Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• 1StevieG said:

Anyone know the Newcastle stoke result last night?

Tomorrow isn't it..? ;)
  • Hughes gone now surely
  • Hughes gone now surely

Hopefully. Can't stand the bloke. Arrogant prick, always got an excuse, nothing's ever his fault.
  • edited January 2018
    CLUB STATEMENT: Stoke City can confirm that the contract of manager Mark Hughes has been terminated with immediate effect.
  • Damn him ruining my predictions for the prediction cup!
  • edited January 2018
    It’ll be alright should Hughes take over as West Brom boss - when the current incumbent continues to fuck things up there.
    Hey ho - the Premier League manager merry-go-round …
  • Was he the longest serving manager for any club in the PL after Wenger?
  • Sponsored links:

• Eddie Howe I would have thought, probably with Sean Dyche not far behind.
  • MrLargo said:

Eddie Howe I would have thought, probably with Sean Dyche not far behind.

Yeah Hughes would of come after Wenger,Howe and Dyche
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Premier_League_and_English_Football_League_managers
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42613064

It looks like Karanka will get the Forest job. The merry-go-round continues!
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42613064

It looks like Karanka will get the Forest job. The merry-go-round continues!

Forest's 10th manager since 2011.
  • And some say we can't get rid of KR because who would we attract next. Plenty out there I'd say & most don't care what job they take once sacked.
  • And some say we can't get rid of KR because who would we attract next. Plenty out there I'd say & most don't care what job they take once sacked.

If the Charlton job came vacant, there would be plenty of applicants, even when RD and Katrien were at their worst.

It's a job, it's money, there are far more unemployed managers than vacancies, and if you don't get back in quickly, the worry for all managers is being forgotten/written off as past it.

If the Charlton job came vacant, there would be plenty of applicants, even when RD and Katrien were at their worst.

It's a job, it's money, there are far more unemployed managers than vacancies, and if you don't get back in quickly, the worry for all managers is being forgotten/written off as past it.
    Probably because most knew they'd sign a 2-3 year deal and be sacked/get a pay off within a few months!

Probably because most knew they'd sign a 2-3 year deal and be sacked/get a pay off within a few months!
    Absolutely, and that applies to most other clubs as well, with the average job expectancy now barely more than a year
  • Gary Rowett looks set to sign a new deal @ Derby so can rule him out of the Stoke job (Good!!)

Although did read that Graham Potter (Ostersunds) wanted the job so why not give him a shot here
  • Bury have sacked their Manager this morning...
  • Sponsored links:

Not a massive surprise, but always a bit sad.

Nail in the coffin losing to Charlton.

I have never been so offend in my life. No manager should ever be sacked after playing in their cup final.

Nail in the coffin losing to Charlton.
    I remember the old days when it was managers of "big clubs" who got sacked after a defeat to Charlton...
    Mildly interesting side-topic. I can remember Mark Kinsella earning us a draw at home to Newcastle in the FA Cup which prompted Kevin Keegan to resign. That fixture also started off my dislike of Alan Shearer.

Other than that, I feel like we usually turn up a week after the sacking and have to deal with the potential new manager bounce, sometimes successfully - away to Spurs in Martin Jols first game, won 3-2 - and sometimes unsuccessfully - lost 1-0 to Blackburn in the ultimately-useless Brian Kidd's first game in charge.
  • Chris Hutchings at Bradford got sacked after we beat them, if I remember rightly.
  • JamesSeed said:

Bury have sacked their Manager this morning...

He was only manager there for 2 months.
    But then, his team played with an air of a relegation side.

Directors there rolling the dice 1 last time, hoping their 3rd manager of the season can pull off a miracle - already Bury 12 points behind safety.

• Oggy Red said:

JamesSeed said:

Bury have sacked their Manager this morning...

He was only manager there for 2 months.
    But then, his team played with an air of a relegation side.

Directors there rolling the dice 1 last time, hoping their 3rd manager of the season can pull off a miracle - already Bury 12 points behind safety.

Including his pre season time with us, Ajose has so far this season worked for 3 permanent managers plus a caretaker, with a 4th coming up!
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42689053

Lambert to Stoke. Reasonable appointment - did okay at Wolves, Blackburn and Villa despite boardroom dramas and mismanagement in the background.

Just read his Wikipedia page, didn't realise he was Wycombe manager when the knocked us out of the League Cup.
  • MrLargo said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42689053

Lambert to Stoke. Reasonable appointment - did okay at Wolves, Blackburn and Villa despite boardroom dramas and mismanagement in the background.

Just read his Wikipedia page, didn't realise he was Wycombe manager when the knocked us out of the League Cup.

Go tell that to the delusional Stoke fans!!

Can you believe they are talking about protests and that Coates must go?