Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Croatia

It’s coming home!

Comments

• Guess Croatia will be in their same kit as tonight seeing that their home version will clash with both of ours
  • Jeez

Another thread to get nervous about...

Just wanted to enjoy today without bricking it again !
  • Wednesday night. Bring it on.
  • Guess Croatia will be in their same kit as tonight seeing that their home version will clash with both of ours

They won't win back to back in the same kit. #lawofalternatingoutcomes
  • Rakitic says England are the best team left in the tournament in his post match interview (unless it was a dodgy translator)!

Mind games starting already?
  • Best team we'd have faced so far. Looking forward to the game. Will be a huge added bonus on top of an already successful tournament get past Croatia.
  • On paper they are about the same standard as Columbia I reckon - they get their foot in quite a lot as well (worst disciplinary record in the world cup) but not the same histrionics and faking.

• If they keep it together as they have so far, I'm personally very confident of stuffing the Croats in normal time

It IS coming (going) Home!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I should probably qualify that - i'm talking about more in an attacking sense- and including Rodriguez in the team - i'd say you take Modric out of the Croatia side and it would have the same impact.

I'd equate Mandzukic and Falcao at about the same level, Cuadrado and Peresic etc etc. Obviously Columbia not having James makes my point a bit moot but we weren't to know that when we were preparing to face them and any preparations we made to deal with James would be equally applicable to Modric.

I'd concede Croatia have the edge defensively but otherwise I stand by my post that they are about the same level.
  • Both sides fairly even imo. Not that it matters... It's coming home
  • Russia caused Croatia problems by running at them. We have the players to do that too only better. Henderson will need a very big game as their midfield if given time on the ball will hurt us.
  • We are in the pony half of the draw and we are less pony than them , it’s coming home !

Winner 35% ...... Runner up 40% ..... losing semi finalist 25% ...... It’s coming home , it’s fucking coming home , well with some luck in the final
  • Stop Modric. Stop Croatia.

Stop England. F*** knows!

Which I think we can all agree with a shame because their home kit is lovely

I fear this is where it ends for England. I think Croatia have one big performance left in them, and I don't think England are good enough to stifle them in midfield. But I think it could be an entertaining, open game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to be tough but we can certainly do it. Personally i thought that Croatia were probably the most impressive side i saw in the group stage, but since then they've been average, scraping through on pens against Denmark and Russia.
  • Going to be tough but we can certainly do it. Personally i thought that Croatia were probably the most impressive side i saw in the group stage, but since then they've been average, scraping through on pens against Denmark and Russia.

Hopefully they peaked too early, whereas I'm not sure we have.
  • We beat Croatia. France or Belgium are at another level but in a one off ......

It is indeed, by my reckoning and taking into account all of the dependent and independent variables, f*cking coming home!
  • edited July 2018
    We beat Belgium it’s the French I fear

Hopefully they peaked too early, whereas I'm not sure we have.
    Agreed - the confidence is growing game by game.

Also, I can't recall in my lifetime a England team that was fitter or stronger, both physically and mentally.
  • We beat Belgium it’s the French I fear

France bottled the Euro 2016 final in their own country, so no reason to think they wouldn't do it again.
  • Croatia v England is now a 50/50 game.

Fitness, recovery rates and sheer belief will count for so much now.

We need to negate Modric, and hope none of the England players freeze in the biggest game they may play in their careers.
    Hopefully the second biggest game in their careers.

For all the fantastic planning and leaving nothing to chance, England will need lady luck on their side on Wednesday.

This feels surreal !