Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

The spivs were ambitious, look where that got us!

The Belgians are unambitious, look at where that has got us.
    No where near administration though mate!
    We did not go into administration.

They also had the nous to give the job to Powell and then give him the money to secure 100 points and 100 goals to get promoted to the Championship.

You'll never learn mate, I can feel a flag coming on.
    And why didn't we go into administration?

Go on admit, go on say it, cos Roland's money prevented it!! (I feel another spin coming on!)

Let's get Powell back and see if he'll play all our Aussie imports shall we!
    Because Roland bought us, if someone lent me money to stop me going bankrupt would not mean they could pull my pants down and shaft me for 3 years after
    Boom boom boom, knockout blow from Rosie!
    Wayooooooo
  • edited April 2017
    razil said:

Bit of a wild idea but perhaps a consortium is an opportunity for the fans to get a stake in the club

Wow! We could be the next Mysterons. :smiley:
  • razil said:

Bit of a wild idea but perhaps a consortium is an opportunity for the fans to get a stake in the club

Not a bad shout!
    Obviously they're open to a lot of investors and the webpage suggests that there could be further funding/option to shareholders if there was success
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

The spivs were ambitious, look where that got us!

The Belgians are unambitious, look at where that has got us.
    No where near administration though mate!
    We did not go into administration.

They also had the nous to give the job to Powell and then give him the money to secure 100 points and 100 goals to get promoted to the Championship.

You'll never learn mate, I can feel a flag coming on.
    And why didn't we go into administration?

Go on admit, go on say it, cos Roland's money prevented it!! (I feel another spin coming on!)

Let's get Powell back and see if he'll play all our Aussie imports shall we!
    Because Roland bought us, if someone lent me money to stop me going bankrupt would not mean they could pull my pants down and shaft me for 3 years after
    For £50 million, a monthly roggering would probably be written into your repayments, so don't take out a loan Tone! :wink:
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Henry / Al, take the side show offline or elsewhere please chaps, ta

And Al, remember to message him rather than write it on his profile page.
    Great bit of moderation by myself there
    I just learnt you can't flag a moderator - liberty!
  • sammy391 said:

I don't like this at all...especially the "plans to turn it into Australia's Football Club"...risk of changing names/the valley/kit etc?

I read that as making Charlton the (Premier league) team that everyone in Australia supports... bit like how Leicester are "Thailands team"!
    That's not really true.
  • Essex_Al said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

I just learnt you can't flag a moderator - liberty!
    Surprised you only have 32!
  • edited April 2017
    Uboat said:

Greenie said:

Fuck me, we have not even been taken over by these people, that we know nothing about, and yet people on here are crapping themselves already, it's so bloody embarrassing, it really is!
    You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Not having that. If anyone should be suspicious of new owners it's us.
    I remember those who doubted Roland getting a similar response.
    Anyway, you took about two and a half years to see the light regarding Roland so your credibility is not particularly high in this area.
    Totally agree. We've been burnt so are and should be sceptical.
    Yes it's one article on potential new owners but it makes them sound like another bunch of chancers so hardly surprising people on here express that view.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

Yes, if they have a UK passport and have the right to move to the UK.
    They don't seem to have thought this through do they? Getting work permits for footballers is by no means straightforward. This (I hope it's up to date) explains it: only non-EEA players who are internationally established at the highest level, and whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level, are allowed to play in the UK.

It's difficult to see how that includes young Aussie players at the start of their career.
    They may have UK ancestry which helps
    Wasn't there an Australian with British ancestry that bought Swansea a number of years ago ? I remember Swansea supporters wanting to lynch him. Until we know all the facts, it's difficult to assess the merits/non merits of this proposed takeover.

• Really hoping there may be something in this as others have said even if it opens the market up to buyers/investors with the audacity to run a football club in the correct professional & competitive way in fact anyone but who we have now...we can but pray...!!

Anyways....i can't believe that nobody has put THAT gif on this thread yet...!!,
    You know the one...!!! (& it's not the Michael one)
  • Can see it now...CAAFC-Coalition against Australia football consortium. Protests over there will be a darn sight more enjoyable than rainy Belgium, mind.
  • Just had a tip off on our prospective new CEO;
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Nobody noticed, however if i_b_b_o_r_g had done it.................
    Nah, he'd just look into it.
  • I just hope it's a case we are overly worried and things won't be as bad.
  • I just hope it's a case we are overly worried and things won't be as bad.

As bad as what? No one knows fuck all to be fair. Its post after post of speculation.

• cafcfan said:

Yes, if they have a UK passport and have the right to move to the UK.
    They don't seem to have thought this through do they? Getting work permits for footballers is by no means straightforward. This (I hope it's up to date) explains it: only non-EEA players who are internationally established at the highest level, and whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level, are allowed to play in the UK.

It's difficult to see how that includes young Aussie players at the start of their career.
    They may have UK ancestry which helps
    Wasn't there an Australian with British ancestry that bought Swansea a number of years ago ? I remember Swansea supporters wanting to lynch him. Until we know all the facts, it's difficult to assess the merits/non merits of this proposed takeover.
    Yes - Tony Petty at Swansea - nearly killed the club.
  • By the way this idea of Charlton being used as a feeder club is mostly horse shit - it is not that easy!

Australia is a foreign country - so unless the young player has a U.K. passport (like Harry Kewelll) then they can't just come and play - Mark Viduka would not have been able to play for Charlton at 18.

Brexit makes it even trickier because a young Aussie with - for example - a Greek or Italian passport might have been able to work in the U.K. previously but very likely not post Brexit.

Plus - are Aussie players even that good? Er, no!

You are talking about players who are largely Championship level - you get the odd star like Kewell or Cahill but it's mostly bang average players like Luke Wilshere and Matt McKay.

We have a young Aussie goalie in our academy right now. Doesn't seem to be causing issues.
    Yes - because he has a UK passport.

Their current best players - Robbie Kruse, Tom Rogic and Matt Leckie - don't.
    The rules for non-EU footballers have been stringent for some time (remember our attempts to sign Bolanos), and many Australian footballers have come from an immigrant background, so many have had access to EU passports.

This access would, in any event, reduce for future talent, as they may not have the right to such a passport. (It remains likely that access for EU players would be easier).

Young, otherwise undiscovered, Australian players will not meet the criteria for work permits, as they currently stand, without another form of access. It is even less likely in the future, with the strict points-based system that some propose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just when it started looking brighter...another grenade gets thrown into the mix...will it ever end...!!!,

Cheeky DucttapefuckingTwat will want his name on one of the stands next...!!!
  • That b*astard has fcuked us....he'll take our ground and redevelop it
  • Posting without reading any other comments.

This looks dodgy as fuck to me, but it's from the Daily Mail so I'll take it with a pinch of salt for now
  • Uboat said:

vff said:

Reading on Twitter, suggestion that Duchatelet wants to retain ownership of the Valley & lease it to the Aussies. Appalling if true. That's not getting our clubback. Charlton won't prosper until Duchatelet is gone. Charlton bird in Duchatelet's gilded cage like St Truiden. FFS.

Agree. That would be a fucking disaster.
    If I could play Devil's Advocate...

If Roland has managed to successfully do anything at Charlton it is to revitalise the stadium and pitch that was in desperate need of it. Granted the undersoil heating is not actually connected to a boiler, but for the most part the stadium is in a better place.

It is the football side of things, and how he, as an owner, and his staff, as senior managers, have treated the fans that has brought about the ire of the fans. We want Roland out, but if the club is sold at a discount to someone who is much better at the football side of things, at the cost of paying Roland rent, then is that at least a step forward? At the very least, Daisy would be very much out of the picture.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!