Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

play off semi-final dates

edited April 2018 in General Charlton
does anyone know when these are likely to be,just in case.

Comments

• edited April 2018
    They have not been announced yet. My best guess is Thursday 10th & Sunday 13th May.

I've got tickets to see Spear of Destiny on the 13th, which I may have to miss.
  • They normally happen straight after the end of the season, so should be 1st leg midweek following 5 May and 2nd leg the following weekend.
  • Play off final date is 27th May, I fly from Gatwick at 9am on a 9 hr flight with no Internet.

Complete knob.

Booked 4 ST holders on Same holiday.

dont worry if we get there we will still be taking penalties when you land
  • clb74 said:

Dont be selfish just book your holiday Bert

was trying to fly out between last game and final without missing semi-finals should we get there
  • If you can just give us your addresses now we know your away
  • plenty other people here,thats why i want to get away
  • Sponsored links:

• Play off final date is 27th May, I fly from Gatwick at 9am on a 9 hr flight with no Internet.

Complete knob.

Booked 4 ST holders on Same holiday.

I may have mentioned it on another thread but the play off final coincides with my holiday too. The thought of possibly missing Charlton at Wembley is a killer.....
  • Off to Jamaica on the 14th, back on the 25th. Hopefully timed just right.
  • Still astounds me people taking holidays during the football season. A bit like people arranging weddings during this period too. You don't have my sympathies as you've only got yourself to blame.

I thought we’d go up automatically so didn’t think the play offs would be an issue
    Also it’s school half term and there’s a test match on at Lords !
  • Play off semi dates aren't really announced until very late on. It will depend entirely on the teams that are in them across all three divisions. It's all worked out with precision, exactly how Sky wants it so they get as many people watching as possible.
  • 2017/18:

Last game of the season - 5th May
    Play off first leg -
    Play off second leg -
    Play off final - 27th May

2016/17:

Last game of the season - 30th April
    Play off first leg - both 4th May
    Play off second leg - both 7th May
    Play off final - 20th May

2015/16:

Last game of the season - 8th May
    Play off first leg - 14th & 15th May
    Play off second leg - 19th & 20th May
    Play off final - 29th May

2014/15:

Last game of the season - 3rd May
    Play off first leg - both 7th May
    Play off second leg - 10th & 11th May
    Play off final - 24th May

Based on the last three seasons, the semi final legs could be any date this year between 9th May and 18th May.
  • The only one of those I can't make is Thursday 10th May.
    Friday 11th is all set to be a fairly stressful day, so a game on Sat 12th would be ideal.
  • clb74
    clb74 said:
    clb74
    April 1
    If you can just give us your addresses now we know your away

• Sponsored links:

• Still astounds me people taking holidays during the football season. A bit like people arranging weddings during this period too. You don't have my sympathies as you've only got yourself to blame.

Or be sensible, and marry a Charlton fan at the end of May. So if the unlikely scenario of a play off final does occur on the date, it's a bonus...
  • clb74

clb74 said:
    clb74
    April 1
    If you can just give us your addresses now we know your away

Back of the net.

Bore off Golfie.

What if your wedding's in the southern hemisphere? What is 'the football season' then?

Anyway, you went skiing with me during the football season and we missed an away win at Walsall, remember?
    but we did manage to watch it on Sky though....... :smile:
  • In Mexico for the final should we get there.
    The way I have to look at it is although it would be a missed trip to Wembley my club will have better days out in the future :wink:
  • Bump
  • Damn it, my mate specifically avoided dates for Spurs Champions league. I didn't even think at the time (January) I go Vegas 6th May for 1 week, still not the worst place ;)

Hopefully back for the 2nd leg & Wembley!
  • Away from the 4-14th of May, so may miss one or both of the semis but back in time for the final!
  • I always make a point of booking holiday/weddings/births/funerals on the exact dates of the playoffs for the division Charlton are in.