Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

When did you start having doubts about RD?

Obivously a lot of you had doubts the moment the news broke on him. For me, when he bought us, I was initially very happy. It seemed for the first time since the prem days, we had financial stability.

The first inklings that he might be an oddball were via CL, with people sharing news on some of his antics at Standard Liege, and the fans opposition to him there. I just thought thats a one off and it wont happen here. How wrong I was!

I continued to give him the benefit of the doubt until last season, the Karel Fraeye debacle made it clear to me he had no idea about football, or what is best for Charlton.

Comments

• Um not keeping Riga on seemed a bit odd. Transfer window before peeters not good. Peeters being sacked for Luzon. That sort of time for me.

Wasn't actively supporting charlton when Powell was sacked so wasn't aware of goings on at that time.
  • I work for a Belgian Company with a lot of Standard Liege fans - I would say my happiness at the news lasted all of 5 minutes. Have been sceptical since day one.
  • Sponsored links:

• As soon as I heard he owned five other clubs.
  • MrLargo said:

Selling Yann, when I knew that Yann didn't want to go. Conclusive proof was the sacking of Powell.

Not really enjoyed a game since - defeats have become less and less painful, wins less and less satisfying.

he shouldn't have refused to play thus triggering another year on his contract.

as much as i loved Yann, it was all about the money.
  • Honestly, the moment I saw Thuram play.
  • Thurum set the alarm bells ringing.
  • Just before he took us over when we'd heard about who he was.

I spend a lot of my time researching into mostly foreign Clubs and know a lot about dodgy owners and the effect they can have on a Club. Something didn't sit right with what I'd read about RD, it was about business and about financial estate and he quite obviously didn't like to be told what he was doing doesn't work.. All was out there on t'internet from his former/current Clubs elsewhere.

Heartbreaking when there's nothing you can do!
  • Sponsored links:

• As soon as he sold Yann and Stephens, probably before that even.
  • Kermorgant Sale then not keeping Riga
  • RedChaser said:

For me it was when no mark players started turning up and all of a sudden two of our keepers are not available and I had the missfortune to see Thuram make his debut at Boro where he weetabixed a speculative shot from 30 yards. He then proceeded to make several good stops with his feet in a 0-1 defeat.

Then the next but one away game (we lost 3-0 to at Donny in between) we almost grind out a win at Wigan and he concedes two in the last ten minutes after flapping his way through the game! Nego also made his debut there, was pants and not up to the rigours of Championship football.

The final straw was the sacking of Powell at the Sheff Utd Cup QF defeat where rumours were rife before the game over team selection. I've had no time for the bloke or his CEO ever since and that's the way it will remain until they are gone.

THIS.
  • Said it would be a bumpy ride but did think he'd turn it around after three of four years.

Was sceptical from the start but was willing to give them a chance but not keeping Riga was a key point. Giving us Luzon then employing Riga at Standard a week or so later was the final straw.
  • When it started to leak out that he was trying to force Powell to play the players they parachuted in and was willing to sell our players to give him no choice.
  • MrLargo said:

Selling Yann, when I knew that Yann didn't want to go. Conclusive proof was the sacking of Powell.

Not really enjoyed a game since - defeats have become less and less painful, wins less and less satisfying.

he shouldn't have refused to play thus triggering another year on his contract.

as much as i loved Yann, it was all about the money.
    Not this nonsense again.
  • Riga not being kept after keeping Powell's team up gave doubts.

The changeover between Peeters and Luzon was alarm bells.

The Belgians lost the fans at the Watford 5-0 and since then the football has been irrelevant.