Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Croatia

Comments

• We beat Belgium it’s the French I fear

You fear the french, get a grip.
    They have a very similar trait to us in this World Cup

I reckon we can beat Belgium easier than the French dogs

• SDAddick said:

Guess Croatia will be in their same kit as tonight seeing that their home version will clash with both of ours

Which I think we can all agree with a shame because their home kit is lovely

I fear this is where it ends for England. I think Croatia have one big performance left in them, and I don't think England are good enough to stifle them in midfield. But I think it could be an entertaining, open game.
    Disagree - think that Croatia have done their dash, and will be even more fatigued after yesterday.

Thought that we would beat Sweden comfortably, and we did, and think that we will deal with the Croatians in a similar manner.

Outside of when that Knobhead McClaren was in charge, we have a good record against them, and once more set-plays are going to be vital for us.

If we did make the final, then we would be big underdogs against either side, so we can play pressure off.
  • Croatia are going to be a much tougher proposition than Sweden, but I would give England a slight edge
  • I honestly don't see anything that doesn't make us big favourites against Croatia.
  • Croatia is another tough game but we can do it. I think they've already peaked at this World Cup and have struggled through their last two games.
  • I am firmly of the belief that Argentina were a poor side - which suggests to me that Croatia are not that great either!
  • Lets face it. At this stage it’s 50 / 50
  • I honestly don't see anything that doesn't make us big favourites against Croatia.

Modric?
  • edited July 2018

We beat Belgium it’s the French I fear

You fear the french, get a grip.
    They have a very similar trait to us in this World Cup

I reckon we can beat Belgium easier than the French dogs

We shouldn’t fear either. By that point we would be in the Final in what would be the most surreal outcome that none of us expected. We would have nothing to lose at that point
  • Sponsored links:

• Belgium are full of prem players so we’d know all about them. France have a few prem players but many of them can have off days and on days where they’re absolutely unstoppable (pogba, giroud) and a couple of great players our players wouldn’t have come up against (griesmann and mbappe).

Definitely prefer to play Belgium.

Gotta get past the Croats though.
  • JaShea99 said:

I honestly don't see anything that doesn't make us big favourites against Croatia.

Modric?
    They have one almost world class player, two or three very decent players and the rest are average. I expect us to beat them.
  • JaShea99 said:

I honestly don't see anything that doesn't make us big favourites against Croatia.

Modric?
    They have one almost world class player, two or three very decent players and the rest are average. I expect us to beat them.
    So do I, but I’d say that’s at least one reason we’re not ‘big’ favourites.
  • JaShea99 said:

Modric?
    I think that’s being a bit disrespectful to quite a few of their players.

Before this tournament I would have put at least 5 of their players into our side. Going to be very close and I wouldn’t be surprised if we are beaten
  • Modric looked knackard at the end of 90 mins by ET he was shot his pen was that of a man of low energy reserves

We will beat Croatia 3-1

I want us the play Belgium in the final
  • edited July 2018
    No team has really stood out in this tournament. Some have had great individual games or had great individual player performances, but no-one has been consistently good or looked unbeatable. For example Belgium and France look strong, and are clear favourites out of who's left. But theyhave also rode their luck. Belgium were excellent against Brazil, but still needed a lot of luck which went their way.

Do I expect us to beat Crotia? No.
    Do I think we can? Yes, most definitely.
    Do I think We'll win the World Cup? No.
    Do I think we can win it? Yes, most definitely.
  • JaShea99 said:

Modric?
    I think that’s being a bit disrespectful to quite a few of their players.
    Indeed. Players being less famous doesn't make them less able.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croatia really impressed ne when they demolished Argentina and at that point, I thought they were the team to beat. Since then, they haven’t been entirely convinvincing so we’re in with a chance. They’re a group of talented individuals who play for some of the finest clubs in Europe. But their heartbeat is Modric. Stop him and I think we’ll do it #ComeOnEngland
  • edited July 2018

We will be in the final and when there we will win the World Cup

that’s the bottom line cos NLA said so

He also said Putin would see to it that Russia were finalists. ;0)

• No I said putin would screw England in the semi final
  • Modric was shocking yesterday
  • JaShea99 said:

Modric?
    How would you categorise our players? - prob the same?
  • Modric was shocking yesterday

Agreed.

Didn’t know he was that good!
  • If you’d have said to me this time 3 weeks ago we’d be in the semi finals, I’d have had a hard time getting my head around it. Cannot believe we’re here

Watched the Croatia game last night. We can beat them, they can beat us. They haven’t been as free flowing since they dismantled the argies. They’ve needed pens to get through both their knockout games.

This is a huge week. Might be the biggest week of my life, ever
  • Croatia, knackered lot, no worries. Then Belgium or France shit themselves/lose the plott on big occasion, England have one more tragedy in them, I reckon it's going in with Blatter and Platini