastern investors also want to buy it, I don't automatically think "I'll just outspend them".

I don’t buy it. Just more suspicious Aussie bashing.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    So maybe the aussies are the unicorns...
    (On a tram between Alicante and Benidorm)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

So maybe the aussies are the unicorns...
    (On a tram between Alicante and Benidorm)

Get off at Campello. Great restaurant by castle overlooking the marina.
  • Options
    (My first house analogy). If I was buying a house and the vendor was playing hardball, I'd probably try to accommodate him to a point. However, if his intransigence persisted I would simply go and buy another house. I wouldn't tell the awkward cuss that the deal was dead ... let him squirm.

The Aussie brief was to buy 'a football club' and reach the Premiership within five years. I wouldn't be surprised if they've switched their attention already, whilst using Charlton as a perfect cover to achieve their new target without alerting possible competitors.

Remember they were right on the cusp of completing this takeover when they decided to go back to Australia for a bit of a rest. Likely? Not really. Just another theory to chuck on the woodpile.

• Options
    £40m for L1 side in debt is ridiculous we are worth 20m max. Sooner Roland accepts this then everyone can move on...
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I hate to say this, but I think RD would rather just throw the whole thing in Administration next year rather than sell for £20M this year. Surely, you say, he would not do that because it would be an bigger financial loss than selling for £20M. But this logic assumes two things...

1. That RD is financially smart (he is not, as evidenced by where we are)
    2. That his c***ness has some kind of limit. (it absolutely does not)
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I hate to say this, but I think RD would rather just throw the whole thing in Administration next year rather than sell for £20M this year. Surely, you say, he would not do that because it would be an bigger financial loss than selling for £20M. But this logic assumes two things...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but administration is for businesses which are unable to pay their suppliers and employees because they've run out of cash. That is clearly not the case with Charlton.
    I am less sure.

Since CAFC runs a deficit every single month, and is already in debt to the tune of at least £58M, it essentially IS UNABLE TO PAY. It only pays because RD loans it money every month, at interest. But he is under NO legal requirement to do so. Even if he has several hundred million pounds himself, he has no requirement to use it to pay CAFC bills. The way I see it, CAFC only remains a going concern due to a monthly bailout by RD. Take that away, and it's tits up.

There are plenty of organizations that go bust even if their owners are rich. Is it likely in this case? probably not. But given this is RD we are talking about, I can't say it's zero.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

PeterGage said:

Chizz said:

PeterGage said:

Fumbluff said:

Dizzle said:

I’m on honeymoon in Aruba and still check this thread once or twice a day. I think it’s an addiction

Bahama.
    Ooh I wanna take you to Bermuda.
    Bahama.
    Come on pretty mama.
    The only Beach Boys hit not written by Brian Wilson
    Apart from Why Do Fools Fall In Love (1964), Do You Wanna Dance and Barbara Ann (1965), Sloop John B (1966), Bluebirds Over The Mountain (1968), I Can Hear Music (1969), Cottonfields (1970), Long Promised Road (1971), California Saga: California (1973), Rock and Roll Music (1975), Peggy Sue (1978), Lady Linda (1979), Come Go With Me (1981), Getcha Back and It's getting Late (1985), She Believes In Love Again and California Dreaming (1986), Wipe Out (1987), Still Cruisin' (1989), Problem Child (1989), Hot Fun in the Summertime (1992), I Can Hear Music (1966).

:wink:
    Thanks @Chizz . I clearly didnt make myself clear, when I said "hit", I meant a number one in the charts.
    OK, I will have another go..!

Barbara Ann (number one in Norway), Sloop John B (Holland, Norway and Sweden) and Cottonfields (Australia, Norway and Sweden).

And other sings like The Little Old Lady From Passadena and Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me, with Elton John (which both hit number 1 in Canada).

:wink:

Let me have another go and state that the misunderstanding is due to my less than precise original response.

I meant to say that all hits which were composed with a Beach Boy input were led by Brian and co-composed by either Mike Love, Peter Asher - Pet Sounds - or Van Dyke - SMiLE.

Brian had no input into Kokomo, the first number one Beach Boys composed song without Brian's input.

Incidentally, my Border Collie is named Wilson !
  • Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but administration is for businesses which are unable to pay their suppliers and employees because they've run out of cash. That is clearly not the case with Charlton.
    I am less sure.

Since CAFC runs a deficit every single month, and is already in debt to the tune of at least £58M, it essentially IS UNABLE TO PAY. It only pays because RD loans it money every month, at interest. But he is under NO legal requirement to do so. Even if he has several hundred million pounds himself, he has no requirement to use it to pay CAFC bills. The way I see it, CAFC only remains a going concern due to a monthly bailout by RD. Take that away, and it's tits up.

There are plenty of organizations that go bust even if their owners are rich. Is it likely in this case? probably not. But given this is RD we are talking about, I can't say it's zero.
    In business terms it would be the daftest thing he could do. If he wants to recoup any of his money it is worth most as a going concern.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!