Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I love booing!

Comments

• Options
    When Wolves fans were saying that the Valley was worse then Molineux for getting on a teams back, then you know something was wrong
  • Options
    Just want to second northlondonaddicks's rant against 'floyd and harvey'.

Never did like that stupid cat and dog.
    Take yourself to a circus because that's where you belong.

Seriously though, maybe some of the people that boo can tell us where they work. I'm sure they'll think it's perfectly reasonable for some of us to come along and boo them in their work.
  • Options
    give it a rest Jim,i'm sick and tired of people trying to ignore the tripe i've been subjected to at home this year by having a go at people booing.No i dont boo,if it's crap I give it to them not boo them just like North London does (he sits right behind me ;-) ).I also try and sing and get others too as well just like North London does.But the reason people are booing is coz it's shite,let's not paint it any other way.I have always had the opinion be it right or wrong that people pay their money and therefore are entitled to their opinion whether i agree with it or not.In the old days you could move,now you cant so be it,but thats the beauty of the game,but seriously more and more people are justifying the performances just because players are being booed and that mon petit fleur is a load of old boll**ks.
  • Options
    My argument is that if you find it shite, don't go. Just not being there would be better then booing. You talk about people paying their money but to continually pay money for something you find shite is just plain stupid. As is calling another man 'mon petit fleur.' Are you gay?
  • Options
    Handbags at 10 paces, you two.......! Ha Ha!
  • Options
    i think some people might enjoy booing , it's a release maybe ...
    personally i'll scream two quick words and a muffled swear word under my breath, at a player i think has mucked up, just to release my frustration/tension at the players inability to trap/pass/cross a ball but others might enjoy the release of booooing some clown who has made a mistake or ten or 35
  • Options
    whats with the personal digs jim?
  • Options
    I do not agree with booing, but I'll defend to the death fan's rights to do so.

If players are upset by booing & cannot perform to their full potential - well they don't have to accept the fat paycheck they get every week - there's nothing to say they have to play. I want the kind of player in my team that takes booing as a challenge & fights tooth & nail to ram those boos back down the fans throats. I'm not interested in the type who gets all upset & sulks all the way home in his Baby Bentley -back to his mock tudor mansion on the Kent/Essex border

Booing & cursing your own team has been around as long as the game has been, you cannot expect everyone to conform to the "100% happy-clapper, support them even if they are in Div 3 of the Gola League" ideal.

I would say every team in the land be it top of the Premier or bottom of the Scottish 3rd Division will have fans that boo at some stage, Charlton fans are no worse than any other team. What we do have, along with many others no doubt - is a small minority of holier than thou fans, who hark back to the days of 3000 in 1984 & claim that because they suffered those days & things are so much better relatively now, no one has the right to be frustrated at the tripe being dished up in recent weeks.

I don't boo, never have done either but neither do i subscribe to the polar opposite view that has been repeatedly expressed on here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite], but I'll defend to the death fan's rights to do so.

Bit extreme that oakey.Dieing for the cause.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]What we do have is a small minority of holier than thou fans, who hark back to the days of 3000 in 1984 & claim that because they suffered those days &things are so much better relatively now, no one has the right to be frustrated at the tripe being dished up in recent weeks.

totally agree, we have moved on to bigger and better things and even tho our support is crap it's quite good in numbers (home games only) and i'd rather we have 20k+(booers included) than nearer the 10k i expect to be watching if this slide continues
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]My argument is that if you find it shite, don't go. Just not being there would be better then booing. You talk about people paying their money but to continually pay money for something you find shite is just plain stupid. As is calling another man 'mon petit fleur.' Are you gay?

Jim the french bit was tongue in cheek mate,sorry if you seem to have had a personality bypass.I will continue to go because i have seen the shite before and went through that,i've been going as long as you and all your brothers who i listened to for many hours on a sunday night when you all used to ring up and have your rants,although i didn't hear you lot boo down the phone.As oakster said if the players dont like being booed then feck off and we will get some players in who give a feck about the club and who wont need booing.Just stop blaming the fans when they turn up every week and the players don't.
  • Options
    you would think floyd and harvey would have gone before the womens team... eh..??

(I wish)

;)
  • Options
    If there is going to be booing do it at the fecking end

Boo who the feck you like at the end.

during the game shout and ball people out on the pitch who arent trying give them stick all fair play.

But whilst the periods of dross subside for ten or so mins think about singing,

Think about raising the player that is not pissing you off by chanting his name preferably if he is playing not the dicko chants that were uncalled for IMO.

But to be booing at half time when we had just got back into the game gave Wolves players the edge not ours, You can imagine that bent nosed millwall bstd saying look they are at them now get about them make the crowd more negative and we can do damage here
  • Options
    Good Posts NLA ( the last one) and Steve. Its about time the finger pointing stopped, its whats happening on the pitch that dictates peoples reactions, direct it there, not at fellow fans who go to games through thick and thin.
  • Options
    Please revert to wearing pants outside your trousers as a mark of protest to the team.
  • Options
    Talking of pants, I'm pretty sure there was a fans protest at Reading under Pardew when the supporters all brought there underwear to wave around to voice their displeasure at the crap they were watching.

Not advocating that at the Valley.Especially judging by the lumps near me ;-)
  • Options
    that is funny...

Swing your pants!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    See Pardew doesnt change then:

"Pardew stated that the players had been brave to take the field and that he wouldn't have been able to play under those conditions - in his opinion the fans' actions were disgusting and affected the performance of his players."
  • Options
    You guys are swaying me far to easily Pards does come across as a bit of tosser really especially in that PANTS Day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think we should have a PARDS IS PANTS day
  • Options
    Seeing as he feels WE are in need of 'improved support', Pards could always respond to the pants day by getting the players and staff to wave around underwired bras........
  • Options
    I don't want to see Henry take his bra off
  • Options
    Pards is Soiled Pants..
  • Options
    What about Thong's day....I mean there is something thong with the way the team is playing?

I apologise if I have offended anybody who has a speech impediment. If I have, then I fully deserve to be booed but only if they are sure that everybody about is not offended with being booed or hearing or seeing somebody being booed.
  • Options
    your dead! i have a stttttttttueeeeer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I don't want to see Henry take his bra off

Piss off and tell your HR Dept that they owe me a feedback form : - )
  • Options
    I have bought a new pair of pants that will be robust enough for the full 90minutes
  • Options
    quote As oakster said if the players dont like being booed then feck off and we will get some players in who give a feck about the club and who wont need booing.Just stop blaming the fans when they turn up every week and the players don't.

All very well and good if you really think that the players don't give a 'feck'. I just don't agree that this is true. Last season I would have agreed with you, this season I just think that they are overwhelmed by it all. It isn't necessarly like Oakster says either; that they go home and sulk about the booing, rather that it makes them nervous. Expecting players to play better when they are booed is unrealistic: it takes a certain personality type to feel angry within himself at 20,000+ people. Most people just aren't capable of that IMO.
  • Options
    I could understand it Jimmy if they were all youngsters suddenly thrown in at the deep end. However Weaver, Thatcher, McCarthy, Holland, Ambrose, Iwelumo, Lita, Halford & Thomas are all experienced players who, should by now, be used to handling the pressures on & off the field.

Some of them have played in front of far, far more demanding fans at stages throughout their career - I'm thinking of the likes of Manchester City, Newcastle, Sunderland, Forest & Spurs - I know I have been away a while but I cannot believe that the levels of negativity at the Valley are anything more extraordinary than any other similarly underachieving club.

I agree the foreign lads might be a bit baffled by it - I just cannot accept so easily the blame that Pardew seems to be directing towards the fans. It's up to him & the players to perform, which by all accounts they have failed to do in quite a few recent games both home & away.