Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When did you start having doubts about RD?

Comments

• Options

MrLargo said:

Selling Yann, when I knew that Yann didn't want to go. Conclusive proof was the sacking of Powell.

Not really enjoyed a game since - defeats have become less and less painful, wins less and less satisfying.

he shouldn't have refused to play thus triggering another year on his contract.

as much as i loved Yann, it was all about the money.
    Not this nonsense again.
    it's not nonsense though, he would have stayed for a pay rise but his contract was for another year not a pay rise so he wanted to leave.

he has admitted he would have stayed for a pay rise, if he had been having a poor season and triggered his extension, would we have been allowed to negotiate a pay cut?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Obivously a lot of you had doubts the moment the news broke on him. For me, when he bought us, I was initially very happy. It seemed for the first time since the prem days, we had financial stability.

The first inklings that he might be an oddball were via CL, with people sharing news on some of his antics at Standard Liege, and the fans opposition to him there. I just thought thats a one off and it wont happen here. How wrong I was!

I continued to give him the benefit of the doubt until last season, the Karel Fraeye debacle made it clear to me he had no idea about football, or what is best for Charlton.

I'd had enough way before the fraeye debacle. From memory it was when he sold Stephens and Yann. We were bottom? then and he sold our two most important attacking players. I just thought, "this bloke is a prick". The sacking of Powell sealed it and I've been hoping for his death ever since.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Selling Yann, when I knew that Yann didn't want to go. Conclusive proof was the sacking of Powell.

Not really enjoyed a game since - defeats have become less and less painful, wins less and less satisfying.

100%.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

he shouldn't have refused to play thus triggering another year on his contract.

as much as i loved Yann, it was all about the money.
    Not this nonsense again.
    it's not nonsense though, he would have stayed for a pay rise but his contract was for another year not a pay rise so he wanted to leave.

he has admitted he would have stayed for a pay rise, if he had been having a poor season and triggered his extension, would we have been allowed to negotiate a pay cut?
    he refused to play thus triggering another year on his contract. =NONSENSE.
  • Options
    Yann sale - made no sense.
    Who, in their right mind, in the situation we were in, would sell their Talisman and replace him with Peter Parsley.?
  • Options
    Just noticed from the STVV Forum that they have had Duchatelet for 12 years !
    It must be like the Chinese water torture.
  • Options

Selling Kermorgant confirmed for me that they were completely clueless.

Same here.

I remember my comment on the day: "This is madness."
  • Options
    Thurmun really did it but the Standard fan that used to post on here when all was new put small doubts in my mind. He didn't have any connection with us but he was giving us warnings of what was going to happen. I really didn't want to believe it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:

Honestly, the moment I saw Thuram play.

This. A player that poor suddenly playing for seemingly no reason.

Plus posts from Standard/STVV fans that RD is a fruitcake.
  • Options
    my most depressing game was Wigan away, when the realisation kicked in that POwell was being forced to lay the likes of Thuram and Nego. After seeing the recent email re that game, i could understand CP's demeanour of that day.
  • Options
    Powell sacking for me
  • Options
    When Riga got the pump the first time round for me
  • Options
    When FFP fell off a cliff face but he decided to continue no matter what.
  • Options
    Um hoping for his exit from the club?
  • Options
    I had 'doubts' from the start when Standard fans told us Roland was a man who didn't understand football, but I was willing to give him a chance until around the sacking of Peeters. I was so sad to see Powell go, and I thought we wasted what could have been a good transfer window, but Riga did the job he was brought in to do so I was willing to wait. I was also willing to support Peeters and I was happy with the signings for the most part - a massive improvement on the previous window - though it was clear that there were nowhere near enough of them, which was troubling. I was frustrated by the dull football and the number of kids being played too soon, and around that time I was pretty miserable watching Ahearne-Grant forced to play alongside a clearly crippled Vetokele while our one tactic was figured out and shredded. Then, when they chucked Peeters and brought in Luzon - who at that point had been sold to us as the proof that the Network was real and it was here to kill us - we couldn't even get him a work permit and we were savaged by Watford I fully got on the side of Roland out. I was and am still willing to support the team, but that was when I knew they didn't give a shit and we had a fight on our hands.
  • Options
    Good mate of mine turned up at my stag do at start of 2014 gutted that Kermorgant had gone and saying they were wrong uns. Maybe it was the jagerbombs and high spirits but I told him they probably knew what they were doing.

2 years later, married, with a multitude of inadequate network signings on the books and that jubilant optimism and any hope for the future has been devastatingly crushed in the manner of a ripe grape placed under one of Ed Ball's gargantuan bosoms after an evening of skipping the light fandango.

Sat there v QPR on the opening day of last season thinking for all the gimmicks and settees perhaps they were just misunderstood and "unique". I put the Woolwich town hall meeting down to histrionics albeit understandable concern and caution given our post Curbishley turbulence.

It dawned on me around the start of 2015 that they were clueless schmucks and I wrote a 38 page post as to why my mind had been changed. Sad thing is I can't even put my finger on the one thing that turned me off them, such is the multitude of catastrophe they've bestowed upon SE7; or perhaps it was a culmination of things that chipped away until the nescafe was right under the nostrils.

All been pretty shit since then really bar the odd self- deluding fleeting moment off optimism such as Rotherham away .

Yes he is funding the significant operating costs of the club, which at 3% interest is not altruistic and I would rather Barclays be funding it because at least they would not interfere in team selection and would insist the club be run with fiduciary duty and an an ounce of diligence. And why would it be altruistic, he probably didn't even know who we are before he took over and appears to have zero interest in finding out from his stubborn absence.

Still no closer to having a clue what his objective or desire is as his cited mission was blown out of the water years ago and despite what his incompetent proxy CEO says he clearly does failure and on an epic level with very little apparent empathy for the community of people it has affected.

• Options
    Koc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Urghh, that Balls image should really have been kept to yourself.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Selling Yann and getting rid of Powell sowed the seeds of doubt. The awful signings (apart from Thuram, he was a world cup winner).

Not keeping Riga after he did so well saw the shoots of doubt.

The inadequate squad Peters had, followed by giving him no time and then appointing the 2nd Standard reject in Luzon and the shoots had shot up like Bamboo.

I hadn't thought of it before but as @ElfsborgAddick said, that Watford game really was a turning of the tide, there was so much anger and disillusionment in that stand and we have never looked back since.
  • Options
    Had doubts all the time but for a long time was optimistic and hoped they'd learn from mistakes and we'd start to progress.

A year or so ago it really changed. Luzon didn't have the squad he needed (just like Peeters) and he was sacked (just like Peeters). Then Fraeye came in as "interim head coach", an obvious lie. I couldn't be bothered to drive up for the Sheff Wed game, missing one of the few home wins in the whole season. CARD I think was formed early in the new year and I was fully behind their aim.

They've turned me from an optimistic fan to a pessimistic one. This isn't a strong league, Slade wasn't getting enough from the players, we should at least make the play-offs with a few improvements to playing style and the squad.

But now I expect it to go wrong. Whether good players are sold in January, new signings aren't up to it, Robinson is sacked after falling out or a bad run, or just bad luck in the play-offs.
  • Options
    TBH it was Powell's face at that first press conference. He looked uncomfortable and not at all at ease.
    I wondered why he would be looking like that now we had a new owner and some stability.
    I did not much like the look of RD at that first little trio chat with Murray and KM. I did, however, welcome a woman CEO in KM.
    But I hoped for the best, the pitch got fixed pdq and it felt like it was all going to be positive.
    But it soon started to go tits up.
    And it hasn't got any better, just unbelievably worse.
  • Options
    As soon as I saw the video of Piotr in training on the official site. The shout of 'Lewandowski' from someone on the touch line as an attempt to encourage someone who clearly wasn't good enough for us. I was fuming after watching that.

That and seeing Thuram's 5-a-side goalie antics at Wigan.

I felt it was clear then that the owners had no idea about English football. Unfortunately they believed that knew it all and still do, by the sounds of things.

The Belgian fans who came on here when Roland first began to blight our club were all spot on in their assessments of the leach and his gormless cohorts.
  • Options
    Happy for about a day, then read some posts from Belgians that made me worry. They're was one from a St Truidan fan that ended something like, 'Before RD everything was grey and a bit boring. I miss those days.'
    I have been able to relate to that for a while now.
    Jan influx was bad news. Sacking CP was the end for me.
  • Options
    When he sold Yann I was suspicious of his intentions, when he sacked Powell I knew he was no good for the club. There and then was when I decided I would no longer renew my season ticket until he left.
  • Options
    Thuram was the first thing that worried me and since then its been steadily downhill. RD is an arrogant fruitloop and his despicable CEO is just as bad.