Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Going back to the angle of getting the best young Aussie players, it is not like Charlton would have that whole market locked down - there would still be competition for these players.
  • Would also explain why the price has dropped so low.
  • From what I've read, this is far from done and dusted. I ask myself, who leaked the story to the Mail. Was it CAFC? Is this a ruse to get other bids onto the table?
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

The spivs were ambitious, look where that got us!

The Belgians are unambitious, look at where that has got us.
    No where near administration though mate!
    Typical hater. Why not stop slagging the club off for once and get behind the team.

People like you making the club toxic are not really fans. You'd rather see the club die than back the new owners.

(This is irony btw Essex)
    Henry, you get funnier and funnier (This is irony btw)

Anything for a few more loll's from the little lambs eh!

If this takeover does happen, let's hope its not a case of out of the frying pan!
  • _MrDick said:

From what I've read, this is far from done and dusted. I ask myself, who leaked the story to the Mail. Was it CAFC? Is this a ruse to get other bids onto the table?

A kangaruse

Thats good, I see what you did there. ;)
  • Why are people so negative about this? There are a lot of rumours included and a lot of detail to be found out. However they have an ambitious objective of getting us back in the Premier League. If it includes a lot of Aussies and we get a lot of publicity in Australia then I don't see a problem.
  • redman said:

Why are people so negative about this? There are a lot of rumours included and a lot of detail to be found out. However they have an ambitious objective of getting us back in the Premier League. If it includes a lot of Aussies and we get a lot of publicity in Australia then I don't see a problem.

Talk is cheap!
  • Can’t see how this’ll get Charlton’s identity back.

I hate the words ‘networking’ and ‘feeder’ when it comes to football - no matter whether top of the stack or bottom - the same limiting principle is at stake.

There is a great big World out there and we need the best players available at the price we can afford - and certainly not just a stop gap Belgian, Aussie or available network player who happens to be kicking his heels.

If the deal goes through I hope the new owners realise the hurt right here in SE7. That hurt needs to be addressed before any wild claims of ‘Australia’s football club’ are promoted.
  • Sponsored links:

• I really wouldn't speculate too much about The Valley based on that. It's clearly a placed piece, and I doubt there was any attempt to deliberately muddy the waters.
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Typical hater. Why not stop slagging the club off for once and get behind the team.

People like you making the club toxic are not really fans. You'd rather see the club die than back the new owners.

(This is irony btw Essex)
    Henry, you get funnier and funnier (This is irony btw)

Anything for a few more loll's from the little lambs eh!

If this takeover does happen, let's hope its not a case of out of the frying pan!
    Better the devil you know eh Al?
  • Has it happened ? Loads of fireworks going off in Greenwich :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

We did not go into administration.

They also had the nous to give the job to Powell and then give him the money to secure 100 points and 100 goals to get promoted to the Championship.

You'll never learn mate, I can feel a flag coming on.
    And why didn't we go into administration?

Go on admit, go on say it, cos Roland's money prevented it!! (I feel another spin coming on!)

Let's get Powell back and see if he'll play all our Aussie imports shall we!
  • They intend to make back their investment by getting us back into the premier league. That can't be a bad thing.

Thing is. It's not going to be "their" investment. The five year blueprint will need backing by other investors. Notoriously hard getting into the PL without huge luck (Palace) or huge investment. I can't see many "investors" out there likely to gamble.

As for the feeder club. What's not to cautiously like. Plenty of talent in Oz. First dibs on the cream could be very good.

I'm betting this won't eventually fly.

Do they own any clubs in Oz ? If not how are they going to push the best of the toungsters to us ?
    I doubt many Aussie clubs would stand in the way of young talent. If a ready pathway to an English professional club exists then it's not going to be a problem. There would need to be a good scouting network by AFC but I expect they know that already.

I'm sure that all of the top premier clubs have some scouting network out there. Man City or Charlton take your choice son :smiley:
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Henry / Al, take the side show offline or elsewhere please chaps, ta

And Al, remember to message him rather than write it on his profile page.
    Great bit of moderation by myself there
    Nobody noticed, however if i_b_b_o_r_g had done it.................
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

We did not go into administration.

They also had the nous to give the job to Powell and then give him the money to secure 100 points and 100 goals to get promoted to the Championship.

You'll never learn mate, I can feel a flag coming on.
    And why didn't we go into administration?

Go on admit, go on say it, cos Roland's money prevented it!! (I feel another spin coming on!)

Let's get Powell back and see if he'll play all our Aussie imports shall we!
    Because Roland bought us, if someone lent me money to stop me going bankrupt would not mean they could pull my pants down and shaft me for 3 years after
    Boom boom boom, knockout blow from Rosie!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!