Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

play off semi-final dates

Comments

• Options
    bbob said:

Charlton and Plymouth would have to contest a play-off match at a neutral ground to determine who finishes sixth, if the Addicks were to lose 4-0 at Rochdale and Argyle were to win 2-0 at Gillingham.

This would make the clubs’ points tallies, goal difference, goals scored and head-to-head records identical. The play-off match would most likely be contested on Monday, May 7th or Tuesday, May 8th.

we haven't done this all season - worst was the 4-1 at Peterborough when the scouse numpty was in charge. Under Bowyer we've only let in 4 goals in his 9 matches in charge & we've kept 3 clean sheets on the bounce. I'll eat my hat if we let in more than 2, and Plymouth's goalscoring away from home is 2nd worse in the division. It ain't going to happen.
  • Options

HandG said:

Play off final date is 27th May, I fly from Gatwick at 9am on a 9 hr flight with no Internet.

Complete knob.

Booked 4 ST holders on Same holiday.

I may have mentioned it on another thread but the play off final coincides with my holiday too. The thought of possibly missing Charlton at Wembleymy holiday and my wife and kids is a killer.....
    Found out today I've been invited to a christening on 27th. Didn't mention to the wife the possibility of Wembley that day, she would have flagged I was at Wembley the week before watching Bromley. She probably thinks its the same thing.
  • Options
    25May98 said:

kimbo said:

On 25/5 I get my gallbladder out. Keyhole surgery but never react well to anaesthetic. Will I be fit enough for the final at Wembley?

2-3 pints in you'll be wondering what all the worrying was about. Of course you'll be fine.
    Don’t drink :(
  • Options
    If I was Bowyer I would be tempted to rest Kashi or JFC and Pearce
  • Options

If I was Bowyer I would be tempted to rest Kashi or JFC and Pearce

Would definitely look at benching those a small handful of those who are tired, give those chomping at the bit a chance to impress and try to stake a claim for the play-off semi's if we are to make it (touch wood). Pearce could be crucial.
  • Options
    Assuming we make it and assuming it is Shrews...

Am I right in saying we would get 1,796 tickets for Shrews away. Peoples views on these ending up on general sale (I.e. I am not a season ticket holder and will not have bought enough away tickets through the club to qualify as I tend to buy on the door instead). Sunday with 5.15 kick off may dampen the rush I guess ?
  • Options

Assuming we make it and assuming it is Shrews...

Am I right in saying we would get 1,796 tickets for Shrews away. Peoples views on these ending up on general sale (I.e. I am not a season ticket holder and will not have bought enough away tickets through the club to qualify as I tend to buy on the door instead). Sunday with 5.15 kick off may dampen the rush I guess ?

Seems a good day & time to me. Better than the other tie when the away leg is an evening k/o during midweek Not too late & should be home well before midnight, but then again I'm a car driver.
  • Options
    The EFL must be pretty certain that we aren't going to win & Scunny aren't going to lose on sat otherwise their plans are fooked.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

The EFL must be pretty certain that we aren't going to win & Scunny aren't going to lose on sat otherwise their plans are fooked.

Not at all.

It's only Rotherham that must play in the League One B slot and since they can only finish 4th or 5th, there's no issue with putting these dates out now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bbob said:

Charlton and Plymouth would have to contest a play-off match at a neutral ground to determine who finishes sixth, if the Addicks were to lose 4-0 at Rochdale and Argyle were to win 2-0 at Gillingham.

This would make the clubs’ points tallies, goal difference, goals scored and head-to-head records identical. The play-off match would most likely be contested on Monday, May 7th or Tuesday, May 8th.

Not going to happen, we will be in the play offs its just 5th or 6th, 80% chance 6th, 20% 5th,
  • Options
    I Know this is way down the line, but how hard do we think playoff final tickets will be get hold off? (If we get there)
  • Options
    Not hard at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Not hard at all.

Particularly as any of the teams we would be playing would struggle to get 15,000 supporters in the ground. I reckon we could get 50,000 tickets if we wanted them (not that we would).
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I Know this is way down the line, but how hard do we think playoff final tickets will be get hold off? (If we get there)

extremely easy would imagine we would get an allocation of at least 25,000
  • Options

extremely easy would imagine we would get an allocation of at least 25,000
    that wont be nearly enough, seeing as all the protesting stayaways will suddenly crawl out of the woodwork & want a ticket.
  • Options
    Really hope I go to the away fixture of the play off. I’ve had a free season ticket this season but have had to give it back now as the league season is over at home.

Any idea how it’ll work getting tickets for the away leg?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Really hope I go to the away fixture of the play off. I’ve had a free season ticket this season but have had to give it back now as the league season is over at home.

Last man standing in the Makros car park.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    How long do Registry Office weddings last? My sister has part one on the 12th at Woolwich at 11.45. Just asking for my other half, I've got no chance.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I've trawled thru' this thread but can't see anywhere where it's mentioned what positions constitute play-off semi A and play off semi B? Anyone any idea if semis A = 3rd v 6th and semis B = 4th v 5th?? Or hasn't that been decided yet!?
    Oops - ignore: just seen this!: https://www.efl.com/news/2018/may/play-offs-semi-final-dates-announced/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

How long do Registry Office weddings last? My sister has part one on the 12th at Woolwich at 11.45. Just asking for my other half, I've got no chance.

Only been to one but we were in and out in 30 minutes.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    Quite fortunate that all the other teams are northern and have an average size following. If we get there I would like to think we would double all the others clubs ticket sales.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

My brother got married at Bromley registry office last year. From recollection, I would say about an hour an a half in total including drinks on arrival, half an hour formalities and then half an hour taking photos etc.

If he's not likely to be an integral part of the photos then he might be able to slide off after an hour.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

I've trawled thru' this thread but can't see anywhere where it's mentioned what positions constitute play-off semi A and play off semi B? Anyone any idea if semis A = 3rd v 6th and semis B = 4th v 5th?? Or hasn't that been decided yet!?
    Oops - ignore: just seen this!: https://www.efl.com/news/2018/may/play-offs-semi-final-dates-announced/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/may/play-offs-semi-final-dates-announced/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Also read the play offs thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    SX_Addick said:

Without wishing to get ahead of ourselves, do we know the kick off time of the play off final at Wembley? I understand it was / is scheduled for 8:00pm on Sunday 26 May.

It's supposed to be 3pm on Sunday 27th May, but I suppose it could be changed. See the link I posted at 2.23pm.
  • Options

SX_Addick said:

Without wishing to get ahead of ourselves, do we know the kick off time of the play off final at Wembley? I understand it was / is scheduled for 8:00pm on Sunday 26 May.

It's supposed to be 3pm on Sunday 27th May, but I suppose it could be changed.
    Think I might have been looking at previous years dates.
  • Options

SX_Addick said:

It's supposed to be 3pm on Sunday 27th May, but I suppose it could be changed. See the link I posted at 2.23pm.
    I can't see why it would be changed, there are no security/police issues, and I can't see Sky wanting to change the time either
  • Options
    Sage said:

probably the same for any restricted sale this season:

1) Valley Gold
    2) Season ticket holders
    3) No. of aways purchased via CAFC (criteria then set by club)
    4) Open sale