Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dalian Atkinson

Comments

• No? Bloody hell. RIP, far too young.
  • Tasered by police. WTF?
  • I just saw this - really sad. He was a brilliant player back in the day
  • That's shocking - I remember that goal he scored for Villa against Wimbledon at selhyrst park. RIP
  • i remember this one for the fan with umbrella celebrating

RIP Dalian
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP. I loved that goal he scored against Wimbledon at Selhurst, big shame this.
  • Got an Ipswich and a Wimbledon fan at work. Both in shock after this news, as am I. What on earth was he doing that prompted him being tasered? RIP
  • Maybe nothing.

• Blimey, he was proper quick and built like a tank. Proper old school centre-forward in the modern era in the early PL days. Used to terrorise Mabbutt, Ruddock and co in the Tottenham back four on a regular basis, Villa were truly our bogey side back then.

RIP Dalian, gone far too young.
  • cabbles said:

That's shocking - I remember that goal he scored for Villa against Wimbledon at selhyrst park. RIP

Freudian slip?

RIP
  • Sad....far too young RIP
  • RIP, that's shocking news
  • edited August 2016
    Rizzo said:

What on earth was he doing that prompted him being tasered? RIP

Purely speculation but I'd hazard a guess that he was either extremely drunk or had been suffering from some form of mental illness that had led him in to an 'episode' whereby he was a danger to himself or those around him.

RIP. One of my favourite players from back then.
  • Just seen this on the news. Shocking
  • Sponsored links:

• He was the player who a female interviewer asked of Ron Atkinson "Is he your son?"!!!! RIP
  • Bloody hell. I assumed this was the transfer thread.
    RIP.
  • Pedro45 said:

He was the player who a female interviewer asked of Ron Atkinson "Is he your son?"!!!! RIP

That was Karen Brady that he fooled
  • But bloody hell, im.sure light will be shed on this, shocking RIP Dalian
  • Omg this is shocking! Such a tragedy RIP Dalian
  • Rizzo said:

Purely speculation but I'd hazard a guess that he was either extremely drunk or had been suffering from some form of mental illness that had led him in to an 'episode' whereby he was a danger to himself or those around him.

But why "speculate" or "guess" in the first place?

Sad news.
  • Terrible waste, so young RIP
  • Sad news. RIP.
  • Off_it said:

Rizzo said:

Sad news.
    Maybe because someone had posed a question that would lead to "speculation" and "guesses" surrounding the tragic event? Also because there's always someone ready to jump on the morally high plinth.
  • Off_it said:

Rizzo said:

Sad news.
    Maybe because someone had posed a question that would lead to "speculation" and "guesses" surrounding the tragic event? Also because there's always someone ready to jump on the morally high plinth.
    Well why stop there. Maybe he was waving a gun about? Or maybe he was doing nothing wrong at all?

If you don't know anything then stfu.