Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gig spy

The Cure, Wembley arena last week 10/10. Superb, no different to 30 years ago. 2 hrs 40. One of the best ever.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers O2 Monday. Excellent 8/10.

Biffy Clyro O2 tonight . Brilliant. 9/10. If you like Oasis/Kasabian they're nearly up there. Mosh pit mental.

Comments

• edited December 2016
    The Manfred's at Poole Arts Centre last week.
    Not just a plastic 60's hits show, these guys can p!ay a bit and amazingly still have their voices .
    The once baby faced Mike D'Abo now really looking his age, but Paul Jones is still impossibly fit and handsome. He's blinking 74 years old ( as were most of the audience lol).
    Great show
  • The Popguns, The Islington. 7/10.

Couple of good new songs and a couple of old, a few songs that weren't my favourites.

Company 5/10.

• Guns n Roses. Wembley Stadium. 80's/90's sometime.
    Blinding

Couple of good new songs and a couple of old, a few songs that weren't my favourites.

Company 5/10.

Jeez!

I must have seen them in about 1989 - the drummer from The Wedding Present joined them I recall..
  • The Cure, Wembley arena last week 10/10. Superb, no different to 30 years ago. 2 hrs 40. One of the best ever.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers O2 Monday. Excellent 8/10.

Biffy Clyro O2 tonight . Brilliant. 9/10. If you like Oasis/Kasabian they're nearly up there. Mosh pit mental.

Fulfilled a ~10 year dream and saw the Chilli Peppers at Leeds festival this year. Was pretty amazing and they played my favourite song (Wet Sand) which I didn't think they'd do in a million years so that was a 10/10 from me.

Getting out of Leeds Festival by festival bus was one of the worst things I've ever experienced though and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I'd relive the 0-0 vs MK Dons at the valley last season 1000 times before I went through that again.
  • forgot biffy were on last night, was at indig02 for a white collar boxing even literally left as the 02 emptied was a fucking nightmare also £25.00 to park is a complete joke.
  • Secret Affair last Fridaym 9/10

Brian Wilson at Royal Albert Hall, don't know as I forgot the date and missed it by a month.....
  • Thunder - Hammersmith Apollo. March 2015

The most underrated live band in the UK. Superb.

They're back there in March. Highly recommend it
  • A 'gig' of sorts. Plenty of acoustic folk stuff, as well as dancing.
    Blackheath Morris Men's Boxing Day Tour. Pubs around Blackheath.
    blackheathmorris.com/Blackheath_Morris_Men/Diary.html

Did you see Malcolm the Morrisman? :smiley:

Brian Wilson at Royal Albert Hall, don't know as I forgot the date and missed it by a month.....

Secret Affair, didn't realise they were still going. Is it the original line up?
  • Sponsored links:

• forgot biffy were on last night, was at indig02 for a white collar boxing even literally left as the 02 emptied was a fucking nightmare also £25.00 to park is a complete joke.

I always park at B&Q and jump on the bus
  • Off to see Super Furry's tonight at the roundhouse. Love the venue and only time i've seen them before I was on another planet at Glastonbury so hoping to remember more than one song...
  • Going to see Richard Ashcroft at the O2 tonight, will report back.

Company 5/10.

It doesn't count as a proper gig.

I thought the company was 10/10.

Park and pay in the North Greenwich car park before 7pm & it's £11. £6 on Sundays I think.

Also pay in advance by dash & then you just drive in & and out on reg number recognition.

ukparking.dashcardservices.com

Secret Affair, didn't realise they were still going. Is it the original line up?
    I think it is. Being a Skinhead and not a Mod they wasn't a band I knew really but I did enjoy it.

• Oakster said:

The Popguns, The Islington. 7/10.

Company 5/10.

Jeez!

I must have seen them in about 1989 - the drummer from The Wedding Present joined them I recall..
    Shaun Charman, he did yes. He left in 91 I think. Same line up with a new drummer at the moment. They didn't play for about ten years but released a new album two years ago and another out soon.

Playing at the moment in Lewes.

• Black Peaches at Electowertz in Islington last night 8/10 but would be higher if they had more songs to choose from!

Their album is bloody brilliant.
  • Boxer Rebellion at The Haunt in Brighton last Tuesday 8/10
  • Super furries at roundhouse last night. Loved it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Getting a drink is a nightmare though, Charltonesque like.
  • edited December 2016
  • Macronate said:

Ashcroft, his band and the orchestra were absolutely brilliant. Blew me away.

Did Lucky Man, Drugs Don't Work and Bittersweet and so pleased he did History which was blinding.

Couldn't recommend seeing him enough.

O2 is a cracking venue if you're standing.

See some good reviews on my Facebook this morning. His bassist, Damon Minchella is on my friends list and he's been tagged in the photos and reviews
  • edited December 2016

Secret Affair last Fridaym 9/10

Secret Affair are still going? I saw them a few times in 1979, the last being at the May 7th recording of the Mods Mayday '79 live album at The Bridge House, Canning Town. If you got a copy, you can see me in one of the pictures on the back cover - I'm the only long-haired biker in a see of short-haired mods.

Secret Affair are still going? I saw them a few times in 1979, the last being at the May 7th recording of the Mods Mayday '79 live album at The Bridge House, Canning Town. If you got a copy, you can see me in one of the pictures on the back cover - I'm the only long-haired biker in a see of short-haired mods.
    You got brown hair?

You got brown hair?
    Nearly black at the time. Are you saying you've got a copy of the album? I regret not getting one when it came out.

For those interested, in the top left picture showing Secret Affair, my then girlfriend is the blonde on the left and I'm the mass of hair next to her. For those not interest, don't bother looking.

Park and pay in the North Greenwich car park before 7pm & it's £11. £6 on Sundays I think.

Also pay in advance by dash & then you just drive in & and out on reg number recognition.

ukparking.dashcardservices.com
    Or park a bit away and walk, or get public transport. Their charges are outrageous and, like Roland, they don't get a penny of my money.

You got brown hair?
    Nearly black at the time. Are you saying you've got a copy of the album? I regret not getting one when it came out.

For those interested, in the top left picture showing Secret Affair, my then girlfriend is the blonde on the left and I'm the mass of hair next to her. For those not interest, don't bother looking.
    Yeah, like brownie black