Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I love booing!

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
No not really,i prefer to stay silent when they've had a shocker,an embarassing silence would be much better than the pantomime stuff.
Anyway,everybody on here says they don't do it but somebody out there is,i've heard them.So come on,reveal yourselves.

Comments

• No I dont. Never.

But I think there must be a number of reasons for it which are not simply down to the team playing poorly and not getting results.

What they are Im not sure.
  • I think a lot of the booing must stem from fans expectations not being achieved. We never heard it as much last season when we were near the bottom of the league. I didnt think we played that bad yesterday, and we were the better side for much of the second half. The difference between the two sides was that they had a top goalscorer on form,something we havent had all season. Lets face it, neither side would survive in the top flight.
  • Me and WSS were booing the booers if that helps.

I think those who do maybe need to save themselves a bit of money and scratch round coming
  • I was too angry and gutted to boo at FT

i was still gazing in disbelief and kicking the chair in front of me in frustration, how others weren't is beyond me
  • Not once ever. Won`t boo anyone in a Charlton shirt - fact
  • I don't boo myself, but I respect those that do, as long as they target the boos at specific players, rather than the whole team. It's really funny when there's a big boo every time a certain player gets the ball. Football is just entertainment at the end of the day, and it should have its babyfaces you cheer and heels you boo just like in professional wrestling. The fact that Alan Pardew has over the course of the season switched from being a face to a heel is the fault of no-one but himself (eg all his slagging of us fans in the media). Boo him. Boo him til he cries.
  • Can`t believe I am saying this but I am starting to think I support the wrong team. Charlton fans are now becoming an embarassment.
  • edited March 2008
  • I'm as confused as you, Shooters.

It never used to be like this. It's negative and destructive and I don't understand how it's meant to motivate
    and SUPPORT the team.

Floyd says above " ......I respect those that do, as long as they target the boos at specific players ....."
    I don't get that, either.

If I was a Charlton player, I would dread playing at The Valley.
  • Chelsea fans have just booed off their team after a 1-0 win to take them second in the Prem.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't want to be compared to anything to do with Chelsea
  • I didnt make any comparison

Its simply booing is now part of English football. Even if you are underperforming at 2nd in the prem.

My own opinion is that players and management are really quite detached from the ordinary fan. Flying to matches, earning wages in a week that some fans earn in a year, appearing aloof and superior. All that stuff. Plus society generally just has a more short term view of expecting success.

Some fans feel that they have a genuine right to vent their spleen be it booing or worse.
  • In my experiance it was always the more muggy and div laden fans that took to booing their side.

I give you Tottenham.

Don't think it achieves anything and we don't all have to be sheep just because the words are easy BOOOOOOOOOO.
  • Maybe it led to the departure of Les Reed and the arrival of Alan Pardew! A form of achievement.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]

Plus society generally just has a more short term view of expecting success.

Maybe this is nearer the point.

'Instant gratification' is a modern day cliche, as we know - and I don't suppose many of today's generation of football fan expects any different.

When you can watch TV games with the World's best talent, wherever you are whenever you like, you are going to have totally unrealistic expectations when watching a game in the Championship.

So Iwelumo isn't Ronaldo and Holland isn't Gerard - and The Valley isn't Old Trafford.

But we know all that before we go to watch Charlton, so why do some fans expect Charlton to play like Man Utd on speed
    - and then relentlessly attack their own team, when they're not winning 2-0 in the first 10 minutes?

Some 'supporters' need a check-up from the neck up .........
  • Oggy

What can we expect from the Plymouth fans? Their last 2 results havent been so clever.
  • I'll get their feedback at work tomorrow.

Watch this space!
  • The only time I've ever booed was at the Wycombe game - the chance to reach a cup semi-final and against a lower league team - that was truly a disgraceful performance.

Yesterday's was a million miles away from that, and the boo-ers should be ashamed.

But they don't seem to exist, so guess they won't be.
  • I only Boo at pantomimes.
    Never booed at football, not even Jermaine Defoe. I think it is just so childish.
    As someone else pointed out last night, some booed Lits's name being read out! How pathetic is that.
    There was someone new a couple of rows behind me yesterday, just along from Golfie and co. Bloke was going mental all game at Pardew and everyone. Absolutely lost it just before Lita scored, that shut him up for 1 min. Complete w**ker.
    I really do not know why some people bother going. I get frustrated but always support.
  • Well said oggy and guru, its time some of our fans got real about supporting Charlton. Maybe they should be supporting another team coz they certainly aint supporting this one.
  • Sponsored links:

Its simply booing is now part of English football.
    Yeps - because of all the soppy Sky bollocks where people think they have the right to watch a 4-3 win every week. Just because its now 'part of English football' doesn't make it right.
  • I dont like to hear it myself but I dont think I have the right to tell other people how they should or should not behave (except when its offensive or illegal).

I have tried to make some rational points about why it might be occuring.

Im not personally convinced its so called new fans who will disappear next season. I think there is a broader disenchantment.

And its not particularly a Charlton thing.
  • I admit to giving a quick boo at the end of the first half as it wasn't really acceptable. At least in the second half we picked up our game and played better. I believe most fans booing is actually aimed at Pardew whose team selections, tactics and substitutions are baffling to most. I'd be far,far happier if he brought back Moo2, Youga and Varney and dropped one of Holland/Samedo and paired Varney with Lita/Gray as long as that big lump Iwelumo is bombed out.

My own opinion is that players and management are really quite detached from the ordinary fan. Flying to matches, earning wages in a week that some fans earn in a year, appearing aloof and superior. All that stuff. Plus society generally just has a more short term view of expecting success.

Some fans feel that they have a genuine right to vent their spleen be it booing or worse.

Good points, and I'd add to that the cost of going to football these days. I know we're better than a lot price-wise, but back in the day if you watched a shite game of football at least it hadn't cost you an arm and a leg for the "privilege". Also, the feeling people get - possibly sub-conciously - when they see the people they have just paid to be entertained by shooting off in their Bentley's etc does kinda stick in the throat when you have to queue up for a train in the pissing rain!
  • edited March 2008
    No one can justify booing no one IMO

The Les reed debarcle was the lowest i had ever felt in footballing terms the chance of a Semi final against the one team you would have wnted in the qtrs and i still didnt boo.

I hate going to the games now days i really hate it as i know it could end up in a scrap because the booers are Fecking me right off.

What do you think you are bringing to the table

I will tell you

The comment by Floydandharvey is the most ridiculous blood boiling comment i have read on here you should be ashamed of yourself.

Why the feck should the players perform for us with people who think it is only fine to offer support when we are winning,

Supporters stick together they support their team through thick and thin they do not follow this Tottenham Hotspurs bollox of spouting we want our Charlton back Boo Boo Boo Boo

I think that anyone who boos is a disgrace just dont do it near me cos i wont put up with it.

I want our Charlton back but the one i want back is the 6-8000 that went cos it felt good, Went because we wanted to win but also when we did win we knew that we had done it together

Fans-Players-mgr-Board the whole fecking lot of us

when we lost we lost together

not none of the muggy bstds who are allegdly showing their support.

You lot piss me right off

To liken it to wrestling is ridiculous if you are telling me that people are booing to create heros and villians you are mad and need help

wrestling FFS

rant over
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]I don't boo myself, but I respect those that do, as long as they target the boos at specific players, rather than the whole team. It's really funny when there's a big boo every time a certain player gets the ball. Football is just entertainment at the end of the day, and it should have its babyfaces you cheer and heels you boo just like in professional wrestling. The fact that Alan Pardew has over the course of the season switched from being a face to a heel is the fault of no-one but himself (eg all his slagging of us fans in the media). Boo him. Boo him til he cries.
  • If you want to boo or hiss etc - go to a pantomine.
  • Everyone is so mature....
  • I only boo when ambrose scores, that's ok isn't it?...
  • I only boo when I'm haunting...!
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]No one can justify booing no one IMO

A big "booooooooooooooooooooooooooo" to that comment!